Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 10:13 am

You could go to the source to find out.

Not to Christ, but to the next best thing, which is to St. Paul, and ask him.

St. Paul had to keep his flocks in the early christian communities of the Roman Empire in line.

Make sure they didnt misunderstand doctrine. And he answered questions about marriage in his Letters to the Corinthians in the NT.

According to Paul God would NOT "forbid" marriage exactly. Its just that marriage is pointless and inane. With the one caveat- if you're terminally horny and can't keep your paws off of your gf/bf than by ALL MEANS tie the knot so you can do the nasty within marriage.

But really folks--- this is the First Century AD! We all KNOW that the world is about to come to an end. Christ is gonna come back any second, and launch the Apocalypse. So what's the point of changing your social status in any way? If you're married -don't get divorced. If you're single don't get married. And also (he implies without stating this) that marriage is about things like:raising children, and passing on property. All of the future stuff. We all know that there ain't gonna be a future. So why prepare for it by doing stuff like getting married! The End is niegh!

For some reason Christians have drifted away from this idea, and do get married, and even invoke Christ to sanctify it.

I don't get it.

Just because it's taken Jesus 2000 years longer than Paul thought it would to come back is no excuse!
Keep on holding your breath! And keep on not getting married I say! Jesus could still drop in any second!

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2014, 3:33 pm

aghogday wrote:
IF Jesus existed as real man at that time in history marriage was a requirement and not an option.

This is the case in many modern societies. Especially when it comes to political leaders...

Quote:
Science shows per the limited research that does exist per human sexual nature, that only less than half of human beings, who do include females, are innately MONOGAMOUS.

I'm someone who is, at best, indifferent to the idea of monogamy. I feel very much in a MINORITY here. Since many places, including WP, appear to me to be "planet monogamy". If I'm actually part of the majority of humanity I've certainly seen no evidence of this.

Quote:
But at least marriage, DIVORCE, AND CIRCUMCISION IS an option in TRUE nations that live under the FREEDOM OF GOD aka Mother Nature True, OVERALL, LIKE the good 'ole USA WHERE people at least have a choice when it come to their children and themselves per marriage and divorce,

In terms of circumcision the USA might well be the worst example withing the industrialised world however.