Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 1 of 35 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 12:53 pm

"Aspijeczka" - also very cute word, dimunitive of "Aspijka" (female with AS or similar conditions). "Aspijeczuńka" is even more dimunitive (even to exaggeration :) ) and does not looks so nice for me.

Nelt - blend of "nerd" and "dolt".

Dord - blend of "dolt" and "nerd". I may use them to describe my not so normal mentality :) I do not want to make this word insults. The word "dolt" may be funny... In Polish it means "głupek" (stupid person, "głupek" is even somewhat offensive word).

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2014, 6:08 pm

I feel compelled to create new words and to play with words. My words don't have definite meanings, I just like playing with sounds I like. Most of them surround my mum or my girlfriend or my cat, so I guess they all mean approximately "my loved one" :oops: I keep them private to avoid embarrassment- I am sure that they would not like to think that they are equated in my mind (the cat won't care of course).

The desire to to say these words is like an itch that I have to scratch every so often. The actual words vary quite often. The roots of the words are often parts of the Latin names of genera I learned while studying Palaeontogy (seriously - how geeky can you get :) ) mashed together.

The desire to repeat these words increases as I get more anxious. If I cannot say them out loud I have to write them down.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 3:21 am

I may not know why I form so many neologisms...

Sunetwook - another strange word meaning blend of super nerd and twitty kook.

I named a coyote from Adventure Island video game as "vejac" (from "pajac" which means clown, puppet, jumping jack in Polish). I thought that it was a "pajac". Sometimes it was jumping. I was very interested in this game, I can make "films" about it n my head and listen music from it in my head.

Road sign meaning "road narrows on both sides ahead" was associated in "bottle" in my mind and the road sign meaning "crossroads ahead" was associated in my mind with... my father :)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 11:25 am

Twerd, twird - blend of twerp (twirp) and nerd. I may use it to describe my mentality :)

Holotype - something like "phenotype", but about the whole.

Omnimixia (omni - all and mix - someting which mixes "all") - my name for my deep developmental idiosyncracy which is very "traity" (full of traits), it is a mixture of autisticity, twerpiness, kookiness and neurotypicality.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm

Best Holiday Wishes,

The LINK 'Words with the Biggest Sensory Attraction' may be of interest.
http://origin.wrongplanet.net/forums/vi ... 9#p6190899

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2014, 3:39 pm

Oh yeah I do this stuff all the time even without thinking about it.

Spongebob helped me ALOT to understand how to use my self-proclaimed Aspergers(have not been diagnosed, but I feel 100% that I have this) to my advantage in the things like Neologism, word play, and idiosyncrasies.

I use these things in all forms of writing(poetry, novelty, journaling, lyricaly).

Sometimes I do it during conversation which could often times lead to embarrassment on my end.

But as soon as I feel bad I switch into singing and hopping around to, I suppose, "shake off" the bad thoughts/feelings.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2014, 4:01 pm

Here wrote:
Best Holiday Wishes,

The LINK 'Words with the Biggest Sensory Attraction' may be of interest.
http://origin.wrongplanet.net/forums/vi ... 9#p6190899

Here is a operable link: http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewt ... 5#p6190899

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 4:30 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
I recently started using the term "flat-minds" to refer to neurotypical people, based on the hypothesis that the greater neural synaptic density associated with autism spectrum disorders manifests (or can manifest under the right conditions) as additional cognitive capacity suitable for analytic thought of more dimensions (i.e. variables) than neurotypical minds are capable of.

I like the label because it reverses the typical discourse on autism by describing the neurotypical in terms of what they lack.

Like that one. Fits those in lifts that give me the weirdest looks when I stick my arm or leg out to keep the lift doors open. DH wishes I wouldn't sometime :roll:

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 11:23 am

Some sort of chant about my mentality:

nutty fruity balmy kooky
potty dotty cranky larky

Why in English mentally "not normal" people are often colloquially called "nuts"? It may look somewhat funny. Why "nuts"?

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 3:39 pm

Aucotrophy ("auco" from "autocontrast) - state of having (relatively) low birth weight, not only in "absolute" measurement, but also in comparison to birth length of the newborn. M sister had it mild, I had severe. It may be a PDD trait.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 4:00 am

I like forming new words and names for "Aspieness". "Polymixia" (now it means species of beardfish), meaning "somewhat which mixes many" - some sort of equivalent of terms such as "pervasive developmental disorder" or "multiple-complex developmental disorder" (it is less known term, it appears to be often associated with psychotic traits present in childhood). Polymixia has apparent symptoms in early childhood. Social and emotional problems are most obvious. It appears to have also somatic signs, such as sensory anomalies or perinatal issues. Most cases of so-called NLD appear to be polymixia (PMX). Classic ASDs are another types of PMX.

I may name my PMX as "developmental asthenicity disorder". It differs from classic ASDs. My sister may have (very) mild form of that. It appear to be associated with lowered birth weight and low birth length-weight percentile. My sister was less "asthenic" newborn than me. We had birth weight below average and significantly low birth length-weight percentile (BLWP) despite being born on time and having 10 points in Apgar scale. We have not many problematic traits of "kanneric" spectrum.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 8:51 am

I read that the word "auger" had meaning similar to "geek" or "nerd" in one text... I gave similar meaning to this word (used it to describe my case). "Auger" is literally "świder" in Polish. By elliminating "-de-" in "świder" we have the word "świr" which is colloquial term for mentally unwell person ("crazy", "mad" one) or for "obsessive interest" in Polish. "Auger" might be also viewed as shortening of "aucoriger" or blend of "autism" and "Asperger". "Auger" fits to me well :) It is associated in tendency to abnormal, one-sided conversations (being "very boring", one of synonyms for "bore" in Polish-English dictionary (bab.la) was "auger" and English synonyms for "nudziarz" (colloquially: boring person) were... geek, nerd and bore in bab.la!) and atypical, strong interests.

Other interesting word is "acorn" (oak nut). For me it might look like the result of ellimination "-ia-" in "acorian". "Nut" colloquially means "mad", "crazy" person. I may think that I am nutty. So I am "acorn".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 6:30 am

"Koowit" - blend of "kook" and "twit" ("bizarre-asthenic")

"Auger" - "dysreciprocal-obsessive" syndrome

Koowitauger (strange word) - fusion of koowit and auger (bizarre-asthenic and dysreciprocal-obsessive). I observe it in my case.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 3:45 pm

Developmental asthenicity (syndrome) - I coined it to describe my aucorigia. "Devast" - shortening of the name. Can be associated with devastation. Asthenicity is mainly about "wit" (shortening of "twit" from "koowitauger"). Symptoms of "devast" (asthenicity) are in my case:
- asymmetric hypotrophy on birth (very low birth weight and weight-length percentiles, strong aucotrophy),
- constant, developmental concentration deficit disorder/sluggish cognitive tempo
- supposed mild visual-spatial-motor disorder (NLD)
- poor physical endurance and strength
- maybe attention deficit disorder (symptoms of it may be also caused by "augerism" and CDD/SCT)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 7:19 am

Genont - shortening of "generally not neurotypical"
Genopt - shortening of "generally not psychotypical"
Conont - shortening of "completely not neurotypical"
Conopt - shortening of "completely not psychotypical"

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 12:40 pm

ZROCZA - form Polish "zaburzenie rozwojowe o cechach zespołu Aspergera" (developmental disorder having traits of Asperger syndrome)

SEASCE - social, emotional, activity, somatic, cognitive, environmental (mnemonics for the areas which can be affected by the condition which I called "polymixia" (PMX)).