Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

coschristi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2014, 2:48 am

Hi, this is my first post here. I love the name of this site: "wrong planet"..it's brilliant! when I was a little girl I was fixated on having the curtains open at bedtime so that I could watch the sky. I had persistent insomnia and would spend hours just watching and waiting. I shared a room with my NT sister who hated having the curtains open so every night there would be arguing & eventually our mom came up with the rule that on even days the curtains would be shut & odd days; open. one night my mom found me behind the curtains in the middle of the night & asked me why it was so important to me to see the sky. I remember I started to cry & said "because if the curtains are closed how will they find me to take me back home?!"
now, I'm 47 years old & still here. I'm the mom of 11; 7 boys, 4 girls(two sets of twins) from ages 11-28. my youngest is profoundly autistic. I am grandma to 3.
after a lifetime of being on the outside looking in I'm hoping I've found a safe place.
thank you!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 3:45 am

Hey coschristi welcome. :sunny:

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2014, 10:20 am

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 9:22 pm

Welcome to wrong planet :D

SadButRad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2014, 5:13 am

cool hi!

I used to think I was a different species of human because i remember how in preschool everyone thought it was so important to stand in line and I didn't understand why people did this or why the teachers got mad when I decided not to. It's not like I was ordering them to stand there, neither was I running away from school? It just seemed really stupid. Lol...authority...

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)