Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:15 pm

At the moment, I'm watching a recording of the musical Cats and suddenly began to wonder what do furries think about the show?

I wonder if any group of furries have ever gone to see it in their costume (or whatever they call it).

I have a copy of the soundtrack from the Broadway musical, but don't find it very interesting. The video is far more entertaining.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:42 pm

Since not everyone is familiar with furries, I thought that I would mention what I understand them to be. Please correct me if my understanding is less than accurate.

Furries are people who would like to live life as something similar to a cartoon animal. I understand that they often dress as their choice of animal in private, with other furries, and at furry conventions.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 12:25 am

eric76 wrote:
Furries are people who would like to live life as something similar to a cartoon animal. I understand that they often dress as their choice of animal in private, with other furries, and at furry conventions.

It sounds like you're confusing "furries" with "otherkin", somewhat. Some furries do dress up as their favorite characters, but most don't identify as or want to "be" another non-human animal. Furries are simply fans of anthropomorphic animals.

People who identify as or want to be non-human animals, on the other hand are known as "otherkin". Now there are some people who are both furry and otherkin, but the two aren't mutually inclusive, or exclusive for that matter.

I'm a bit of a furry fan, but I'm not hardcore about it. I also have some otherkin-ish tendencies in that I identify with housecats a lot, though I don't truly believe I am one. ;)