Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 9:12 pm

8O When I was about 8 years old, some doctors suspected that I might have OCD because of my extreme germophobia, which had resulted from an extreme emetophobia (fear of vomiting) that I still suffer from. I used to spend hours cleaning, wash my hands 30 times per day, pray the rosary 4 times a day so that I would not get sick, and I carried a bag full of cleaning supplies, rubber gloves, masks, toilet seat covers, and other items of that nature everywhere I went.

Now, most of my rituals involve my computer. My desktop wallpaper has to match my furniture and upholstery, I sign into certain websites in a certain order, log in/out excessively, arrange icons, make my own icons to match backgrounds, etc. I just spent all day making icons for all or my icons in my favorite colors so they would all be round and have a certain amount of each color. The ringtone on my phone has to be themed to the background. 8O

8O I already mentioned the problem with odd numbers on here. I also tend to have a messy room/house at times, but when I get the urge to clean it, it has to be perfect. I have things set on furniture facing specific angles, I have books on shelves alphabetized and/or color-coded, I am, for the most part, a grammar Nazi. I need to do personal hygiene a certain way, at this past Thanksgiving a few days ago, (right after leaving the asylum 2 days prior) I had to have some of everything on my plate, and it had to go in a certain place every time.

I have begun having bouts where I clean certain parts or all of [a] room(s) and will not stop until it is done. My calorie counting hasn't been bad in a few years, but at one time I counted every single one (to gain weight, not to lose.) Now that I have recently lost 15 pounds as a side-effect of Zantac, which my primary called in for GERD issues, I fear that I might start counting again to try and gain more weight, especially since I am horrified to imagine what I would feel like if my bra size fell past a certain measurement. I have already begun to purposely eat more & higher fat things. 8O

8O I have already been diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder NOS, and Adjustment Disorder. Other doctors suspect (in addition to OCD) that I might have somatoform disorders, Bi-Polar, and depression. I know I suffer from SAD because I get moody each winter. Of course, that is not to mention my PCOS, fibrous cortical defect on my left tibia, and a mild cerebullar ectopia at the base of my cerebrospinal column. Oh, and I do think I have math disability due to my 88 visual IQ and I suspect synesthesia because I have always been able to feel colors with my hands.

Overall, what do you guys think? Would it be important to get an OCD diagnosis or not? 8O

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 12:26 pm

I think that OCD may be a symptom of PDD. It is a type of obsessiveness, especially early-onset OCD may be correlated with PDD/ASD. I think that you have not only AS, but also "recognisable" OCD. Your OCD appears to be not so "weird" as mine.

I had weird rituals since childhood. I had magical thinking OCD maybe even without insight. It looks as "schizotypal" OCD and I think that it may be a schizotypal symptom. It was quite severe when I was about 12 - 15 years old. Magical thinking is kooky and stupid. It is nutty and pathological. Aspies do not have it so often, but I had many magical thinking in my early adolescence (onset was about 7 years old, but they were not so severe then). I reduced magical thinking strongly due to religion.

When I was 17 I heard from a doctor that I had a "bookish case" of OCD. Now I get medications to my "obsessiveness". I have also many "obsessive" interests, which are not so practical. Interest in AS and similar conditions is my great special interest.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 2:26 pm

I actually do have magical thinking. I believe and thing I can see/feel ghosts.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 9:57 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
8O I have already been diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder NOS, and Adjustment Disorder. Other doctors suspect (in addition to OCD) that I might have somatoform disorders, Bi-Polar, and depression. I know I suffer from SAD because I get moody each winter. Of course, that is not to mention my PCOS, fibrous cortical defect on my left tibia, and a mild cerebullar ectopia at the base of my cerebrospinal column. Oh, and I do think I have math disability due to my 88 visual IQ and I suspect synesthesia because I have always been able to feel colors with my hands.

If you already have ~6 comorbidities, I would not be surprised. The more comorbidities you have, the more likely it is you will have another. Furthermore, OCD is in the "neurological triad" which consists of OCD, ADHD, and tics.

I also have ADHD, Anxiety, and OCD. I also have Tourettes, Borderline Personality Disorder, dyscalculia.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 2:21 am

I have only Asperger's diagnosis and OCD. But I suspect also other disorders such as mild NLD, SCT, schizotypal disorder and other symptoms, some of them are really kooky. I think that I may have a form of McDD. I was named as "unsuitable to world" by a catholic priest in my adolescence. I have seriously idiosyncratic mentality. I have "obsessive" interests in AS and similar condtions. I like to write very much posts in Polish AS forum, which may be really irritating to some users.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 11:37 am

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
I actually do have magical thinking. I believe and thing I can see/feel ghosts.

I think that you should get OCD diagnosis. Obsessiveness is one of a symptoms of ASD, but in your case it looks as an evident example of OCD.

It is not good that you have magical thinking. It may look (at least in my case) as a schizotypal trait. I had it sometimes still and it is "kooky".

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 2:09 pm

Yeah, I know. Hence, I just came from the loony bin.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 8:00 pm

At least you got out of the garbage can smelling of roses!

Are you still into acting?

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 9:06 am

I want to study it in school (community though for now) starting January.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 11:15 am

I always say this, and I will till the day I die.

Going to Community College, especially if you go on to a 4-year college, is identical to the first 2 years of going to a 4-year college. You take the same courses (especially the "intro" courses). And your credits count the same.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 12:45 pm

I was told that I had "bookish case of OCD", but I do not miss school due to it. I do not remember classes. I had kooky obsessions to about being 15 years old. I had a lot of magical thinking obsessions and compulsions, without insight(?) - I do not know that they are superstitions. I was a kook due to it, I still have kooky thinking, but I do not believe in it. Magical OCD without insight in young Aspie looks sad.

I had also other kookinesses such as "inadequate shame" about having head, having need to consume micronutries (weird thinking, "blatantly bizarre ideas") - I told things such as "I have not head". I do not think about my social reception so much. When I read about McDD (multiple-complex developmental disorder) above 6 years ago, I thought that I can have it. It is often "fruitcakish" disorder which combine traits of autistic spectrum and schizophrenia spectrum. It is weird thing, people with it appear to be "poor" due to large numbers of strange psychiatric symptoms. My symptoms may look bad, but I am good in many things (I can go to the school alone, I wrote my some of my "mature" exams perfectly). My mentality is original in the bad meaning of this word. It is sad that I am so nerdy, kooky and twitty. I need help. I wrote very much about AS and similar condtions.

Girlwithaspergers, do not ignore your OCD. It is serious problem.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm

Wait by "have not head" do you mean that you thought you had been decapitated or do mean that you were feeling guilty about having oral sex with someone? Just letting you know that the confusion is there and you might wish to elaborate. I can't really tell the way you wrote it.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 1:10 pm

Having the head was the source of shame to me. Head was "ugly" to me. It was "idiosyncratic thinking". It is weird, may be hard to describe.

I have fantasies about being black, headless, very powerful being composed from spiky triangles named Megamon. I even prayed (maybe with arithmomania) to be it. It was McDDish and fruitcakish in my opinion. I was nutty when I was younger. I have a hope that anyone has such a symptoms because they are seriously kooky. It is some sort of illness in my opinion.