Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2015, 3:49 am

Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
What if your answer is "I don't know"

So, I was asking advice from a couple of people this week and they said that they don't know why I'm single and there is "nothing wrong" with me. They say I'm not like weird people they know are single, the kind who other people nudge each other about and point at and laugh at the idea of them ever meeting anyone because they either come over weird or are quite frankly ugly.

Ok so I shot myself in the foot when I was younger. I was your pretentious emo type and just too angsty and straight laced about everything and I can see how that wasn't appealing, but now I'm older and have developed into a more liberal person I feel like I've missed the boat. If young me had ended up with someone like how I was back then I would hate them now, so I'm glad I didn't get married when I was younger. That would have been an awful experience.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Your problem is because you're not desperate enough I guess.

You should WHINE!!:lol: - believe me, all WP girls who whined a lot about not having a boyfriends (I can pm you names if you want), got a boyfriend after a short while, call me crazy but it's true lol and it's still happening to nowadays users. Males, that never works for you.

Read this old thread:
http://origin.wrongplanet.net/forums/vi ... p?t=172268

Funny how that works. WP females who whine about being single and even some who whined about still being virgins and not being able to have sex have usually ended up having boyfriends at most a year 2 later. On the hand, WP males who do the same thing get ridiculed on WP for doing it and seem to perpetually remain single.

That's right! It's unfair, it's a double standard, but whining about it clearly does not work. If you are male and you assert your victim status or play the victim olympics game, people(read WOMEN) are going to think you're a loser. Women expect a lot more from men than we men expect from them. A big part of the problem is that women are insecure and they look for things in men that they themselves lack.

The thing to do if you're a guy and you are a virgin is to lie about it. If you manage to sleep with the girl, then afterwards you can admit that she's your first. I also think that men admitting weakness and expressing legitimate grievances really bothers women because they think they're entitled to a monopoly on sympathy and attention. My ex-gf was totally like this.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 4:36 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
What if your answer is "I don't know"

So, I was asking advice from a couple of people this week and they said that they don't know why I'm single and there is "nothing wrong" with me. They say I'm not like weird people they know are single, the kind who other people nudge each other about and point at and laugh at the idea of them ever meeting anyone because they either come over weird or are quite frankly ugly.

Ok so I shot myself in the foot when I was younger. I was your pretentious emo type and just too angsty and straight laced about everything and I can see how that wasn't appealing, but now I'm older and have developed into a more liberal person I feel like I've missed the boat. If young me had ended up with someone like how I was back then I would hate them now, so I'm glad I didn't get married when I was younger. That would have been an awful experience.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Your problem is because you're not desperate enough I guess.

You should WHINE!!:lol: - believe me, all WP girls who whined a lot about not having a boyfriends (I can pm you names if you want), got a boyfriend after a short while, call me crazy but it's true lol and it's still happening to nowadays users. Males, that never works for you.

Read this old thread:
http://origin.wrongplanet.net/forums/vi ... p?t=172268

Funny how that works. WP females who whine about being single and even some who whined about still being virgins and not being able to have sex have usually ended up having boyfriends at most a year 2 later. On the hand, WP males who do the same thing get ridiculed on WP for doing it and seem to perpetually remain single.

That's right! It's unfair, it's a double standard, but whining about it clearly does not work. If you are male and you assert your victim status or play the victim olympics game, people(read WOMEN) are going to think you're a loser. Women expect a lot more from men than we men expect from them. A big part of the problem is that women are insecure and they look for things in men that they themselves lack.

The thing to do if you're a guy and you are a virgin is to lie about it. If you manage to sleep with the girl, then afterwards you can admit that she's your first. I also think that men admitting weakness and expressing legitimate grievances really bothers women because they think they're entitled to a monopoly on sympathy and attention. My ex-gf was totally like this.

That's a bit of an unfair generalisation, don't you think. I was talking about a trend that I noticed on WP, not trying to incite misogyny.

And no, I'm not going to lie about something like that, I don't really care what other people think nor have I ever really played the "victim card". Complaining about being single is not really the same thing as playing "victim", it just means that you're unhappy about being single. Calling yourself a "victim" because of it, on the other hand, is more and indication of entitlement.

CynicalWaffle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2015, 9:16 am

^Doesn't matter.

If a man whines about anything, women will consider him a loser. Even if he has a right to whine. Complaining falls under whining, unfortunately.

And Lazar, I hate to say, is totally right. That's why so many relationships are lopsided. Women do seem to want what they lack from men. I've noticed this myself, and it's a reason why there are many men who will only have their hand as their companion.

It's not misogyny to point this out. It would be misogyny if he said "I hate women for doing that." You have to explicitly mention that you hate women in order for it to be misogyny. It sounded more like frustration at how society is, rather than woman-hate.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm

Jono wrote:

That's a bit of an unfair generalisation, don't you think. I was talking about a trend that I noticed on WP, not trying to incite misogyny.

Well Jono, this trend is hardly unique to WP. In fact, I've observed for the last 10-15 years or so that it is quite pervasive both on internet forums and IRL(in my country, that is. IDK about yours). Keep in mind that WP is crawling with neurotypicals masquerading as Aspies, especially in the Love & Dating forum, because they enjoy trolling us to feel intelligent.

To point out that certain social standards are favorable to women and unfavorable to men is hardly misogyny(the hatred of women). It's just stating the facts. If it's politically incorrect to point that out, too bad.

Quote:
And no, I'm not going to lie about something like that, I don't really care what other people think nor have I ever really played the "victim card". Complaining about being single is not really the same thing as playing "victim", it just means that you're unhappy about being single. Calling yourself a "victim" because of it, on the other hand, is more and indication of entitlement.

Fair enough. And you are absolutely right that calling oneself a "victim" is an indication of entitlement. And for the last 25 years of my life I've encountered so many women calling themselves victims and acting like victims that it's clear that a lot of American women really do have a sense of entitlement. Because really and truly, entitlement is purely a social construct that has no basis in the framework of the external reality in which we live. Saying that someone has a sense of entitlement usually implies that said person presumes to have certain social privileges which society does not allow them to have.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 9:04 pm

[MODERATOR WARNING]

Knock-it-off with the sweeping negative generalizations of the opposite sex.

Thanks.

[MODERATOR WARNING]

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 4:35 am

Where's the sweeping negative generalization?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 5:29 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I already pointed out that Laza_Kaganovich made a sweeping generalisation in his first response to me and he responded with another sweeping generalisation.

Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 7:51 am

So the author is a social being, probably attractive, dating experience, 27, no relationship. How isn't it a red flag? Unless all these people she's dating and screwing around with are genuinely just not the right person for her.. it just screams "I don't know what I want so I use everyone I meet." 27 is an advanced age to be that experienced, single, and not sure what they want.

I'm not one to judge though, I'd be a hypocrite - I'm going on 25 and my dating experience is very limited, but it's my own fault. I don't put myself out there and I don't make any moves to date anyone, ever. (Yay social anxiety!) but, I have a good grasp on what I want from a partner, and I don't have the desire to use someone to try to figure it out, or use someone to fill a void in my life. And to me, it seems like the author, and many others in her situation, probably do. It'd be hard to trust that person and I would want to move slow, but I couldn't see it going anywhere.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 8:38 am

Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I already pointed out that Laza_Kaganovich made a sweeping generalisation in his first response to me and he responded with another sweeping generalisation.

He said nothing wrong, one problem is on this forum, that some users are too sensitives about some gender-related true generalization. As he said, pointing that certain social standards are favorable to women and unfavorable to men is NOT misogyny(the hatred of women) nor vice versa is misandry.

Yes, he's right, women expect from men more than that what men expect from women.

And yes, he's right, women AND men are less likely to show much sympathy toward a guy complaining vs than toward a girl complaining about the same thing - just compare the threads there, I have pointed out in brian's thread how users reacted to him vs how they reacted to a female user who was complaining about the same thing.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 9:02 am

I'm not debating this.

We can either tone dpwn the negative generalizations, or this topic is going in the trash.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 9:13 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Find someone with BPD and lie about your virginity. Girls (or boys, for those who are into that) with BPD spread their legs more easily, particularly if it's "that other" time of the month.

In any case, acting like a victim isn't going to help. Don't listen to any of that bullsh-t on how you "just have to be yourself" and then a girl will magically fall from the sky and land on your d-ck when you least expect it.

Last edited by Kurgan on 29 Jan 2015, 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 9:17 am

^ Kurgan, we have a mod watching with some kind of heavy machine gun eager to use it anytime :lol:....so tone it down.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 9:19 am

But I am still not seeing why saying women expect more from men is seen as negative, generalization maybe, but why negative? Weird.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 4:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Kurgan, we have a mod watching with some kind of heavy machine gun eager to use it anytime :lol:....so tone it down.

Ha! That made me laugh!

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2015, 10:33 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Find someone with BPD and lie about your virginity. Girls (or boys, for those who are into that) with BPD spread their legs more easily, particularly if it's "that other" time of the month.

In any case, acting like a victim isn't going to help. Don't listen to any of that bullsh-t on how you "just have to be yourself" and then a girl will magically fall from the sky and land on your d-ck when you least expect it.

Are you talking about Bipolar or Borderline Personality Disorder? If you're talking about the former, then that behavior is certainly well documented in bipolar people. Now I know very little about men with Borderline as it is wayyyyyyyyyyy more common in women but impulsive behavior and sexual promiscuity are extremely common. But in the case of Borderline, you have to keep in mind that plenty of women with these mental illnesses have A-LOT of sexual experience and if you have none, that is going to be off putting to them. And not necessarily because of an assumption that there's something really repulsive about you that prevents you from getting laid, but because they will have to be a lot more patient with you and give you instructions on what to do in order for them to be satisfied. If you're looking to lose your virginity that does not involve bartering for sex, find someone else who is almost in the same boat.

Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 6:07 am

Kurgan wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

That's really predatory and ableist.. and all around terrible advice :|