Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Dwarvyn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2014, 6:45 am

Hi there,

I'm 28, female, and I live in Ontario, Canada.

I am currently employed as a software developer at an insurance company that practically no one in my country has heard of (but it's one of the top 100 companies in the world, top 25 on some lists). I have a common law husband that I've been with for 9ish years.

The guy in my avatar is my dog, Pixel. He's a tri-colour Pembroke Welsh Corgi x Chihuahua. He's about 20 pounds, full of energy, super smart, super respectful, fearless, independent, and one of the reasons I've been able to do anything other than zone out on the computer recently. I'm anxiously awaiting his 11 month birthday in January, since he will be allowed to start agility classes then (we did all three levels of Obedience that our trainer offers - not formal obedience, just basic obedience - and now we're in a novice Rally-O class).

We just bought a house (which is kind of freaking me out, both because of the expense and because of the fact that it's a duplex, and I'm not sure how to deal with renters living in the same building). It happened really quickly (which is also freaking me out); we saw it on a Saturday, put in the offer that afternoon, and the offer was accepted only a couple hours later. We had until today to get the financing and inspection approved, and it looks like we're going to take it. It has a good sized yard, which is important because I want a second dog, but my husband keeps having to remind me that even having one in a seventh-floor apartment (which is where we are right now) is enough work; with the yard, he's acquiesced to let me have a second one. :D

There aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to, especially after work; usually I end up either spending a whole lot of time with my current MMO (Rift right now), or I spend a lot of time working (read: sleeping on the couch) with Pixel. I like to knit/crochet, and write (prose), and write (code), but I never seem to get around to it. I signed up for NaNoWriMo again this year, but didn't get a single word written, and didn't go to any of the write-ins/events.

I'm not sure whether or not I've AS (I didn't get any official paper or anything, and I'm currently agonizing over the ambiguous wording from the Psych; I may have to go back and get a definite answer), but most signs point to yes: going down a list of female symptoms, I check off most-all, and most of the ones I don't check off is because I don't know the answer. The online tests (which I know, are totally legit and official and all that <.<) put me quite confidently in the AS section of scores.

I thought I'd have more time to write this, but I actually have to go get ready for work now. If I think of anything else, I'll add it later.

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Dec 2014, 1:04 pm

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 2:25 pm

Hey Dwarvyn welcome. :sunny: