Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 8:51 pm

I cry and kink doors and we'll I don't remember what else because I usually don't remember I usually have shutdowns but I never hit anyone or anything like that.

How would you describe your meltdowns?

Meril
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2014, 10:07 pm

if I'm at home then i start crying, shaking, I feel more upset about everything, my sensory issues are more extreme, i will be upset about things other than whatever instigated the meltdown, and i will breathe weirdly. if I'm not at home it is suppressed. Sometimes its internal, and i appear to be functioning normally. other times i have the physical symptoms but am very concerned about letting it out as little as possible. sometimes i just kinda go automatic or ignore it until i get home or to a place i feel comfortable, this is sometimes what happens after the internal one i mentioned.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

17 Nov 2014, 8:21 am

My mind is being hit by an emotional tornado, and my consciousness is in there helplessly trying to keep things under control while people around me are staring and believing that I am a dangerous and scary person.

It's not that I'm completely out of control, but it's like I'm juggling a thousand emotional reactions at once. I can keep myself from hurting a person, but I can't keep myself from screaming or showing affective signals associated with rage, and as the storm breaks down into chaos, I'm hit with an unwanted tide of endorphin as I start crying profusely.

There is often no clear reason why they happen. They seem to be triggered by things that don't even make sense to most people.

kaedatiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

Haven't had one in years, since my family always were the trigger, and they're nice to me now that I live on my own. The meltdowns were definitely not pretty, though. They were pretty reactive.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

17 Nov 2014, 11:00 am

My brain doesn't work right. I have trouble remembering things, because my thoughts are in a jumble. I have feelings I cannot show, and do not know what to do with. After prolonged exposure to a stressful environment, I start to develop ticks. It's is quite scary, and I do not like it. There are reasons for it pritty much, but after exposure to them, it can take a long time for my issues to go away. Some people do not even realise what is happening to me. This is the main reason why I have been led to believe I have aspergers, or something. It has ruined alot of aspects of my career, relationships, and other things that normal people take for granted. One day I may have enough money, or insurance to get somekind of diagnoses from a professional. For now I do o.k. I just hope I can stay that way.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 2:34 pm

My meltdowns usually center around the word <<NO>> and involve involuntarily stomping off somewhere to quietly deal with the instant migraine from hell.

After the meltdown I'm usually non-verbal for quite some time - hours or a day.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 3:12 pm

My head starts feeling like it's getting red hot. Everything pretty much becomes a jumbled blur after that. Am told sometimes I go ballistic. Other times I curl up in a ball. Sometimes curled up I'm crying and screaming, and other times I go catatonic.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 4:31 pm

I think this is a decent description.

non sequitur
non sequitur
error
error

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6o881n35GU[/youtube]

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 5:35 pm

Crying, lots of self harm (punching and pinching myself) and throwing myself around my room.

Noodle1331
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2014, 7:49 pm

with my mild ones i just breath kinda weird or hold my breath, rock back and forth and pinch my arms and i find it hard to speak or understand.
With my more severe ones which don't happen too often thankfully. My breathing is much more erratic or i hold it until i gasp for air, rock back and forth alot more. i've been told i blink rapidly and don't seem to be fully aware there are people around me. It kinda seems like the edges of my vision are blurred or something, i get an itching in my throat like when you're about to cry. everythings brighter and louder then it usually is and i can't think properly. i lose sense of time, like it feel like its been going on for a few minutes when its actually hours, but it usually feels like hours when its only been a few minutes.

for the mild ones it helps to listen to music or do something distracting like a special interest.
for the more severe ones: being alone, watching tv, drinking tea or something, have someone i trust calm me down, or sleep.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:17 am

How to describe a meltdown... Mine is getting rare since 2 years ago. Sensory overload isn't of an issue for me anymore since then.

In my own case, I'll be very overwhelmed, confused, frustrated... If my focus turned off and because of that, my senses ends up being heightened which it never helps. My own mind is struggling for control, trying to know 'why' and it only gets worse when finding out nothing.
My own solution is shutting down from people, and hopefully to find something relaxing. But my best solution is walking it off, and not to talk to people; focus enough to filter everything... If you count walking on the street for more than half an hour as stimming that is.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.