Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 5 of 35 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 35  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 7:04 am

Cat is a sweet, little ball of fur :)

Nemp - blend of nerd and wimp.
Wird - blend of wimp and nerd.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 5:53 am

EUP - abbreviation of the phrase "exceptionally unique person". I think about word play about it - EUPhoria.

AI - abbreviation of the phrase "absolute individuality". Also abbreviation of "artificial intelligence", as it is known.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 10:58 pm

Aucotwook - blend of aucorigia and twookiness. In Polish "aukotłuk". In English "twook" is a neologism which is a blend of twerp and kook and in Polish "tłuk" is a colloquial term meaning something like stupid, inept person.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 3:46 am

Pomism - shortening of "polymictism".

Savantotypy - something similar to savant, one of my names for "classic" ASD. Traits of savantotypy are for example: problems with literal interpretations, difficulties in abstract thinking, needing of sameness, problems with basic theory of mind skills; severe problems with sensory input, serious over-dominance of visual or verbal thinking, apparent scholastic difficulties, weak central coherence, speech delay or lack of it, "insular" skills (islets of abilities). Not all have to be present.

Nerpucotypy - something similar to "nerpook" (nerpook - blend of "nerd", "twerp" and "kook"). I name my condition as "nerpooky". It is not savantotypal, but is in fact problematic despite it. "Nerputia" is "aucotwookiness" (word from blend of aucory, twemp/twerp and kook). "Twookiness" is not savantotypical condition. I may name my condition as "twooky aucory".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 11:58 am

AKTE - abbrevation from "auger" (which may be a word which has the meaning similar to "nerd" and "geek" or blend of "autism" and "aspieness" or shortening of "aucoriger"), "koobo" (blend of "kook" and "bozo"), "twemp" (blend of "twirp" and "wimp"), "eniss" (shortening of "environmental issues"). Aktea - imaginary land where dwellers have AKTE. Aktean - adjective from AKTE, Aktea, akter (an individual with AKTE).

gmboy
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2015, 5:39 pm

I remember my mum telling me how my dad could never understand what I was talking about (aged up to 8 - didn't see so much of my dad after that). I used to make up words, but particularly saying words backwards and "spoonerisms" (swopping first bits of words), e.g. spontaneously thinking aloud how we were in the car approaching the "krap rac"(car park). Just today ( I found myself smiling as I picked up my "bopping shag" (shopping bag) (shag = slang for having sex, for any non-native English speakers) though I didn't spontaneously say it aloud.

I think a recent example of idiosyncratic humour is, upon reading "S & M Pickering" I thought it sounded like a kinky marriage proposal "S&M? Pick a ring!" This is a good example of what goes on in my head, sometimes finding myself amused, but unable to say why - others would probably not appreciate it (going by their previous reactions) especially if they're trying to say something serious..and yet life would be so much duller without my inner entertainment. If I am with someone who knows me well personally, I can usually share the joke. It's the more formal, superficial relationships which are harder and I do my best to suppress my thoughts and reactions.

gmboy
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm

And in secondary school, there was "bar g-raph" (bar graph/bugger off) when frustrated or bored in the maths class.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 3:02 am

I had some agitation last times and wrote in Google "random" neologisms such as "zuntavala", "velnatoko", "unpokedene". They were not found by search engine.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 5:25 am

Another neologisms which were not found in Google: nihtalima, fernaturix, mornucolum, nirbetanum, lurrolen.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 9:38 am

Lurrolen - it was formed from Polish word "urojenia" (delusions).

Other examples of "meaningless" neologisms: sictulamo, vensecoti, urpatonbive, angoplimato, lantobargi, intelavisco, conlibrivo, urdalibe.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 1:39 pm

Another "meaningless" neologisms: galarmena (it might be something surprising that this word was not found by Google), nertovete, urdinolino.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 1:49 pm

"Zembicota" - Google did not found this word. It comes from Polish phrase zęby kota, meaning "cat's teeth".

Neologism from my last posts in this topic can be now found by Google (they occur on this page, which can be found by this search engine).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 12:21 pm

Bizastrosis - state of having very bizarre mentality.

Likeme - someone who is similar to me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 2:21 am

phonetic humor here-
ask somebody [face to face] this- what is a "collideascope"? it's a device for measuring car accidents :)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 8:06 am

Vanonatix, canigasterus, cartonovets. Last word is a modification of the Polish word "kartonowiec", which I "found" in one of a topics in Polish AS forums. This word means "a cat which spends hours in box".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 4:24 pm

when somebody asks you how things are with you, and you're having a tough go of it, you can tell 'em, "things are just peaches and scream." :)