Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's Hans!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2014, 5:27 pm

Well, I've returned. I've been on and off from this site throughout multiple times and I'm not sure what to say about it. I remember 4 years ago I was diagnosed as having Asperger syndrome but I really actually have no idea whether that was an accurate diagnosis. Regardless, I've suffered because of it. Specifically, I've been put through special education programs (yuk) and I'm realizing how much it's harmed rather than help me.

Really I've been pondering the ideals of some kind of aspie rights movement, but a completely new one. I'm talking something that is commonly seen with ethnic minorities, gays, and women. I'm tired of no one standing up for us when we're shat on by mainstream society at large.

I could go on with my paranoid delusions, but I choose not to. I have a future goal in starting some kind of movement, a movement of mainstream media that is started and controlled by us, those on the autism spectrum and beyond such as schizophrenia and bipolarism. Rap and hip-hop music, for example, was at one time used to express a lot of positive conscious messages on the plight of black people in urban America (2Pac, Biggie, Nas and many other rappers serve as role models). I'm thinking of "aspie art", something that shows we are human, and we have our own struggles, and we are fighting back.

Have a good day Wrong Planet community

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 10:01 pm

Hey Hans, welcome back. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 6:46 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 12:54 am

when i was 4 i was diagnosed, parents doubted it for the longest time as well. may also have been inaccurate (assessor was a douchebag)
your vision of starting a new movement for the autistic community is very admirable, and hopefully it goes well. even if that can't happen i'm sure existing ones will be willing to welcome another person, and new sets of visions for their cause. :)

welcome to the site!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 11:15 am

Welcome, Hans!

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2014, 11:25 am