CIA paid $81 million to two psychologists for torture ideas

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 6:07 pm

DailyMail.co.uk wrote:
...James Mitchell [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Elmer_Mitchell ] and Bruce Jessen [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Jessen ] designed the techniques even though their psychology PhD dissertations were on high blood pressure and family therapy. [...] By the early 2000s the CIA was paying them both $1,800 a day to get what they thought was good intelligence -- followed by the $81 million contract in 2004. [...] Former American Psychological Association President Joseph Dominic Matarazzo owned a one per cent stake in MJA and worked for a subsidiary of the firm called Knowledge Inc....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aking.html

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 8:24 pm

That's great

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 10:14 pm

This isn't really anything new.
The CIA has hired psychologists before for atrocities.

Ewen Cameron - Link

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 12:30 pm

Protogenoi wrote:

Ewen Cameron - Link

Yes. But, the psychologists agreed to do the "work." This shows another example of a complete lack of morals and social ethics among the psychology-cartel class. As if the CIA needed such people in its ranks.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:

Ewen Cameron - Link

Yes. But, the psychologists agreed to do the "work." This shows another example of a complete lack of morals and social ethics among the psychology-cartel class. As if the CIA needed such people in its ranks.

Exactly, many psychologists in America's history have agreed to the "work" in the past.
Dr. Ewen Cameron agreed to work for them and "depatterned" patients.
"The frequent screams of the patients that echoed through the hospital did not deter Cameron or most of his associates in their attempts to depattern their subjects completely."
- John D. Marks
Dr. Ewen Cameron would become the president of the American, Canadian, and the World Psychology Associations after he finished his work.

From 1964 to 1968, the U.S. Army paid $386,486 to professors Albert Kligman and Herbert W. Copelan to perform experiments on optimizing torture.

And there are many others.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 6:19 pm

post likely belongs in politics,religion and philosophy or news and current avents

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 6:40 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
post likely belongs in politics,religion and philosophy or news and current avents

Yep. My mistake. I meant it to go there. Frankly, I believe that there are too darn many subforums.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 3:42 am

AspieUtah wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Yep. My mistake. I meant it to go there. Frankly, I believe that there are too darn many subforums.
hey no sweat,yea there are a lot forums