I gave up on girls when I was 13.

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2014, 5:55 pm

CynicalWaffle wrote:
It's a catch-22 because to be confident you need to have been liked anyway.

When you're not liked, you can't gain confidence. Or at least the type of confidence that women like, anyway (social confidence as Boo once put it).

If it's purely "confidence" you possibly can create it yourself. If it's something which requires "experience" then that becomes catch-22.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
Your attitude is that you are FORCED to be alone due to circumstances beyond your control.

I am. I would stand no chance with girls. As I said, I got to many weaknesses. And there is just to many guys out there that are so much better than me in every aspect.

Why should I play a game when I already know the resualt (last by far)? It would be self-torture.

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Dec 2014, 12:06 am

Warning: this post is long, and pretty naively optimistic, but I hope it helps a little! <3

Giving up on girls is like giving up on cats because a kitten scratched you. At thirteen the girls your age are terrifying. But, you wanna know the good news? Most of them grow up.^^ Everybody grows up...er, everybody changes and gains experience as they grow older. If a lot of people are being mean to you, calling you ugly, stupid, ect. It doesn't mean they're right. It means they have more growing to do, and that you should find better people to surround yourself with.

But, anyway, your question. You want to know how to accept that you're an unlovable loser, right? Own it. I know it seems like an odd thing to say, but part of acceptance is taking a good look at who you are as a person. Everyone has weaknesses, sure, but everyone has strengths too. I know it's hard to focus on the positives when you're depressed but that doesn't mean they've magically disappeared.

This is gunna seem a little creeperish...and I apologize, but I've seen your discussions in other parts of the forum. You're not stupid. Maybe you say the wrong things in a conversation, I know I'm fantastic at doing that, but it looks to me like the posts you make here are really well thought out. You care enough to help other members with their troubles. You cared about your cat. People can be gorgeous on the inside. I know I'd rather be with a homely guy who cared, who helped people, who loved his cat, then a model who was too preoccupied with himself and what people could do for him.

There's a positive side to pretty much everything. I'm not going to repeat the advice the others have given you, or their reassurances, but it is valid. I know that self-esteem is kind of like a snowball rolling down a hill. That first push sends it down, and it grows, and it grows, and it grows. It might feel like an avalanche. It might feel like you're being buried alive, that you'll never get out, that you're not worth digging out. The longer you stay there, buried under all the negative things people have said about you, the more it feels like they were right all along. No one is going to come and dig you out. No one is going to magically save you. But you know what? You can dig yourself out. You can own the negatives. They're still a part of you, and you can decide how you perceive them.

Wow, sorry, I got a little poetic there. Haha, anyway, to help illustrate I'll give a quick example. I used to hate my teeth. They're a weird lopsided where they sort of do this slant thing and the left half are lower than the right half. I used to be self-conscious of them, I'd smile because I thought something was funny and then I'd get embarrassed, but then I decided that nothing was gunna keep me from smiling. Now I own my lopsided smile. It's mine, it's slightly mischievous and as lovably imperfect as the rest of me, I smile all the time now.

Accepting isn't resigning yourself to an awful and lonely sort of life. If you want to accept who you are, you need to own it. Once you own it, you might just realize that what you thought you would have to accept maybe isn't that bad after all. Positive thoughts can change everything.<3 Give it a try.

PS: When I'm staring at a guy's lips whether or not they're gay is the last thing on my mind. If it's even there. xD Don't worry about it too much. Girls don't go around with a magical lip reader device, or whatever else we're supposed to use to determine whether people are homosexual or not. Though a device would be very handy.

SIDWULF
Raven
Raven

18 Dec 2014, 9:57 am

Yes, evolution tells us that physical form is very important when selecting for a mate or determining the alpha male. Pre-programmed and unfair (survival of the fittest) that's just how it is. No amount of lying to ourself or others can change the primitive parts of our wiring.

Depending on age there is always time to grow into a more masculine form. You would be surprised how being an adult can change a person physically. If someone can't change their facial features or structure then loosing weight, keeping fit and a new hairstyle, new glasses, wardrobe is what might be needed (you would be impressed how much glasses and hair style can change a person!). If there is still no luck with that one could try seeking out someone at their physical level with the same amount of confidence (someone for everyone).

Thats all the practical advice I can think of right now.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2014, 5:04 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
Warning: this post is long, and pretty naively optimistic, but I hope it helps a little! <3

Giving up on girls is like giving up on cats because a kitten scratched you. At thirteen the girls your age are terrifying. But, you wanna know the good news? Most of them grow up.^^ Everybody grows up...er, everybody changes and gains experience as they grow older. If a lot of people are being mean to you, calling you ugly, stupid, ect. It doesn't mean they're right. It means they have more growing to do, and that you should find better people to surround yourself with.

But, anyway, your question. You want to know how to accept that you're an unlovable loser, right? Own it. I know it seems like an odd thing to say, but part of acceptance is taking a good look at who you are as a person. Everyone has weaknesses, sure, but everyone has strengths too. I know it's hard to focus on the positives when you're depressed but that doesn't mean they've magically disappeared.

This is gunna seem a little creeperish...and I apologize, but I've seen your discussions in other parts of the forum. You're not stupid. Maybe you say the wrong things in a conversation, I know I'm fantastic at doing that, but it looks to me like the posts you make here are really well thought out. You care enough to help other members with their troubles. You cared about your cat. People can be gorgeous on the inside. I know I'd rather be with a homely guy who cared, who helped people, who loved his cat, then a model who was too preoccupied with himself and what people could do for him.

There's a positive side to pretty much everything. I'm not going to repeat the advice the others have given you, or their reassurances, but it is valid. I know that self-esteem is kind of like a snowball rolling down a hill. That first push sends it down, and it grows, and it grows, and it grows. It might feel like an avalanche. It might feel like you're being buried alive, that you'll never get out, that you're not worth digging out. The longer you stay there, buried under all the negative things people have said about you, the more it feels like they were right all along. No one is going to come and dig you out. No one is going to magically save you. But you know what? You can dig yourself out. You can own the negatives. They're still a part of you, and you can decide how you perceive them.

Wow, sorry, I got a little poetic there. Haha, anyway, to help illustrate I'll give a quick example. I used to hate my teeth. They're a weird lopsided where they sort of do this slant thing and the left half are lower than the right half. I used to be self-conscious of them, I'd smile because I thought something was funny and then I'd get embarrassed, but then I decided that nothing was gunna keep me from smiling. Now I own my lopsided smile. It's mine, it's slightly mischievous and as lovably imperfect as the rest of me, I smile all the time now.

Accepting isn't resigning yourself to an awful and lonely sort of life. If you want to accept who you are, you need to own it. Once you own it, you might just realize that what you thought you would have to accept maybe isn't that bad after all. Positive thoughts can change everything.<3 Give it a try.

PS: When I'm staring at a guy's lips whether or not they're gay is the last thing on my mind. If it's even there. xD Don't worry about it too much. Girls don't go around with a magical lip reader device, or whatever else we're supposed to use to determine whether people are homosexual or not. Though a device would be very handy.

I get what you mean, but the thing is that no girl in the world could find me attractive becuse I have so many weaknesses. And I cant fix them.

How do you know that they are not right? Only becuse someone says something "mean" is does not mean they are not right, becuse they are when they are saying it to me. Even me own family is calling me "mean" things, especially my dad and sister.

I have no strenghts.

I am stupied, I dont understand things and im very akward and not good at spelling. Im boring as f**k.

Regarding my lips: my lips are so red that it is impossible to not notice it. People think that I have lipstick.

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
I get what you mean, but the thing is that no girl in the world could find me attractive becuse I have so many weaknesses. And I cant fix them.

How do you know that they are not right? Only becuse someone says something "mean" is does not mean they are not right, becuse they are when they are saying it to me. Even me own family is calling me "mean" things, especially my dad and sister.

I have no strenghts.

I am stupied, I dont understand things and im very akward and not good at spelling. Im boring as f**k.

Regarding my lips: my lips are so red that it is impossible to not notice it. People think that I have lipstick.

Oh, Snow, that's awful of your father and sister. D: But either you don't understand what I mean, or you simply don't want to hear it. It's okay. I hope one day you will, and you'll feel better, and wind up with someone wonderful, and be happy with your life. <3

Weaknesses aren't something you “fix”. I get the desire to problem solve, I get that you want a simple or at least comprehensive solution to all of the things you think are wrong. That's my first reaction too, I understand. But you're not broken. You don't need to be “fixed”. Sure, everybody has things they can improve that they should actively be working to improve. Like I've said: everyone has weaknesses, but everyone has strengths too.

You say you don't have any strengths, but I can see them. They're there. If you won't believe in yourself, at least believe the rest of us when we say good things about you. <3 Even right now we're communicating in what isn't even your native language! You're amazing. Even if your spelling isn't that great, I still think it's impressive, because languages is a strength you have that I don't.

Promise me you'll always remember: You are stronger than you seem, braver than you believe, and smarter than you think. -Christopher Robin <3

PS: I know makeup is “girly” but maybe try a green tinted lip balm? The green tint cancels out the redness. Or maybe use a search engine to see what other guys do about their red lips? You can't be the first guy in the history of ever to worry about how red his lips are.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:28 pm

one of my friends gave up on girls when he was in high school, and to this day, at age 45, he is a virgin, never had a girlfriend

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
one of my friends gave up on girls when he was in high school, and to this day, at age 45, he is a virgin, never had a girlfriend

WantToHaveALife - Your friend gave up on girls in high school and is still single. You gave up on girls at 13 and are still single. I'm sensing a pattern here.

The ball is in your court -- you can stay given up on girls (which makes exceedingly likely you'll remain single) or choose to make an effort with girls (which makes it more likely you'll find a girlfriend, but by no means guarantees it).

Your life, your call.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2015, 6:54 pm

I hear you, man. I really, really do. I've been there, in many ways, I still am. Listen, I'm not gonna insult you by giving you some bs pep talk. We are unfit men, meaning we're the lowest of the low on the social pecking order. Our lot in life is not an easy one.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope there's someone out there... and yeah, deep inside I kinda now it's irrational optimism. But I have to believe it. Otherwise, what's the point, right?

Now as for your personal, obviously I can't help you with ALL of your problems. I mean, I can't even help myself? But I might be able to offer some new insight on you could deal with one of them: namely your virginity.

Now, you and I both know that by the time men turn 23, they're already expected to have at least some sexual experience under their belt. Here's the thing, generally speaking, women are very susceptible to peer pressure and one of the most important criteria they use when evaluating potential mates is how other women respond to them.

This is a fancy and overly long way of saying you're getting to an age where your virginity can actually become a hinderance in your search for a mate (in addition to everything else you mentioned, like being ugly, short, etc.). Now back in the old days, before feminism arrived and f****d everything up, it was customary for boys, when they got to their mid to late teens, to visit... professionals who took their virginity and tought them the basics about pleasuring other women.

Now, I realize this is illegal in most states, and in the likelihood that you live in one of those states, I certainly won't advise it. But there are at least a couple states where it still is legal, Nevada comes to mind. I realize this is not an ideal arrangement, but given your situation, I do think it's the best course of action available.

If nothing else, you'll get rid of the specter of your virginity, that I'm sure by this point has been haunting for years, much like it did me. Again, this is not an ideal arrangement, and you will feel a bit... empty afterward. But the feeling of relief for finally being rid of your virginity easily makes up for it. And you get to give modern feminist society a big, symbolic middle finger. That alone is worth it. :P

I'm sorry I couldn't offer any more help. Cheers. :)

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2015, 7:57 pm

Gauldoth wrote:
I hear you, man. I really, really do. I've been there, in many ways, I still am. Listen, I'm not gonna insult you by giving you some bs pep talk. We are unfit men, meaning we're the lowest of the low on the social pecking order. Our lot in life is not an easy one.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope there's someone out there... and yeah, deep inside I kinda now it's irrational optimism. But I have to believe it. Otherwise, what's the point, right?

Now as for your personal, obviously I can't help you with ALL of your problems. I mean, I can't even help myself? But I might be able to offer some new insight on you could deal with one of them: namely your virginity.

Now, you and I both know that by the time men turn 23, they're already expected to have at least some sexual experience under their belt. Here's the thing, generally speaking, women are very susceptible to peer pressure and one of the most important criteria they use when evaluating potential mates is how other women respond to them.

This is a fancy and overly long way of saying you're getting to an age where your virginity can actually become a hinderance in your search for a mate (in addition to everything else you mentioned, like being ugly, short, etc.). Now back in the old days, before feminism arrived and f****d everything up, it was customary for boys, when they got to their mid to late teens, to visit... professionals who took their virginity and tought them the basics about pleasuring other women.

Now, I realize this is illegal in most states, and in the likelihood that you live in one of those states, I certainly won't advise it. But there are at least a couple states where it still is legal, Nevada comes to mind. I realize this is not an ideal arrangement, but given your situation, I do think it's the best course of action available.

If nothing else, you'll get rid of the specter of your virginity, that I'm sure by this point has been haunting for years, much like it did me. Again, this is not an ideal arrangement, and you will feel a bit... empty afterward. But the feeling of relief for finally being rid of your virginity easily makes up for it. And you get to give modern feminist society a big, symbolic middle finger. That alone is worth it. :P

OMFG no. A million times NO. Besides being illegal (in most states) and beyond exploitative -- just google why women end up in sex work, it'll shatter your heart into a million pieces; while there is the occasional woman who dabbles in sex work because she *wants* to and thinks it's fun, Brooke Magnanti/Belle de Jour-styles, there's no way to ensure you're hiring a genuinely willing, had-other-options-but-CHOSE-sex-work one. Could you live with yourself if the hooker you hired was one who was pimped out for the first time at 14? Or the girl who died sex work solely to feed her drug addiction?

Also, let's say you do lose your virginity to a hooker and a month (or a year or whatever) later meet a girl you click with -- and who likes you back. You're officially dating her and a few weeks later the subject of when/where you lost your virginity comes up.

Do you really, truly think that "I'm a virgin at 27" will go over WORSE than "I paid a hooker for sex at 27"?

Galudoth - What, exactly, makes you a prize of a mate?

Has it occurred to you that the "feminists" who want nothing to do you with you pick up on your Neanderthal views? Or your hostility towards women writ large?

Do you really believe ALL women are so susceptible to "peer pressure"? That no women, none at all, are able to think for themselves and date you... even if their friends think you are unappealing/unattractive?

Have you considered that sound tends to travel faster than light, that being sufficiently creepy (every creep tends to be creepy in their own unique way, so being "memorably" creepy isn't too hard) to a sufficient number of women has resulted in TONS of women where you are avoiding you?

(I live in a city of 4ish million. Creepy's often forever. Creepy + patronized a sex worker = Don't Be That Guy).

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2015, 8:16 pm

Diningroom wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:

OMFG no. A million times NO. Besides being illegal (in most states) and beyond exploitative -- just google why women end up in sex work, it'll shatter your heart into a million pieces; while there is the occasional woman who dabbles in sex work because she *wants* to and thinks it's fun, Brooke Magnanti/Belle de Jour-styles, there's no way to ensure you're hiring a genuinely willing, had-other-options-but-CHOSE-sex-work one. Could you live with yourself if the hooker you hired was one who was pimped out for the first time at 14? Or the girl who died sex work solely to feed her drug addiction?

Also, let's say you do lose your virginity to a hooker and a month (or a year or whatever) later meet a girl you click with -- and who likes you back. You're officially dating her and a few weeks later the subject of when/where you lost your virginity comes up.

Do you really, truly think that "I'm a virgin at 27" will go over WORSE than "I paid a hooker for sex at 27"?

Galudoth - What, exactly, makes you a prize of a mate?

Has it occurred to you that the "feminists" who want nothing to do you with you pick up on your Neanderthal views? Or your hostility towards women writ large?

Do you really believe ALL women are so susceptible to "peer pressure"? That no women, none at all, are able to think for themselves and date you... even if their friends think you are unappealing/unattractive?

Have you considered that sound tends to travel faster than light, that being sufficiently creepy (every creep tends to be creepy in their own unique way, so being "memorably" creepy isn't too hard) to a sufficient number of women has resulted in TONS of women where you are avoiding you?

(I live in a city of 4ish million. Creepy's often forever. Creepy + patronized a sex worker = Don't Be That Guy).

Yes, I can certainly live with the knowledge that I've patronized a sex worker. I've lived with it for over a year, and very well. Mostly because I know that most sex workers aren't crackheads trying to feed their addiction or victims of sex traffic. Because I know that most sex workers get into this line of business for one reason and one reason only: easy money. And I'm sure the OP will be able to live with it as well if he decided to go that route.

I can also tell you that most woman would sooner date a 30-year-old who had previously patronized a sex worker than they would a 30-year-old virgin. As far as sexual experience in men goes, nothing's worse than nothing, OP, remember that.

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2015, 7:43 am

OP - You may wanna consider seeking advice from folks who have been successful in finding a long-term romantic relationship.

Is an older dude who had to *pay* for sex at an older age really someone you wanna take relationship advice from? A role model to emulate?

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

Diningroom wrote:
OP - You may wanna consider seeking advice from folks who have been successful in finding a long-term romantic relationship.

Is an older dude who had to *pay* for sex at an older age really someone you wanna take relationship advice from? A role model to emulate?

"Older dude"? I'm 22, you lummox! And what makes you such an expert?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:44 pm

Diningroom wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

WantToHaveALife - Your friend gave up on girls in high school and is still single. You gave up on girls at 13 and are still single. I'm sensing a pattern here.

The ball is in your court -- you can stay given up on girls (which makes exceedingly likely you'll remain single) or choose to make an effort with girls (which makes it more likely you'll find a girlfriend, but by no means guarantees it).

Your life, your call.

ya, he's 45, i'm like him, never had a girlfriend although i'm much younger being 27

CupidAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2015, 8:42 pm

Gauldoth wrote:

Because being so desperate as to have to PAY FOR SEX, so desperate because no girl will have sex with you because she likes you (or is horny and wants to have sex with you) is better than being a 23 yo virgin?

Um, no.

Paying for sex is basically giving up. Paying for sex to lose your virginity.... is way worse.

If you ever find yourself in a position to have sex with a girl because she likes you, sex that you won't need to pay for, well, she might ask you how you lost your virginity and saying TO A HOOKER... might just send her fleeing!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 3:33 pm

I was a bit slower---only began to get the message that I had no business trying to date at about fifteen or sixteen. Not that my parents had given me permission, so I inferred it from the comments of those who did date, especially girls.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.