Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 2:49 pm

After more than 32 years in politics, I wanted to describe my AS status publicly to support awareness about and among adults who are living and succeeding with ASDs at different stages of their diagnoses. I worked for the last two months with the magazine publisher to get my disclosure just right because I didn’t want to get it wrong or to distract readers from its broader story. :wink:

Quote:
The month of January will mark the 25th anniversary of the political-action group Utah Stonewall Democrats. The group was founded in 1990 as Gay and Lesbian Utah Democrats by gay political activist David Nelson to affiliate with the Utah Democratic Party and its county parties. […] Remarking about his personal role in founding the group, Nelson said, ‘not bad for an Aspie, huh?’”

QSaltLake
http://www.gaysaltlake.com/news/2014/12 ... years-utah

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)