I wonder does God forgive atheist after their death...

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2014, 9:57 am

I would be cautious about saying "never," since the Bolsheviks and their like were pretty violent. Then again, the oppressive Czarist regimes and corrupted royal families they replaced were downright savage, and much as Cuba's current government is panned by their critics, Batista's government was basically just a Mafia-controlled mobster paradise. Marxism has had its excesses. Presently, though, most of the ex-communist states are not only religious but extremely conservative, on social issues.

What has been very successful at promoting human rights, on the other hand, is western humanism. It's our hidden cult. Like with Taoism, you can be both religious and a humanist, but the majority of publicly avowed western atheists (and "agnostics") are basically just exclusive humanists. To say that they are "non-religious" bears the assumption that humanism is a "philosophy" rather than a religion, but we are no less religious than any Taoist. We follow the ancient Stoics in championing social equality, and we follow the Platonists in standing up for truth. We follow Democritus, Epicurus, Diogenes of Sinope, Xenophanes, Aristotle and Avicenna, Geber, and Averrhoes. Many of us follow also the philosophies of Confucius, Laozi and Buddha.

And some of us even go so far as to explore such ancient schools of thought as Charvak, or we delve into secular interpretations of yoga. I have experimented successfully with tummo, and I have used jala neti for years when needed.

Essentially, I think that even many western humanists fail to truly grasp how organized their system of thought really is. We call ourselves "freethinkers," but our sages are powerful in how we form our way of thinking. The difference with us is that we are not a dead system of thought preserved like a fossil specimen, but we are expected to challenge and differ with the giants of the past, for to do otherwise is to betray what they really stood for, which is the pursuit of new ideas and a grander, more complete truth.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 1:50 pm

God(s) can't possibly forgive atheists at any point. Nonexistent entities can't act.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:28 pm

One factor that is rarely, if ever, mentioned in this discussion is that while the one extreme per FUNDIE religious folks TEND TO anthropomorphize the existence of GOD, so does the other EXTREME per atheists in OPINION PER ANTHROPOMORPHIZING THE NON-EXISTENCE of god AS WELL.

SOME FUNDIES DO IT WITH HUMAN MADE RELIGIOUS Myths and when it comes to at least SOME ATHEISTS they do it with science made myths, which truly are in the grander scheme of reality one and THE SAME.

BUT THANK 'GOD' tHere is 'hope' AND Quantum physics is finally determining that there is NO FULLY logical reality:

AFTER ALL IS SAID in abstract constructs of human being tongue AND action of not even understanding THEIR OWN HUMAN NATURE IN EFFECTING AND AFFECTING simple animal homeostasis that MOST ANIMALS enjoy, without ever having access to complex abstract language OR THE ILLUSIONS OF CULTURE.

Yeah, that's the stuff that eastern religions/philosophies TRY TO DO, TO BRING BACK HUMANS TO THE REALITY THAT THEY ARE NOT ticks that FULLY know the PAST AND FUTURE inner and outer working of the DOG AND OR GOD THAT THEY DEPEND ON for the nourishing blood of life.

As far as what's gonna happen tomorrow or yesterday it's all an illusion as all there IS .. is NOW.

GOD IS NOW.

It's as simple as that.

It answers THE question

FOR
NOW IS GOD.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick