Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 3:20 pm

...the Earth has finite resources.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Dec 2014, 5:40 pm

I believe in Islam, because I have met many Muslims, heard about many more, and seen copies of the Qu'ran.

I don't see how someone can dispute that Islam exists.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm

I think he meant that he doesn't believe in the Muslim religion: Its theology

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 6:34 pm

tomato wrote:

For all intents and purposes, only some resources are finite.
As long as the sun is shining, many resources are renewed, either naturally or through ingenuity.
We have finite capacity though. Renewal can only keep up if the rate of renewal exceeds its consumption.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm

tomato wrote:

Ok. You win. I cant guess WTF you're talking about.

So... what does the religion of Islam have to do with nonconservation of resources?

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 5:30 am

naturalplastic wrote:
tomato wrote:

So... what does the religion of Islam have to do with nonconservation of resources?
When I have read about Islam my impression is that it is a materialist philosophy. It is similar to Nazism and right-wing politics in general in its world-view. Which I definitely see many good points in. It's just that in my view all those ideologies have a form of doublethink where on the one hand they're desperately trying to cling onto that which is known, and which one fears losing, while at the same time promoting more or less the same basic destruction as one claims to be against. Its like there is a dimension that's missing. I do think however that quite possibly Islam serves a purpose and is right for one part of humanity. But it can't possibly be the right way for all humanity, it makes no sense. Islam makes sense to be applied to those at the base of the pyramid, but not for those who have risen to a certain level. I elaborated on this in my native language, more or less wrote an essay that nobody cared about. I haven't translated it. But anyway, this is just my current working hypothesis. I'm certainly open to the possibility that there are some metaphysical dimensions of this that I have overlooked or am unaware of, that will nullify my whole working hypothesis. But at least I have a working hypothesis, that I use in my further search.

eleventhirtytwo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Dec 2014, 7:56 am

tomato wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
tomato wrote:

When I have read about Islam my impression is that it is a materialist philosophy. It is similar to Nazism and right-wing politics in general in its world-view. Which I definitely see many good points in. It's just that in my view all those ideologies have a form of doublethink where on the one hand they're desperately trying to cling onto that which is known, and which one fears losing, while at the same time promoting more or less the same basic destruction as one claims to be against. Its like there is a dimension that's missing. I do think however that quite possibly Islam serves a purpose and is right for one part of humanity. But it can't possibly be the right way for all humanity, it makes no sense. Islam makes sense to be applied to those at the base of the pyramid, but not for those who have risen to a certain level. I elaborated on this in my native language, more or less wrote an essay that nobody cared about. I haven't translated it. But anyway, this is just my current working hypothesis. I'm certainly open to the possibility that there are some metaphysical dimensions of this that I have overlooked or am unaware of, that will nullify my whole working hypothesis. But at least I have a working hypothesis, that I use in my further search.

Depends what strand of Islam... Wahhabism could be compared to Nazism, but Quranists like me are often rather liberally biased. Have you read the Quran or just secondary opinions of it?

22, entrepreneurial and diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, OCD and Tourettes. Also have problems with Anxiety, and more recently depression, although I seem to returning to my optimistic self =)

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 8:20 am

eleventhirtytwo wrote:
tomato wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
tomato wrote:

Depends what strand of Islam... Wahhabism could be compared to Nazism, but Quranists like me are often rather liberally biased. Have you read the Quran or just secondary opinions of it?
I am reading the Quran now, have thus not read the entirety of it yet. I have also listened to lectures, attended meetings etc.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 8:58 am

no one can fly to the moon on a horse.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 9:03 am

Dishes can't run away with spoons