Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm

"O People, if you should be in doubt about the Resurrection, then [consider that] indeed, We created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a clinging clot, and then from a lump of flesh, formed and unformed - that We may show you. And We settle in the wombs whom We will for a specified term, then We bring you out as a child, and then [We develop you] that you may reach your [time of] maturity. And among you is he who is taken in [early] death, and among you is he who is returned to the most decrepit [old] age so that he knows, after [once having] knowledge, nothing. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down upon it rain, it quivers and swells and grows [something] of every beautiful kind. That is because Allah is the Truth and because He gives life to the dead and because He is over all things competen. And [that they may know] that the Hour is coming - no doubt about it - and that Allah will resurrect those in the graves." (Quran)

"And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay (Adam)
Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging.
Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh], and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh; then We developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah , the best of creators.
Then indeed, after that you are to die.
Then indeed you, on the Day of Resurrection, will be resurrected.
And We have created above you seven layered heavens, and never have We been of [Our] creation unaware.
And We have sent down rain from the sky in a measured amount and settled it in the earth. And indeed, We are Able to take it away. And We brought forth for you thereby gardens of palm trees and grapevines in which for you are abundant fruits and from which you eat." (Quran)

This was proven to be true in scientific terms in this centruy but Allah shows us how he created us with science "that we may show you". So we all know.

Quran Chaper (The resurrection)

1. I swear by the Day of Resurrection;

2. And I swear by the self-reproaching person (a believer).

3. Does man (a disbeliever) think that We shall not assemble his bones?

4. Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers.

5. Nay! (Man denies Resurrection and Reckoning. So) he desires to continue committing sins.

6. He asks: "When will be this Day of Resurrection?"

7. So, when the sight shall be dazed,

8. And the moon will be eclipsed,

9. And the sun and moon will be joined together (by going one into the other or folded up or deprived of their light, etc.)

10. On that Day man will say: "Where (is the refuge) to flee?"

11. No! There is no refuge!

12. Unto your Lord (Alone) will be the place of rest that Day.

13. On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward (of his evil or good deeds), and what he left behind (of his good or evil traditions).

Read the rest http://www.noblequran.com/translation/surah75.html

Last edited by azaam on 23 Dec 2014, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 8:37 pm

Superstitious nonsense. ^^^

Religion is not evidence, and faith proves nothing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2014, 8:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
Superstitious nonsense. ^^^

Religion is not evidence, and faith proves nothing.

Don't do you worship science. How is superstitious. Ill show you science 1400 years ago.

"And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay (Adam)
Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging.
Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh], and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh; then We developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah , the best of creators.
Then indeed, after that you are to die.
Then indeed you, on the Day of Resurrection, will be resurrected.
And We have created above you seven layered heavens, and never have We been of [Our] creation unaware.
And We have sent down rain from the sky in a measured amount and settled it in the earth. And indeed, We are Able to take it away. And We brought forth for you thereby gardens of palm trees and grapevines in which for you are abundant fruits and from which you eat." (Quran)

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 9:15 pm

By academic I presume you are using the second definition according to the Oxford dictionary

2. Not of practical relevance; of only theoretical interest:
the debate has been largely academic

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 11:48 pm

Before I talk about content I am going to talk about style. Your audience (us here on WP) can't even decifer WTF you're talking about because of the odd way you're framing this. Know your audience please.

I am going to try to help you-to help me- understand WTF you're talking about.

First -the title of the thread is a confusing to Westerners.

When a Westerner sees the title of this thread:"academic evidence of a resurrection" a Westerner assumes that you're talking about 'extra Biblical' ("academic") evidence for THE Resurrection. THE Resurrection being that of Christ. Which would be an odd thing for WP member who is known to be a Muslim to be posting about. Why is a militant muslim suddenly becoming an evangelical Christian- and trying to sell us on the divinity of Christ?

It sounds like you're saying "here is a scholar who found an ancient Roman newspaper account of Christ's ressurection".

But apparently (a) you're not talking about Christ at all, but (b) you ARE talking about the future judgment day when everyone will be resurrected..

Not an expert on the Koran, but I know it came later- and that it selectively builds upon the Old and New Testaments.

From what you are saying here apparently the Koran is similar to the New Testament in its belief in a future end time, and day of judgement, when the righteous will all be resurrected. The Koran ditches the New Testament idea that Christ was resurrected, but retains the notion that everyone by the millions will be resurrected at some future date.

Is that a correct interpretation of what you're saying?

Further-you're saying that you not only believe in this future day of resurrection, but that you have PROOF it will happen. And that this 'proof' is "academic". By "academic" I would assume that you mean some external secular source (archeology? Science? historians finding sources outside the bible/koran to corroborate the bible or the koran?).

If that is indeed what you are trying to say then...drop the other shoe! Where is this proof?

You seemed to be saying "both the New Testament and the Koran say that there will be a future day of judgment", and they are both right, and I have sources/evidence from outside of both scriptures to prove it".

But then you don't deliver on the promise.

The the only 'evidence' you give us is proof of the story-FROM the story itsself. Proving the Koran FROM the Koran. You just give us circular reasoning.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 1:11 am

We have several posters on this forum who believe in religious "self evident truths" I suspect Azaam sees the qur'an as self evidently true and therefore proof. Rather silly, and as I have stated to another of these "self evident" truthers debating with them is an exercise in abject futility.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:32 am

God uses his jizz in creation? I don't mean to sound flippant, but while I fancy myself a Christian, I don't even accept a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation account.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 4:31 am

Verses from a religious book are not evidence.
And if you have to talk yourself into it with a liturgy then it's a false confidence.

Try the ten commandments
Try the 4 noble truths and the noble 8-fold path

Philosophy elevated to a spiritual level is nothing more than a human construct.
AND... there are many of them.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Dec 2014, 8:18 pm

My meaning of a academic evidence means evidence that is studied using our academics knowledge, basically I meant educational instructional knowledge. Because everyone wants physical evidence that they can visualize to believe but God has sent reveleations and instructions so we understand what is most reasonable to understand the reality and purpose of life. The quran is only a guidance for people who are truthseekers and want guidance and instructions from God. It won't appeal to the arrogance and desires of men.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 8:57 pm

You can't convince people with verses from a holy book unless they already believe it is a message from God. I could post verses from another religion and we'd have a stalemate.
And Odin really exists btw, there is evidence: there are several towns named after Him, and even one of the days of the week (Wednesday).