Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 5 of 34 [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 3:49 am

Oveve - from "oververbal" - "hyperlogism", "NLD profile".
Dehyv, dehyve - form "developmental hyperverbalism" ("NLD profile")
Deria, deriau - from "developmental rigid autism" (high-functioning form of it is something which I called "classic Asperger's")

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 7:56 am

"Onlater" - procrastinator. From "on later" (free translating to Polish is "na później", Polish synonym "napotem" (from the phrase "na potem")).

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 3:31 pm

Duh-bviously--obviously (combination of "duh" and "obviously")
Awkward (verb)--to cause an awkward moment
Worthlessize (verb)--to make someone feel worthless or to devalue someone
Think-about (noun)--someone or something that you think about all the time and are obsessed with but at the same time are terrified of. Very similar to a crush.
Mush (noun)--a mild think-about (so that you're only getting mushed instead of crushed)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 10:10 am

"Dralan", "dralanism" - from "drawing" and "language" - sort of "Aspieness" which I noticed in Polish AS forum characterised by likeness to drawing in childhood and good language skills, also "draver" or "draverism" (from "drawing" and "verbal" (due to good verbal skills)). It has serious social inteptitude and "special interest". I suppose that in Northern America it would be diagnosed as "NVLD", but it appears to be genetic (especially from paternal side?). I observe it also in myself. Two quite young girls appear to have good examples of this sort of "aucorigia". They spoke first words before first steps and had sensory issues. They had good grades in school.

"Catlady syndrome" - this term may spring to my mind after reading about few women with more classic sort of AS, who have above-average intellectual abilities, not bad laanguage skills, probablynot so small problems with theory of mind, serious problems with recognising people and like cats much from which I read. "Catlady syndrome" would be a nickname for high-functioning disorder from "classic" autism spectrum in females.

"Schrödinger's cat syndrome" - a from of PDD in which a person is really intelligent since childhood, but has obvious symptoms of PDD. It is sometimes said that Schrödinger's cat is both alive and dead - people with "Schrödinger's cat syndrome" are both smart (gifted?) and quite clearly "disabled" in some way, so it is not a mild form of "aucorigia". It was written about me on Polish AS forum that "I have to be and should be a Schrödinger's cat fror users of this forum". And a person who has very interesting case of Aspieness has a pseudonym which is somewhat associated with Schrödinger's cat and this person had very high result in intelligence quotient test but has many traits which are serious obstacles in life.

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2015, 11:20 am

nca14 wrote:
I may name types of "acoria" (ACR) as (from first letters of the surnames of descriptors):
- K-ACR (from Leo Kanner) - high-functioning classic autism
- A-ACR (from Hans Asperger) - more classic types of AS, probably related to K-ACR
- R-ACR (from Byron Rourke) - classic "NVLD"
- M-ACR (from Maggie Mamen) - "social "NLD""
- N-ACR - (from Elizabeth Newson) - ACR from "pathological demand avoidance syndrome" spectrum
- C-ACR (from Donald Jay Cohen, who coined the term "multiplex developmental disorder) - ACR from "McDD spectrum"
- E-ACR - (from Leon Eisenberg) - hypothetical type of ACR associated with ADHD

M-ACR appears to fit me the best from them. But I was diagnosed with a PDD (F84.5 in ICD-10).

What is acoria? I like that word, and I feel like I want to give one of my bears that name, but I'd rather not name them after a medical condition.

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

nca14 wrote:
Mos of neologisms "presented" by me in this topic were about "aspieness", especially my subtype of ne(r)diness :)

Ne(r)diness - word playing again. It is about "nerds" and "nedi" (neurodiversity).

Aki - "dimunitive" form of "acoria". Akie - an individual with acoria.

Acoroidia - "acorised" NTness. I suppose that my parents have it.

Polymictoidia - something "weaker", less "bizarre", "disordered" than polymixia. Polymictoidia - very mild acoria. My sister may have it.

*Cue very much vocal stimming*. Thank goodness I'm alone right now, as that would be very awkward to explain.

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2015, 11:46 am

I don't do so much making up words as I do coining new expressions or using unusual expressions. For example, rather than swearing I will either use a very old-fashioned phrase like "shoot a monkey up a tree!!" or coin a totally new one. My favorite swear word of choice is vista. I will often blurt out, "Oh VISTA!! !" where most people would say the F bomb or some other swear. Vista was inspired by the Windows product that was an epic fail. I got the idea for that one after I saw the Mac vs. PC commercial where PC had a buzzer and would blip out whenever Mac said vista. I even use the acronym WTV rather than WTF when I'm talking to good friends who know me and know what I mean. I don't do this so much to be prudish, but I just don't like the sound of classic profanity, so I make my own.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 12:59 pm

Acoria - it is a shortage of the word "aucorigia" (formed from "autocontrast" and "originality") which means "Aspieness" and related conditions (like "NVLD", "SCD") - something that make you "strange" and socially inept since childhood despite lack of intellectual disability. When I formed this "neologism", I did nt know that the word "acoria" just has its meaning: "excessive ingestion of food, not from hunger but due to loss of the sensation of satiety" (http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/acoria). Other shortening of "aucorigia" is "aucory" - it has also six letters (like autism) and has "no meaning" (but only "mine" one).

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2015, 2:21 pm

nca14 wrote:
Acoria - it is a shortage of the word "aucorigia" (formed from "autocontrast" and "originality") which means "Aspieness" and related conditions (like "NVLD", "SCD") - something that make you "strange" and socially inept since childhood despite lack of intellectual disability. When I formed this "neologism", I did nt know that the word "acoria" just has its meaning: "excessive ingestion of food, not from hunger but due to loss of the sensation of satiety" (http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/acoria). Other shortening of "aucorigia" is "aucory" - it has also six letters (like autism) and has "no meaning" (but only "mine" one).

Blast, not a cool name for a teddy bear, lol. I have combined my love of bears with my love of words, so my bears get really cool names...sorta like Acoria. Neither of those two definitions seem like a good idea for naming a bear though. Dang.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 8:19 am

Eneldic, eneldian - associated with "NLD" (nonverbal learning disorder/disability).
Entiness - state of being NT (neurotypical).

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

05 May 2015, 9:11 pm

Good one.

One of my favorite words is ball, and I can use it in very creative ways. I will use the term ballybear as an affectionate name for a cuddly teddy bear or for someone I love. Bally means cuddly, and gives me the urge to "ball" them. That is not what it sounds like. If I ball a teddy bear or an animal or a friend, I give them a bearhug and say BAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL in a high voice. I have no idea why, but it feels good to do that.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 7:04 am

Cat is a sweet, little ball of fur :)

Nemp - blend of nerd and wimp.
Wird - blend of wimp and nerd.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 5:53 am

EUP - abbreviation of the phrase "exceptionally unique person". I think about word play about it - EUPhoria.

AI - abbreviation of the phrase "absolute individuality". Also abbreviation of "artificial intelligence", as it is known.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 10:58 pm

Aucotwook - blend of aucorigia and twookiness. In Polish "aukotłuk". In English "twook" is a neologism which is a blend of twerp and kook and in Polish "tłuk" is a colloquial term meaning something like stupid, inept person.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 3:46 am

Pomism - shortening of "polymictism".

Savantotypy - something similar to savant, one of my names for "classic" ASD. Traits of savantotypy are for example: problems with literal interpretations, difficulties in abstract thinking, needing of sameness, problems with basic theory of mind skills; severe problems with sensory input, serious over-dominance of visual or verbal thinking, apparent scholastic difficulties, weak central coherence, speech delay or lack of it, "insular" skills (islets of abilities). Not all have to be present.

Nerpucotypy - something similar to "nerpook" (nerpook - blend of "nerd", "twerp" and "kook"). I name my condition as "nerpooky". It is not savantotypal, but is in fact problematic despite it. "Nerputia" is "aucotwookiness" (word from blend of aucory, twemp/twerp and kook). "Twookiness" is not savantotypical condition. I may name my condition as "twooky aucory".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 11:58 am

AKTE - abbrevation from "auger" (which may be a word which has the meaning similar to "nerd" and "geek" or blend of "autism" and "aspieness" or shortening of "aucoriger"), "koobo" (blend of "kook" and "bozo"), "twemp" (blend of "twirp" and "wimp"), "eniss" (shortening of "environmental issues"). Aktea - imaginary land where dwellers have AKTE. Aktean - adjective from AKTE, Aktea, akter (an individual with AKTE).