Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 10:01 am

King Herod might have been secretly involved in a covert war against the Roman Empire:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... paign=1490

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 8:29 pm

I can't let a thread go without being replied too. That's just not right.

The bible doesn't tell me a lot of things. For instance, how to poop, how to tie my shoe, nothing about Aztec civilizations, etc. I guess I am missing the significance of why the bible doesn't tell me about King Herod's secret war? Why should it or should it not be in there?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 8:52 pm

Because so many people think the Bible was written by God and if it isn't in the Bible it simply didn't happen.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 7:19 am

Did you ever point out to them that THEY are not in the Bible, either?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 5:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
Did you ever point out to them that THEY are not in the Bible, either?

"They" in this case are all those wonderful Bible collective who wrote the Bible not to be confused with God.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 5:54 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Because so many people think the Bible was written by God and if it isn't in the Bible it simply didn't happen.
Yep thats how it is in the states esspecially the Bible Belt!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 6:50 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

If this is the bible belt, then it appears to have been castrated, since they don't have southern Florida.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 6:58 pm

Cash__ wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

If this is the bible belt, then it appears to have been castrated, since they don't have southern Florida.

And what does that have to do with this :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:27 am

While those tunnels may have been used by the Jewish rebels against the Romans, I personally have to see more to think that Herod had covertly been involved in a revolution against Rome, as the Emperor Augustus was his benefactor.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:35 am

If those tunnels were there the odds are Herod knew about them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:54 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
If those tunnels were there the odds are Herod knew about them.

Even if he knew about them, I doubt he was the only one who did. The fact remains, Herod was hardly a nationalist or patriot, and he damn well knew he owed his entire position to the Romans. I doubt he was ever going to endanger that standing he had as an ally of Rome, and only answerable to the emperor; after all, the only person Herod ever looked out for was Herod.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 8:35 am

The Bible won’t tell you anything that happened or was discovered in the last two thousand years.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 9:58 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Right thing for the wrong reason.

Not defending Fundamentalism, but I never met a Fundie who claimed that "because the Bible doesnt mention the American continents the American continents don't exist". I have never even meet a Fundie who claimed that "because the Bible doesnt mention the American Continents that the American continents did not exist at the time of the events described in the old and new testaments , even though the American Continents do exist now."

So you're wrong about what "some folks claim".

But its a good attention grabber. King Herod is most famous for his role in the Bible. So if you're claiming that experts have found new stuff about him not mentioned in the Bible- then its fair to imply just that - that there is stuff about him "not mentioned in the Bible".

But King Herod was famous for being a puppet/Quisling of the Romans. Your claiming that he was both Marshal Petain (the puppet ruler picked by the Nazi German occupiers to head Vichy France) AND that he was the French Resistance to the Nazi occupiers at the same time! Stranger things have happened. But that still seems highly unlikely.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:19 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Right thing for the wrong reason.

Not defending Fundamentalism, but I never met a Fundie who claimed that "because the Bible doesnt mention the American continents the American continents don't exist". I have never even meet a Fundie who claimed that "because the Bible doesnt mention the American Continents that the American continents did not exist at the time of the events described in the old and new testaments , even though the American Continents do exist now."

So you're wrong about what "some folks claim".

But its a good attention grabber. King Herod is most famous for his role in the Bible. So if you're claiming that experts have found new stuff about him not mentioned in the Bible- then its fair to imply just that - that there is stuff about him "not mentioned in the Bible".

But King Herod was famous for being a puppet/Quisling of the Romans. Your claiming that he was both Marshal Petain (the puppet ruler picked by the Nazi German occupiers to head Vichy France) AND that he was the French Resistance to the Nazi occupiers at the same time! Stranger things have happened. But that still seems highly unlikely.

That's America but they do take the Bible as the word of God when it pertains to Middle Eastern history.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:21 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Lots of people are stupid. I'm not sure you'll change that.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Harvey
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2014, 4:16 pm

the new testament gospels was created by the caesars, Titus and Vespasian to further enslave the masses.

with the help of josephus, who was of the piso family, created the books known as the apocrypha, to give the jewish slaves of rome a 'glorious' past to be further subdued and romanized during roman occupation and conquest

paul, or saul , or apollos, a herodian, and master builder (pre-masonic order, traced to babylon - nimrod) created the other parts of the 'new testament'

jesus is a combination of confucius, zeus, thor, mithra and a few others more ancient religious 'son of god' types, to further enslave israel, integrate their religious form into the greco-roman religious multi-god system.

Just as the name of the Father, it is not the tetragrammation either, comes from Egypt and Canaan, to around the 13th century BCE, for the consort (or wife) of the tetragrammation (which is baal-peor), is asteroth

Repay laughter
with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal