Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2014, 3:17 pm

NTs who struggle in school never seem to get swept by the mighty curtain of special education, but when an autistic person struggles in school automatically they're given all the help they needed, even if they don't need it? (I like to call this "equality by inequality")

It doesn't make any sense to me. Certainly those who struggle regardless should be checked on, no? It just makes no sense that somehow I can easily post some of the strongest grades and write some of the best assignments yet the school considers me "learning disabled", but the NT who keeps making dumb statements that can make both aspies and NTs blush never gets swept under the rug.

The education system makes no sense. I'm told to keep to my own when doing assignments and cooperation is bad but outside class the only way of socializing is a specific way that only extrovert NTs can thrive in.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 7:49 pm

I agree with you. It doesn't make sense. Not that it really is meant to make sense. Schools are naturally nonsensical and illogical in structure. With each reform, they twist a bit more. It's like beating a dead horse. The horse isn't going to move no matter how much you beat, except for occasionally a few last twitches in the nerve that encourages more beating. Education is very much dead.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2014, 12:29 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
I agree with you. It doesn't make sense. Not that it really is meant to make sense. Schools are naturally nonsensical and illogical in structure. With each reform, they twist a bit more. It's like beating a dead horse. The horse isn't going to move no matter how much you beat, except for occasionally a few last twitches in the nerve that encourages more beating. Education is very much dead.

Thank you so much, I agree with what you said. The education system has been "reformed" to the point where it's not even an education. Things like Special Ed, IEPs, IDEA, etc are actually part of the trap rather than the solution. The only way to clean up the ungodly apocalyptic mess is to think of education from completely new and fresh angles.