Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kai Nashi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2014, 1:33 pm

Lately I have been having friend problems, and one of the reaons is I can get pretty aggressive against her. Like, we have been arguing a lot and most of it has been on how i think of myself (ugly, stupid, worthless, ect...) and after stuff like this I would apologize for saying such and ect, but usually after I go right at it again. At points i dont think she cares about me and stuff but then I think she does, and im getting to the point with her that i might not be her friend anymore, and btw i like her too.

Am I bipolar? I dont know a lot about it and I am VEERY sorry if this does not relate to it it runs in my family and yeah I just am not sure..

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 5:52 pm

That sounds pretty normal really, especially for someone with very low self esteem. Do you have periods that you would define as "highs" where you are very euphoric for no reason and then hit rock bottom? Bipolar disorder has a wide array of symptoms, I was diagnosed with it and have type 2. If you think you have it I would really try talking to a doctor, don't go to him and say you think you're bipolar but make a list of emotional stuff you suffer from, scenarios, etc, be it depression, spontaneous behavior, etc and share it with him or her.

But no, going by just what you've described I don't think you're bi-polar. I'm not saying you don't have it, I'm just going with the info you've provided.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2014, 10:45 pm

I have a form of bipolar known as schizo-affective disorder. I can relate to what you're dealing with very well. Ten years ago I was in a relationship. IMO, the back and forth of anger, apology, anger is not NT normal. That's how it was for me though. I would have feelings of persecution (anger) and then guilt (apology). And back and forth, over and over.