Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

_misfit_
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm

I have recently rejoined Wrongplanet and I believe an introduction is in order. I used to visit here from time to time using another username, but I wasn't very active and I couldn't revive my account after many years of inactivity and frankly I don't care a lot. I might as well start a new one.

I'm male, in my late twenties and I live in Finland. I have strong reasons to believe I have Asperger's syndrome and I'm about to start the process of getting the diagnosis.Several Internet tests suggest that I have AS. I don't really know what I'm getting myself into to be honest. It may help or it may harm to be labeled, I have no idea.

I'm here because I'm hoping to connect with other people with AS if possible. To tell the truth I feel very isolated, I have friends, but most of them are "normal" and some are just plain crazy, but not many are aspies anyway. I have only one friend with the diagnosis.

I'm obsessed with history and I love languages. I have studied Latin, Gaelic and whatnot just for fun.

Oh, and I apologize for my bad English.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 10:26 pm

Welcome to the site! :D

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 12:36 am

Hey _misfit_ welcome. :sunny:

_misfit_
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Dec 2014, 8:15 am

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 5:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

_misfit_
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Dec 2014, 11:00 pm

Thanks!

Fane7545
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2014, 11:42 pm

Hi! I like history and languages, too! I'm only learning German right now, but I am majoring in Linguistics. I'm reading the journal of a Hessian mercenary right now. I'm new to reading about military history, though (I started because it's related to my main interest, creating fiction), and I have some stupid questions that would probably get people in history forums annoyed at me...

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 11:43 pm

welcome to the club, misfit!! 8)

i like languages myself, linguistics is pretty intredasting. currently working on a conlang, i know english and spanish and took a intro course of italiano. wanna learn hebrew.

finland is cool in my californian eyes. i can count in finnish a little bit.

enjoy your stay!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

_misfit_
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Dec 2014, 6:38 pm

Fane7545 wrote:
Hi! I like history and languages, too! I'm only learning German right now, but I am majoring in Linguistics. I'm reading the journal of a Hessian mercenary right now. I'm new to reading about military history, though (I started because it's related to my main interest, creating fiction), and I have some stupid questions that would probably get people in history forums annoyed at me...

I learnt German at school. It's a very fascinating language and it has changed relatively little over time compared to for example English, but it has changed a lot compared to Icelandic which is very, very similar to Old Norse. If you know German then it's also easy to learn for example Old English. I tried to learn Old Norse too, it went fairly well but there aren't a lot of people who would talk Old Norse with me so I never learnt to speak it fluently. I want to read the Hessian's journal too...What is it called?

_misfit_
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
welcome to the club, misfit!! 8)

i like languages myself, linguistics is pretty intredasting. currently working on a conlang, i know english and spanish and took a intro course of italiano. wanna learn hebrew.

finland is cool in my californian eyes. i can count in finnish a little bit.

enjoy your stay!

Spanish rocks! I know a few words here and there but would quickly get lost in any conversation. Finland is OK i guess. A bit too dark perhaps, I would prefer more sunlight.