Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 4:42 pm

A few years I go, I used to engage in bulimic behaviour. I was never actually diagnosed, but I had these symptoms for many years and I gradually stopped. To this day, I still have unhelpful thoughts about food and weight, but I don't usually act on them.

But more recently (since I started uni) I put on a lot of weight and my doctor says I'm overweight. I've tried to change my eating habits and do exercise, but I'm worried I'll end up where I was before. I know I want to be healthy regardless of how I look, but I know I won't be if I get obsessed with it.

Should I speak with my GP or see a counsellor or something? I think I still have some unresolved issues with food and I just want it to die so I can get on with my life.

saimand
Raven
Raven

01 Dec 2014, 6:05 pm

I think you should talk to your GP to get you into counselling....I had ED 3 years ago...still have issues with selective eating...this stuff won't go by itself if you reckon you still have unresolved issues regarding food... It's very thin line between losing weight safely/dieting and ED especially if you had one :/ wish you best of luck!

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 12:46 pm

Thank you very much for you advice. I have contacted the counselling service at my university and I'm about to see my GP shortly.