Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

GeminiVerses
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2014, 1:30 pm

Hey, guys. How's it going? This is my first time posting in a forum relating to autism spectrum disorders so I really don't know what to expect. I guess I should start by telling you all about myself.

My first name is Louis, I'm 17, and I've known I've had Asperger's syndrome since I was about 8. (I had been diagnosed with autism and ADHD before that, but I'm not sure how accurate those diagnoses were.) While I did go to a specialized school for children with ASDs from the fourth grade to end of middle school, I haven't talked to many Aspies since I went back to public school. There is one friend from those days that I Skype on occasion, and I also go to an autism group on Thursdays every week, though I've been slacking on going there recently.

My interests include animation (Western and as of late, anime, though I'm still new at it), music, literature, movies, martial arts, and psychology.

I hope to have a great experience on these forums!

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 1:50 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 2:01 pm

Hey GeminiVerses welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 3:50 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2014, 12:13 pm

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 11:23 am

Welcome! :)

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 11:44 am

Welcome to the Forums!

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 2:29 pm

I used to go to martial art school for a year and was excellent in it. I loved it and the feeling of freedom and control it gave me, but had to stop because of autistic stomach aches, ugh.

I love music, like many aspies. It soothes and transform me.

You're so lucky to have been diagnosed so early while I only learned age 45. Knowing early is so helpful.

I went to a regular school, but think maybe it would've been better for me to go to school with other aspies. I hate skype. It drives me crazy, that and the phone. That's why God invited the email.