Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 7:51 am

This psychologist said to me 8 years ago in regards to me being insecure about my height of 5ft7.

"If you accept yourself for who you are it will make you so much more of a stronger person."

Can you explain in more depth what she was trying today to me?

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 8:11 am

There's enough negativity by others without further weakening yourself by hating or disliking aspects of yourself. And also when people sense you don't like yourself they may be sympathetic and supportive but some will go after you like a shark sensing blood in the water.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 9:31 am

I'm 5 foot 4.75, shorter than you by 2.25 inches. I don't feel 2.25 degrees lower than you. I don't feel insecure about my height. It is what it is.

You have to accept yourself physically. This will enable you to grow emotionally, intellectually, materially, etc. Ultimate adult height is mostly irrelevant within most societies.

I'm surprised, as a Brit, that you didn't express your height in centimetres. I'm about 165cms in height; I would imagine you're around 170cms.

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

What about your height makes you insecure? Are you worried that people will look down on you? Because I think you're about average height.

Are you worried about it in relation to dating? I don't think height matters in regards to success in that area (except in cases where you aren't confident because you have a belief that it matters). Hope this helps.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 9:37 am

When two people kiss, they are same height--especially when they are lying down.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 12:30 pm

Well it makes me feel insecure when I am the shortest in a group of men. For my age range in the uk I am 3 inches under the aversge male :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm

You are taller than most women; that's probably the most important thing. Women tend to prefer men who are taller than them.

It's not the same with me. My wife is the same height as me; she thinks she's taller, though. There are many women who are taller than me.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 1:30 pm

I'm happy with my height being six feet. My mum is about 5'11" and insecure about it too and she considers shorter men as boyfriend material but my mum is not on the autistic spectrum