Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:50 am

I don't do much drawing, but when it happens I mostly stick with a regular pencil. I don't color much of my work, because it tends to look artificial.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 5:56 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Is that Kaneki in your avatar

I usualy prefer Copic or watercolors when I color traditionally (which is rare these days).

Muziek wrote:
Yes, I think it is Kaneki too. :) Certainly looks a lot like him.

Yes it is kaneki :D :D :D
Skurvey wrote:
I love bright colours and my favourite medium is oil pastel. I go for the smearing technique so it's like finger painting - totally hands on and very messy, but the smoothness of the oil is pleasing. Unfortunately there is a big difference between the cheap ones and the expensive ones, my favourite brand is Caran Dache; really soft and gooey. Unfortunately they are really expensive at nearly $5 a stick, meaning in a big picture I can put $2-300 worth of pastel on!

As to favourite colours, I like to use basic primaries and secondaries and blend them for anything else I need.

I use any type of pencil colors I find although I like the types which you can mix and smudge
My favorite colores are blue, Grey, black, other cool colors, I also like yellow, red and orange sometimes.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:
I don't do much drawing, but when it happens I mostly stick with a regular pencil. I don't color much of my work, because it tends to look artificial.

I used to hate coloring but now I like it more than drawing; its more fun and entertaining. :D

PurpleStrawberry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2014, 4:39 pm

I tend to use grey graphite pencils, but I sometimes draw with coloured pencils as well :p

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 4:30 pm

PurpleStrawberry wrote:
I tend to use grey graphite pencils, but I sometimes draw with coloured pencils as well :p

I love using grey graphite pencils xD I use colored pencils for coloring only :p I was thinking to try brown pencils as well but I'm too lazy those days to do so xD

sheila_rawr
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm

Idk about anybody else, but I love using pens for sketches. The messy pen look makes my sketches look a bit more detailed and have a glossier effect although slight messups may be visible. Acrylic paints and pastels are fun to use for fullout drawings because they're cheap and produce a nice finishing touch to them. I've used pastels to draw flower during late grade 8 and early grade 9, but then I got into painting just last summer, and it's so fun. I'm not very fond of the look of dry brush techniques, I prefer impasto or water colours because they add more value and depth in the work. But the thing is that it's so hard to use those techniques because I feel like a always need to fix the painting somehow, so I end up smoothing it out until all of the depth is gone.

sheila_rawr
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Dec 2014, 2:49 pm

Wait, I wasn't on topic. I like to use analogous colours when drawing, painting, or sketching.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm

I like thick messy ink too. I also find it frustrating that mistakes are harder to fix, but the thick black ink against a white background looks awesome. Mistakes can sometimes be "fixed" creatively.

loobyloukitty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm

I use acrylic, ink,watercolour, flavoured tea and sometimes enamel paint.

Ohdannyboy

10 Dec 2014, 12:59 am

Acrylic paint, watercolor paint, colored pencils, and does digital art count?

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2014, 12:17 pm

Ohdannyboy wrote:
Acrylic paint, watercolor paint, colored pencils, and does digital art count?

Digital art definitely counts. They've had BFA's in Graphic design at the State University here in town since 2001. I use to enjoy drawing things and then scanning them into Illustrator and manipulating them into something new.

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm

I used charcoal pencils for shading and lines, while I use colored pencils for color the pictures.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 6:24 pm

100% recycled pixels.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: