Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2014, 10:50 am

So Autism Speaks finally decided to acknowledge the #FreeNeli controversy, heres the link: Autism Speaks Letter About #FreeNeli. Autism Speaks once again fails the community, they choose to ignore the fact that Mr. Latson was aggravated by the police and tried to remove himself from the situation. They also recommend psychiatric care and ignore the fact that the only reason why he would need psychiatric care would be because of what our disgusting excuse for a society did to him by locking him in solitary. Original Story

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 1:54 pm

The first problem I see is that they completely ignore the race issue. It's comforting to think this is a post-racial society, but that's ignoring reality. White people are generally able to wait for a library to open without being considered suspicious.

Also, this is the most pretentious letter I've ever seen. I'm not sure which is more pretentious addressing a Governor by his first name in the salutation or saying they speak on behalf of the entire autistic community.

I think he does need some form of treatment since he is suicidal, but no prison beyond that. He's been punished enough.

This isn't about making autism an excuse for criminality. I think solitary confinement for him was more than retribution for anything he may have done.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 8:56 am

Why are you surprised with A$? This is an adult and who supposedly assaulted a cop. When has A$ done anything for grown Autistics? Bonus round, a non moneyed minority. No spin. No upside there.

Frankly, I'm surprised the man was gunned down during the struggle by the police.

A$ biggest deal is fund raising using cute pictures of little kids and weeping parents. The fact they even responded is amazing.

You have no clue how many people are rotten in jail for similar situations like this. I hope someone drops the charges so he can get out of jail. He didn't deserve this.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 10:48 am

I found the letter to be diplomatic and reasonable. I hope the governor listens.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2014, 11:30 am

androbot01 wrote:
I found the letter to be diplomatic and reasonable. I hope the governor listens.

Good point, they probably won't listen though but still. They should've at least pointed out that the man needs psychological treatment because he was thrown in solitary, ya know guilt trip them a little.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 11:32 am

"Guilt-Trip" a politician?! !

You would first have to find one with a conscience ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 7:58 pm

TheWadeSmellbringer wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Good point, they probably won't listen though but still. They should've at least pointed out that the man needs psychological treatment because he was thrown in solitary, ya know guilt trip them a little.

That's not what the Wrights believe, they think he needs it because of being an autistic degenerate.