Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 7:28 pm

The only solution to the problem of evil and suffering is to posit that humans are in fact "dismembered" elements of God. If god is all powerful evil and suffering cannot exist. The only way to reconcile this is to consider mankind to be extensions of the divine. We are matter bound and stunted, and never realise that the atoms of our brain are entangled with particles a galaxy away, the notion of a human fixed in time and space is produced largely by the workings of the monkey brain still reeling from the arrival of the opposable thumb and pining for the appendix.

Basic argument: Man is himself god at war with himself.
Evil and good thus represent two equal and opposed forces
All religions recognise the importance of the purification/annhilation of the ego and self. One could recognise this as the crawling human consciousness being transfigured

Nothing new here elements of Hinduism and Zoroastrianism. Let's discuss

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm

We have to reflect and correct our own shortcomings, individually.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 9:11 pm

Our fates do not lie within the stars, but within ourselves.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 1:07 am

Ectryon wrote:
The only solution to the problem of evil and suffering is to posit that humans are in fact "dismembered" elements of God.

Nope.. it's not the only solution.

If you look at the natural world, there is no evil. There is an order to all the species. Humans have learned how to manipulate the natural order to create evil and suffering. How did this come about?

Many animals have a simple notion of territory and possession. Humans have very complex notions of territory and possession. And we have very complex ways of taking and holding territory and possession. That sophisticated complexity can seem supernatural to the point that we think a super-agent must be involved.

So what's the solution? I'm not sure there is one. Just because we're more intelligent doesn't mean we're any less driven by the law of the jungle. Civility is a thin veneer which hides our connection with the rest of the natural world.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.