Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

virnal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2014, 9:58 pm

Isn't dating on wrongplanet pretty much a mute point? I see several threads with people posting, it seems a lot of people try and get no response.

How many have honestly found anyone on this site?

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 12:49 am

I can't remember the screen names right off hand, but I do know there is one married couple who met off of here.

mfs1013
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2014, 12:59 am

I'm not on here looking for anyone... Most users are too far away from me to even consider traveling

I'm on here looking for answers, tips on how to pursue a relationship without being a total creep IRL

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mfs1013

http://soundcloud.com/DJMFS
http://mixcloud.com/DJMFS

virnal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2014, 1:04 am

mfs1013 wrote:
I'm not on here looking for anyone... Most users are too far away from me to even consider traveling

I'm on here looking for answers, tips on how to pursue a relationship without being a total creep IRL

I am here usually just to try and manage conversation. I hate socializing irl. I don't even want to think of dating right now. I'm out of highschool and not going to college and have a part time job at home. I don't even want to try and think about dating irl right now, or rather I just want someone "like me" to date.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 3:15 am

its not just aspies. I am on other forums and theres always guys posting they are seeking a relationshp or want sex. most forums tend to have a 100 guys to girl ratio. they post and get little or no replies so no real harm. atleast they still have hope in their hearts.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Dec 2014, 7:29 pm

virnal wrote:
Isn't dating on wrongplanet pretty much a mute point? I see several threads with people posting, it seems a lot of people try and get no response.

How many have honestly found anyone on this site?
I found my 2nd GF & 3rd which is my current by making lots of posts in here. I started & posted in lots of threads about problems I had finding someone & what I wanted in a relationship & what I had to offer & what my faults were. I moved across the country to be with my current & I've been living with her two years now. We kind of rushed in to living together but we're doing pretty well together.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm

think you're in the rather tiny minority.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 7:58 pm

sly279 wrote:
Your probably rite unfortunately

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 8:57 pm

I know of one couple who are married, and who met via WrongPlanet.

I know of another couple who are engaged to be married, and who met via WrongPlanet.

virnal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2014, 10:51 pm

All of these comments are not at all what I expected. I feel happy for those who have done well

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 3:01 am

nick007 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Your probably rite unfortunately

just very vew women to men here. and then very few single/wanting a relationship to all women here. then it's even slimer when you consider the type of guy most women including ones here want.

where as a lot of guys here are not that type. then add if they too shy why probably won't message a guy even if they think they might like him. I mean lets say 10ish relationships to the what 100s if not 1000s of guys here isn't exactly hopeful percentage.

grats to the 10ish though. to be fair its a support site not a dating site. so I would think it's to be expected that people won't date here. you wouldn't hook up with girls at AA unless you're a bad person. still 10ish is better compared to gaming forums/topic forums/sex forums, etc.

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2014, 5:59 pm

It can work... at the age of 49 I found my first ever GF here, though by approaching someone posting on the more general threads. It didn't end well and she won't be back here either after being banned for something unrelated to "us". But no experience is wasted and I did learn a few things from it that will stand me in good stead for the future.

Howver, I am happy for the couples that got married or engaged via this place. I'm using OKC, POF and Oasis now but if any Aspergirls aged 25-55 in East Anglia are seeking to date another Aspie, well you know where to find me :)

Oh and the ex showed up on OKC as a potential match! Thanks guys, just what we needed :P

alex
Developer
Developer

13 Dec 2014, 6:01 pm

I know of many people who met on here and are now married.

virnal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm

I'm seeing a lot of unexpected responses. I just saw a lot of cluttered threads with people posting and no to few responses. I haven't tried posting anything on those forums, I mainly come here to try and talk to people. I was just curious that a lot of people tried to find someone for romantic intent, and what the probability was.

I did not expect Mr. Plank to respond either, but this is really cool. I am happy for those who have found people on here. I did not expect such positives responses. I expected a lot of "yeah it's a waste of time, this is a site to meet friends if you're lucky".

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 7:40 pm

I think that most people who end up on relationships from here don't do it through the "singles" threads or that sort of thing. I think that for most, they just post a lot, someone who shares similar views notices them posting a lot and PMs them, and then they connect that way and eventually meet up. I think that the main burden to finding relationships here is geographic distribution more than anything else. Our English friends might have it a bit easier, since England is a relatively small country distance-wise, and there seem to be tons of people from England on this site.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 10:19 pm

alex wrote:
I know of many people who met on here and are now married.
That's good to know. The reason me & my girlfriend aren't married is because we're both disabled & being married would screw up her benefits. It sux how the system penalizes your for being married.