Is hating authority a sign of Asperger's?

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:52 pm

ICollectWatches wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
I was surprised when my test results from Political Compass indicated that...

The political compass isn't a test. It's a political tool to make you think you are more liberal than you are. It was a precursor to all the click-bait fake tests that now inhabit social media, flattering people into feeling good about themselves, and sharing the "tests".

But it called me authoritarian. If it's wrong, then it's made me think I'm more authoritarian than I really am. But it seems right. When I looked more closely at myself, I realised that I do have a strong authoritarian streak.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 5:14 pm

Hmm.. I don't hate authority, I question them. If their rules or tasks bothers me. Or, most at the time just incase I might make a mistake for not being specific enough.
If they are felt threatened that way, it's either because: They're hiding something or has certain intentions, or thinking I'm against the authority, and they hate being took over/surpassed by someone who isn't 'obedient' enough. I don't see any harm of answering a question, seriously unless... I don't like anyone who doesn't give me a valid reason, authority or not.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 5:18 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Then one day while trying to process an oversize workload, there were a few distractions and I was shaking so much that I couldn't work. Luckily the boss was there at the time, so I showed him my shaking hands and he took the job over and told me to go rest and come back when I felt OK again. He knew of my diagnosis, but I think he'd have done that for anybody.

you were very fortunate indeed, to not have somebody who liked to face-to-face you while screaming and expectorating.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
Then one day while trying to process an oversize workload, there were a few distractions and I was shaking so much that I couldn't work. Luckily the boss was there at the time, so I showed him my shaking hands and he took the job over and told me to go rest and come back when I felt OK again. He knew of my diagnosis, but I think he'd have done that for anybody.

you were very fortunate indeed, to not have somebody who liked to face-to-face you while screaming and expectorating.

Maybe it depends on the workplace. In mine, such overt bullying could have become a disciplinary matter. I never once saw that guy show the slightest trace of anger. He was a Chinese scientist.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 8:53 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:

Maybe it depends on the workplace. In mine, such overt bullying could have become a disciplinary matter. I never once saw that guy show the slightest trace of anger. He was a Chinese scientist.

in the army it was a regular occurrence.

Ryan358
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2014, 4:14 pm

Lobber wrote:
Link to video in question?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBZReXChoA

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2014, 4:18 pm

Depends on how you look at it. Do we naturally hate authority, or is it a reaction to the environment?

It's true that people with Asperger syndrome tend not to "hate" authority, but are rather "resistant" to it, and perhaps skeptical of higher authority. People with AS tend to hate school, for example. This trait is why it's said raising people with AS/autism is more difficult.

On the other hand, I've grown incredibly skeptical of the education system, SpED, etc and their "authority" over me. Whether my AS/autism enhances this, I don't know, but I've grown to hate any kind of authority with implications of oppression.