Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 3 of 34 [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:10 am

Twemp - a sort of blend of twerp and wimp.
Twimt - a sort of blend of twit and wimp.
Kooger - blend of kook and auger or Asperger.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:54 am

Autucure - blend of ("metaphorical" tribes) named Augeri, Tuempi, Cubones and Relveri.

1. Augeri - from "augers" (very boring, obsessive, nerdy ones) or from "aucorigia" or from blend of autism and Asperger
2. Tuempi - from "twemp" ("blend" of "twerp" and "wimp" - means slow, weak one), "tuempi" looks similar to slavic words such as Russian "tupoy" or Polish "tępy" (meaning "dull", "blunt", "stupid")
3. Cubones - from "cubo" (blend of cuckoo and bozo)
4. Relveri - from shortening of "relative versatility".

Autucure may be associated with "curing of autism", "autism culture", "auticulture" (something like "mariculture", "agroculture"?), "automatically cured", for me maybe with "automatically cured autism" :) I observe my "mental condition" and may name it as (an) "autucure".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 12:14 pm

Biwest, biwestra - blend of "bizarre", "weird" and "strange". Interestingly, maybe pleasingly looking words. I may have fantasies about the capital of "Nediland" (Land of Neurodiversity) called "Biwestra".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 3:22 pm

EDODO - from Polish phrase "Europejski Dzień Ochrony Danych Osobowych" ("European Data Protection Day" ("Data Privacy Day"), literally "European Personal Data Protection Day"). It is 28.01.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 2:14 am

Koonerwit - blend of kook, nerd and twit.
Relver - this word also is associated for me with words "religious" and "very", also with "revolver" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver) and Polish word "rower" (bike, bicycle). Relver is for me a sort of "relative pervasive giftedness" which I have.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 3:25 am

homological: an adjective that describes itself perfectly (tiny, unhyphenated, polysyllabic, pentasyllabic, sesquipedalian, unabbreviated, visible)
heterological: an adjective that DOESN'T describe itself (misspelled, abbreviated, monosyllabic, long, invisible, typoed)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 10:22 am

Twook - blend of twit and kook. It is pronounced like Polish word "tłuk" which is pejorative, offensive term meaning "dimwit", "moron".
Tweek - blend of twit and geek.
Twerd - blend of twit and nerd (or better: twerp and nerd).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 2:48 am

RANT - relver, auger, nut, twemp. It has "NT" on the end, but here it does not mean "neurotypical".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 3:31 am

Core - blend of "cogni" and "relver". Cogni (from "cognitive") - set of NT or NT-looking traits such as lack of speech delay, more significant problems with abstract thinking. Relver - relative versatility, such as lack of more marked sensory issues, living in comfortable conditions (no more serious physical health problems, no poverty etc.). "Core" is very helpful feature which I see in my case.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 4:22 am

Strabiza - blend of strange and bizarre. It may look as a name of a town or a princess.
Bizastra - blend of bizarre and strange. It may also look as a name of a town or a princess.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 5:31 pm

nca14 wrote:
Bizastra - blend of bizarre and strange. It may also look as a name of a town or a princess.

I think it would also work to blend bizarre and disaster to make bizaster- a bizarre disaster.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/06/01/10-bizarre-natural-disasters.html

some sample bizasters^^

MathematicalOwl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm

Janissy wrote:
I think it would also work to blend bizarre and disaster to make bizaster- a bizarre disaster.

My new favourite word.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 3:56 am

I may describe my mental condition as "bizastrous", but it is formed from play of the words "bizarre" and "strange", not "bizarre" and "disaster". I have "very atypical" mentality, but I am not so much "disabled" generally, so my condition is not "disastrous".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 6:17 am

nerd + twerp = nerp
nerd + kook = nerook
twerp + kook = twook
nerd + twerp + kook = nerpook (tree letters of this word are present in "nerd", three in "twerp", three in "kook").

"Nerd" does not have to mean someone with above-average intellgence here, but means "person with aucorigia", which is my generalisation of the term "Aspie". May have problems in verbal area. It is for example pure "geek syndrome".

"Kook" is bizarre and whacky and may be on the schizophrenia spectrum. It makes you "potty" and "cranky".

"Twerp" tends to be a "wimp", "space cadet", "sluggard" and have not so good marketable/technical skills. "Twerp syndrome" looks like sort of a blend of ADD, NVLD and SCT. It may easy make you unemployed.

"Nerook" means something like "developmentally "schizoautistic", "schizoaspergian" person". "Nerp" is more "inept" and have less practical "results"/skills than just a "nerd". "Twook" may be characterised colloquially as "nutty dullard". "Nerpook" is most peculiar of them - it means "schizoautistic twit".

I am a nerpook from what I observe :( But very "versatile" one.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 5:35 am

Kotwen - blend of kook, twerp and environmental (issues).
Kotwauenca - blend of kook, twerp, auger/autism/aucorigia, environmental/NT and calming.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 3:07 pm

Wismar - blend of wise and smart.
Comfy - colloquial term for one living in comfort, comfism - condition associated with being a comfy.
Cowism - blend of comfy, wise and smart, "pervasive" "giftedness"
Obsa - blend of obsessiveness and social awkwardness
Twookiness - condition associated with being twerpy (twempy, twitty) and kooky
Twobco - blend of twookiness, obsa and cowism. I have it (and also have/had some environmental issues, such as school mobbing and having "toxic" parents).