Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 5:39 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
cant we at least be half way cordial.if I didn't know better I would have thought this was a forum for three year olds first learning to express themselves apropriatley

Are you ignoring all the more civil comments? I see a couple people getting into it a little...everyone else seems to be being perfectly civil though...perhaps focus on the more civil discussion instead of argument. Not disagreeing people should be civil though.
you have not been mean,i honestly have never seen you be rude to anyone.your a highly decent person.

the few rude individuals know who they are,and most posters in this thread are fine

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 5:46 am

alex wrote:
Yeah, we should keep this discussion cordial. . .
im glad someone agrees,i will have to let the webmaster know what good poster you are.wait a minute........... that's right you are the webmaster ha ha ha

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 11:29 am

I believe the use of the "color" spectrum, while not precise, could serve as a good framework for delineating various types of autism.

Visual illustration is very valuable in education.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 11:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe the use of the "color" spectrum, while not precise, could serve as a good framework for delineating various types of autism.

Visual illustration is very valuable in education.
there was an old theory that used the example of an nucleus of an Atom.even more simple to explain

classic autism/kanners syndrome was a planet and aspergers,CDD,retts,PDD-NOS,and many non verbal learning disabilities were moons that orbited the main planet.

I saw this in a book some 15 years ago and I am not saying this theory is right but it is another way to look at things

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2014, 6:56 pm

Jaden wrote:
their last post is only an attempt at this point to start another argument and I've already said I'm done with it.

Ad hominem. How convenient it would be, to simply suggest that others "just want to argue."

Jaden wrote:
He keeps repeating himself
there's no point in responding because like 'moromillas', you'd just be repeating yourself.

Yes, people keep repeating and reiterating different things to you, very patiently, very painstakingly, when they shouldn't have to waste all that time in the first place. The common denominator here, IS YOU, you are the person that others are having to repeat things to, you're the one that thinks everyone is just insulting you.

Jaden wrote:
and ultimately making statements and then denying that they're even statements that need proof (as with the 'default' bull).

I am absolutely gobsmacked by your level of ignorance here, and the sheer temerity needed to take your own opinions as fact. No, it's not "bull", the default position is that people don't have disorders. You can't say to someone "Well, prove to me that you don't have a disorder," that's shifting nonsense.

Jaden wrote:
Again, your analogy of a color spectrum is severely flawed, I suggest you look up what constitutes a color spectrum and how it's put together.
Pure Blue (as pure green) has no other color in it, it's one of the three primary colors and that's precisely why, because you cannot get closer to that color without going into a totally different spectrum of light.
Furthermore, you've totally ignored where I stated that there is a spectrum between the two colors, but once again, each color has it's pure value.

I would politely ask you to stop saying things like this, it's embarrassing. That you've no problem saying this is troubling. We're actually a minority, where others only rarely come into contact with us, and thus one person can represent many. When people see "Pure Blue, also pure green, no other colour, the primary colours, and you can't get closer. There you go, I'm right." along with the tag "Asperger's" it frames all of us in such a poor fashion, people will look at that and think "omg, is that really what they(Aspergians) all think."

Multiple frequencies are either absorbed or reflected by an object. The frequencies that are reflected by the object, is what you pick up with your retina, for the brain to interpret as colour. The multiple frequencies being picked up in different amounts, is why we have such a vast array of different shades of colours.

The vast shades of colour, is a good analogy for the vast variations within the Autistic Spectrum, which yes, extends into the typical population.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 7:46 pm

I have never seen such non fact based arguments with personal attacks to distract the reader from realizing that most of these posts aren't saying anything

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 9:33 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
I have never seen such non fact based arguments with personal attacks to distract the reader from realizing that most of these posts aren't saying anything

I happen to agree at this point, I've made my position clear (whether people understand it or not is irrelevant at this point), and I'm leaving it at that. It's just too bad others can't do the same.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2014, 11:05 pm

Jaden wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

I happen to agree at this point, I've made my position clear (whether people understand it or not is irrelevant at this point), and I'm leaving it at that. It's just too bad others can't do the same.

He said non-fact based with personal attacks. You agree that there shouldn't be personal attacks, after you go on an ad hominem tirade, then say it's everyone else doing personal attacks? Are you kidding? You don't see a contradiction here?

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 11:43 pm

Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

He said non-fact based with personal attacks. You agree that there shouldn't be personal attacks, after you go on an ad hominem tirade, then say it's everyone else doing personal attacks? Are you kidding? You don't see a contradiction here?

And yet again, you're putting words in my mouth and trying to restart an argument that is over. The only time I ever responded in insult is when you insulted me first, and now you're trying to say that I've somehow denied that and contradicted myself, and only in an effort to argue. Grow up, get over it, and move on, instead of making baseless claims about my posts. If you want to discuss the topic, then go discuss the topic, but if all you're going to do is continue your little "let's piss people off" escapade, then fine, but you're making a complete ass of yourself.
I told you and others that I was done with this argument, and I meant it, after this response, I will no longer respond to you, period. Rant and complain all you want, see where it gets you.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2014, 1:27 am

Jaden wrote:
Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

And yet again, you're putting words in my mouth and trying to restart an argument that is over. The only time I ever responded in insult is when you insulted me first, and now you're trying to say that I've somehow denied that and contradicted myself, and only in an effort to argue. Grow up, get over it, and move on, instead of making baseless claims about my posts. If you want to discuss the topic, then go discuss the topic, but if all you're going to do is continue your little "let's piss people off" escapade, then fine, but you're making a complete ass of yourself.
I told you and others that I was done with this argument, and I meant it, after this response, I will no longer respond to you, period. Rant and complain all you want, see where it gets you.

Light's blade, calm down.

This again? No one is insulting you, people can go back, look at the previous posts and see that's not true. Why not try to address some of the points I made, instead of going after me, there's no need for that ad hom here.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 2:17 am

Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

This again? No one is insulting you, people can go back, look at the previous posts and see that's not true. Why not try to address some of the points I made, instead of going after me, there's no need for that ad hom here.

What are you talking about "light's blade"?
Also, you and others here have said that I'm running on 'ignorance' because I've shown that I've researched this topic and have given my opinion as well as the very real facts behind that opinion, which for reasons that are beyond me, are being totally ignored and replaced with heresay and speculation.
Furthermore, I've addressed your points and I could continue to do so ad infinitum and it would yield nothing, and for one simple reason, you're not interested in hearing other people's thoughts about it, you just want to ignore what's being said and then argue pointlessly about it while maintaining that you're correct despite that you have yet to share any evidence to that fact whatsoever.
Lastly, nobody's 'going after you'. I'm responding to your continued participation in a series of comments that you were initially not even a part of until after you addressed me. If you have a problem with the fact I respond to someone who messages me (and misrepresents my messages, I might add), that's your issue, not mine. You've addressed me, i've responded, it's that simple, nothing more, nothing less.
Now, once again, I'm done with this argument. You can either continue to message me and then try to say that my response means I'm 'going after you', or you can let the matter drop like an adult and go on your merry little way. The choice is ultimately yours so I'd think rather hard on it if I were you.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2014, 3:27 am

Jaden wrote:
Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Also, you and others here have said that I'm running on 'ignorance' because I've shown that I've researched this topic and have given my opinion as well as the very real facts behind that opinion, which for reasons that are beyond me, are being totally ignored and replaced with heresay and speculation.
Furthermore, I've addressed your points and I could continue to do so ad infinitum and it would yield nothing, and for one simple reason, you're not interested in hearing other people's thoughts about it, you just want to ignore what's being said and then argue pointlessly about it while maintaining that you're correct despite that you have yet to share any evidence to that fact whatsoever.
Lastly, nobody's 'going after you'. I'm responding to your continued participation in a series of comments that you were initially not even a part of until after you addressed me. If you have a problem with the fact I respond to someone who messages me (and misrepresents my messages, I might add), that's your issue, not mine. You've addressed me, i've responded, it's that simple, nothing more, nothing less.
Now, once again, I'm done with this argument. You can either continue to message me and then try to say that my response means I'm 'going after you', or you can let the matter drop like an adult and go on your merry little way. The choice is ultimately yours so I'd think rather hard on it if I were you.

It's a metaphor, a euphemism of sorts. Before you ask, no it's not an insult.

I've told you before; your evidence is wafer thin, and your opinion, doesn't count. None of those are a viable candidate for fact. Citation needed.

I've explained this one to death as well, the default position is not "bull", I simply have nothing that needs proving.

Yes, yes you did ad hominem, it's right there! Rather than talk about what I'm saying, you're instead attacking my motivations, saying I'm on some sort of escapade to "piss people off", you don't remember that? Before you insinuated that I was just "trolling and out to cause arguments" or some such rot. Or the accusations of insults.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 6:03 am

Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
Moromillas wrote:
Jaden wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

It's a metaphor, a euphemism of sorts. Before you ask, no it's not an insult.

I've told you before; your evidence is wafer thin, and your opinion, doesn't count. None of those are a viable candidate for fact. Citation needed.

I've explained this one to death as well, the default position is not "bull", I simply have nothing that needs proving.

Yes, yes you did ad hominem, it's right there! Rather than talk about what I'm saying, you're instead attacking my motivations, saying I'm on some sort of escapade to "piss people off", you don't remember that? Before you insinuated that I was just "trolling and out to cause arguments" or some such rot. Or the accusations of insults.
you and jaden are so smart,im surprised you guys don't get along.

I hope you guys live somewhere where pots legal now,so you can both smoke a joint and listen to the gratefull dead and learn some peace love and understanding :D