Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 12:25 pm

I just got an online interview that I'm going to have using the Examination of Anomalous World Experience, the companion manual to the Examination of Anomalous Self-Experience. Can't wait!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 10:24 pm

I'm being interviewed for the Examination of Anomalous Self-Experience, also! The weekend after next is when it'll happen.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 11:22 am

Was just interviewed for the EASE yesterday and got my preliminary results back. Here is a full copy of the EASE (PDF download):

http://www.nordlandssykehuset.no/getfil ... r/EASE.pdf

Here are the items I matched (subtypes not included):

Definitely Present
1.4 Thought Block
1.6 Ruminations-Obsessions
1.7 Perceptualization of Inner Speech/Thought
1.8 Spatialization of Experience
1.9 Ambivalence
1.11 Disturbance of Thought Initiative/Intentionality
1.17 Disturbance of Expressive Language Function
2.1 Diminished Sense of Basic Self
2.2 Distorted First-Person Perspective
2.4 Diminished Presence
2.5 Derealization
2.6 Hyperreflectivity/Increased Reflectivity
2.13 Anxiety
2.16 Diminished Initiative
2.17 Hypohedonia
2.18 Diminished Vitality
3.1 Morphological Change
3.2 Mirror-Related Phenomena
3.3 Somatic Depersonalization (Bodily Estrangement)
3.4 Psychophysical Misfit and Psychophysical Split
3.6 Spatialization (Objectification) of Bodily Experiences
3.7 Cenesthetic Experiences
3.8 Motor Disturbances
5.1 Primary Self-Reference Phenomena
5.2 Feelings of Centrality
5.7 Existential or Intellectual Change

Questionably Present
1.1 Thought Interference
1.12 Attentional Disturbances
1.13 Disorder of Short-Term Memory
1.14 Disturbance of Time Experience
2.9 Identity Confusion
2.14 Ontological Anxiety
2.15 Diminished Transparency of Consciousness
4.1 Confusion With the Other
4.4 Passivity Mood ('Beeinflussungsstimmung')
4.5 Other Transitivistic Phenomena
5.4 'As If' Feelings of Extraordinary Creative Power, Insight Into Reality, or Insight Into Own Mind or the Mind of Others
5.5 'As If' Feeling that the Experienced World Is Not Truly Real, Existing, As If It Was Only Somehow Apparent, Illusory, or Deceptive

Absent
1.2 Loss of Thought Ipseity ('Gedankenenteignung')
1.3 Thought Pressure
1.5 Silent Thought Echo
1.10 Inability to Discriminate Modalities of Intentionality
1.15 Discontinuous Awareness of Own Action
1.16 Discordance Between Expression and Expressed
2.3 Psychic Depersonalization (Self-Alienation)
2.7 I-Split (Ich-Spaltung)
2.8 Dissociative Depersonalization
2.10 Sense of Change in Relation to Chronological Age
2.11 Sense of Change in Relation to Gender
2.12 Loss of Common Sense/Perplexity
3.5 Bodily Disintegration
3.9 Mimetic Experience
4.2 Confusion With Own's Specular Image
4.3 Threatening Bodily Contact and Feelings of Fusion with Another
5.3 Feeling As If the Subject's Experiential Field Is the Only Extant Reality
5.6 Magical Ideas Linked to the Subject's Way of Experiencing
5.8 Solipsistic Grandiosity

She has not done a thorough data analysis of it yet, so we would have to wait for that.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 8:43 pm

She's going to eventually write a data analysis on the interview, but she's told me some things she's observed already. One, she notes that I do have obsessive and compulsive tendencies. She notes that I also have an intense tendency to reflect about the world. She notes that my first-person perspective is often distorted or dislocated, and occasionally "eroded." She notes that I have rather porous ego boundaries, often not properly distinguishing between self and other along with a "universal" sense of "vulnerability" to others that is not due to any identifiable factor, and some basic self-disturbance resulting in some forms of dissociation. (Basic self-disturbance is different from the self-disturbance in Borderline Personality Disorder; the former refers to a disorder of the most basic sense of self, that is of "pre-reflectively" (i.e. with having such a sense without having to think about or reflect on it) occupying a distinct perspective on the world, as I understand the term.)

She notes, positively, that I appear strongly anchored to the "shared social world," despite enduring vulnerability to a schizophrenia spectrum disorder and idiosyncratic ways of experiencing the world. She says that this makes the risk of developing psychosis lower, because of the anchoring, but she also notes that I should manage any such risk with my current mental health professionals, as she does not treat or give recommendations for treatment due to this interview being for research primarily. Nevertheless, she has recommended that I spend time with others who have similar interests, who would likely have similar idiosyncrasies.

Of course, as I understand it, this anchoring is vulnerable and based entirely on my affect and motivation. If those two things start to go south, then I might become "un-anchored."