Are you dependent on your family?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 12:02 am

I am. Mum does just about everything for me! I bet I won't even move out of home when I'm an adult! I told mum that though, and she doesn't seem to mind.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 12:20 am

I am...emotionally and financially...I'm working on my independence though...
I think both of us will be able to find the balance between accepting the support of our beloved ones and being on our own...being independent...

The thing is, you get annoyed by overprotective parents, and overprotection can be very negative, but once you're out there on your own you realize that your parents were trying to love you...although it may not have been in the most effective way...and after all you sort of appreciate that...At least that was my experience...

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2007, 12:24 am

I'm too old for family dependence, but I'm very dependent on the community help that I get. It's on account of those fine people that I have a life at all.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 12:26 am

When I was 4, I told my mom I wouldn't get married or have children and I would live with my parents all my life.

Now, I'm 20, I haven't had a love relationship, and my mom stills washing and ironning my clothes, and helping me in other ways.

I'm thinking I had reason when I said that at age of 4 :?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Mar 2007, 12:44 am

no way my parents couldnt love a pet rock, haha. with that being said me and my siblings are fairly close, my parents however are not.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 12:55 am

I lived with my parents until I was 21 and then with my mother until I was 24, and then with my ex until I was 29. I rely on them still for financial help, but I am pretty much alone in the world apart from that.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 12:57 am

Not any more. I was until age 27 when I left home though I had been working a few piddly jobs on and off for a few years before I left. I lived with someone else for a year after that and have lived alone the past 8 yrs since. I recently met some nice people through the autism society. But have really not received any financial assistance aside from the state buying my hearing aids because my medical insurance considers HA's cosmetic.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 1:39 am

I don't think I could stand living alone.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 1:41 am

Totally dependent emotionally and financially.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 3:17 am

Of course I am. I haven't even graduated from high school yet! I do plan on staying with my mom through college though. Then she's going to pay for my first house and I'm still planning on living fairly close by. Close enough withen a half hour drive but far enough from my bickering family. :wink: