Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Dec 2014, 10:19 pm

alex wrote:
I know of many people who met on here and are now married.
That's good to know. The reason me & my girlfriend aren't married is because we're both disabled & being married would screw up her benefits. It sux how the system penalizes your for being married.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Casstranquility
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2014, 11:41 pm

I'm a little late to post, but I met nick007 here at WrongPlanet, and I am very happy I did. I didn't come here looking for a relationship, I was trying to understand my younger brother better who has Asperger's, and then I discovered that I fit in here, too. I randomly bumped into nick's posts and was intrigued. For a couple of weeks I stalked his recent posts, and then one day, when I was all alone, and I hate being alone, I decided to PM him. I didn't really expect him to respond. And I really expected him to run away when I told him about my issues with depression and anxiety. He didn't, and that's why I fell in love with him. He accepted me, and I accepted him. Our relationship hasn't been easy, but it is worth it. I used to recommend my younger brother come here, that he might just meet someone! I did! Of course, I realized that there are a lot more men than women here, so it might not be so likely for him to find someone as me.
And yes, I would be married to nick007 if it wasn't for the financial situation.

Let us comfort each other, and move tenderly when we are able. Let us hold hands and walk bravely, or fearfully together; for as long as there is Love, there is Hope, that everything will be okay, including the things we say are not.

NerdGeekMom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2014, 8:43 am

I am looking for a Skype relationship with an intellectual and professional.

I am SavantMusic on Match.com and autistictalker on OkCupid.com
37 years young, female, athletic and fit.
Oakland, CA, USA
Seeking men 35-42

Must be college educated, or we won't have what to talk about! I am turned on by people who have wild colorful dreams about their future, and are actively engaged in achieving them. I am asexual.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 12:20 pm

NerdGeekMom wrote:
Must be college educated, or we won't have what to talk about!

The majority of life's best lessons comes from real world experiences, not just from sitting in a desk in a lecture hall. If I were you, I wouldn't disqualify someone just because he doesn't have that slip of paper. Something to think about...

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 4:44 pm

NerdGeekMom wrote:
I am looking for a Skype relationship with an intellectual and professional.

Must be college educated, or we won't have what to talk about!

I hope that you mean a college-level education, because real intellectuals would be repulsed by the fact that you aren't aware that people can become educated without formally attending college.

NerdGeekMom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2014, 4:53 pm

I wrote what works for me. I didn't generalize or say that this is what is true for others. There is no need to point out your differences. I don't tell you that you are naive for getting turned on by purple hair. Can we be mature about this?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 5:07 pm

How would an intellectual tend to respond to politely expressed, relevant, and legitimate criticism? :idea:

NerdGeekMom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2014, 5:08 pm

That questions remains to be answered. I don't mind waiting.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 7:45 am

virnal wrote:
Isn't dating on wrongplanet pretty much a mute point? I see several threads with people posting, it seems a lot of people try and get no response.

How many have honestly found anyone on this site?

I've been here a looooooooooooooooooong time, and in that time, I've seen many people find someone here. About 4 couples off the top of my head.. and dozens more I can't recall the names of.

Then hundreds more I don't even know about. But it's not through those dating threads, it's through interacting and getting to know people on the board.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 8:03 pm

To the OP:

I would imagine that the long distances between members would inhibit a WP relationship.

As for me, I have virtually given up on dating for the meantime. My last (failed) pursuit was over a year ago, and finding anybody, let alone anybody with the same interests (their fanbases are overwhelmingly male, plus many people in my part of the country consider my interests evil), has been nearly impossible.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 8:37 pm

^ yep. though I have found a bunch of women with my interests, but I am deemed not good enough by most women do to me not having some kind of office job? only thing I can think of when it comes to making 22 or more an hour.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 8:41 pm

sly279 wrote:
^ yep. though I have found a bunch of women with my interests, but I am deemed not good enough by most women do to me not having some kind of office job? only thing I can think of when it comes to making 22 or more an hour.

For me, it's that there is nothing in between hipster and religious extremist in the Houston area.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2015, 7:56 pm

Would be interesting to have, but last time I was in an AS/AS relationship, she couldn't let go of the past and cheated on me for a one night stand with her ex.

I want to go back out there, but I'm afraid I'll end up in the hospital after another heartbreak as a result of piled-on stress (work & social related)...

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2015, 9:19 pm

I met a previous partner on a non-dating discussion site. It happens but it rarely happens in response to a guy posting, Hey ladies I'm single....It's usually the result of a couple of people finding each others posts interesting, PM-ing and eventually exchanging personal contact details. I flew half-way around the world to meet the guy I met online and then he moved countries to be with me. So nothing is out of the question. But as I said, it's usually incidental to whatever else is going on.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 9:45 pm

I met my first girlfriend through Tumblr because we happened to be in the same fandom. We reblogged and commented on each others' stuff, then started PMing, then started Skyping and so on and so forth. She lived in New York while I lived in California, but we were able to travel cross-country every now and then to see each other.

Anyhoo, I have faith in the concept of meeting someone through a social website...it's a better chance than through a general dating site. I only joined WP to meet people with the same conditions as myself, but if one of them happens to be a prospective romantic partner, then all the better. I'm not actively looking for it, though.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 11:09 pm

The layout doesn't make sense to me. It would make more sense to have everybody separated by location. From what I saw when I glanced at it, it's just everyone from everywhere posting. You have an Englishman after an Arizonan, and then you have a girl from the Northeast, just as an example, and I may have the order of those three people wrong, but seriously. You could literally comb the entire world for your special someone on there, if you had the patience. Meanwhile, ages and statuses could change.