Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 1:05 am

According to science we are primates the genetic data the observable behavior between humans and primates seems to match up as well as the fossil record including our posaeble thumbs. On the bibles description we are made of dirt and ribs and supposed to be god like beings the religious side does not seem to hold any water!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:22 pm

Primates or God like beings? Humans are both primates and god like beings at the same time. Primates are god like beings.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:51 pm

Primates. There's nothing divine about us.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:55 pm

We are hominids, the only existing members of the Hominin Clade, a branch of the Great Apes.

Thus, we are Primates.

God-like beings? That is a theological matter, which has nothing to do with Science.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 7:31 pm

Since we created God in Our image, hard to say.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 7:56 pm

Seeing God acts like a primate, I will answer 'yes'.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 8:03 pm

seaturtleisland wrote:
Primates or God like beings? Humans are both primates and god like beings at the same time. Primates are god like beings.

Were Catholic primates!

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 8:28 pm

Humans are primates who think they are gods.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 9:09 pm

our most basic needs really aren't different from any other primates - or animals in general.

there's nothing spiritually divine or holy about us, but somehow we've conquered the planet.

one can say that our innate curiosity sets us apart from Other Creatures, but Other Creatures are curious as well, to varying degrees.
i know that my hamsters look around everywhere when i play with them, poking their little noses in their surroundings, but they could be simply looking for food.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 9:52 pm

Some are closer to primates than others.

:P

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 10:21 pm

A bunch of +'s to several posts above.

We have all the affectations of primates, though concealed like clothing by our civility.
We have evolved to be more complex than our cousins, which makes us look like gods.
And our greater intellectual capacity allows us project even greater things, such as the notion of gods.
I wonder if dolphins have such thoughts.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 10:25 pm

My cat is GOD and as Whitman says, in other words, so are leaves of grass.....

And in hugging the grass on a full moon night, my Cat hugs GOD under the LIGHT of GOD....

So yeah, primates are GOD too.

Separation IS the 'grandest' of ALL ILLUSIONS PROMOTED BY Human abstract concepts in HUMAN written recorded collective so called STANDARD IQ LEANING intelligence through the abstract tool of human language through complex human cultures by the 'smartest' of all animals who NOW CAN AND DO effectively and AFFECTIVELY separate his and or her self from GOD aka Mother Nature True.

SO YEAH, my cat IS born TRULY smart in this way, and humans overall, are YET TO CATCH 'BACK' BEFORE that Apple thingy in A so-called living Bible.

SO OKAY, overall, primates in the wild are obviously more like GOD AKA MOTHER NATURE TRUE than humans, simply as they are wild and free and not CHAINED (BRAIN WASHED) to illusions of abstract language, collective so-called standard intelligence, and complex CRAZY cultures, where insanity is the norm, and living truly wild and free in what Humans used to do before that apple thingy, is what is KNOWN AS CRAZY IN ILLUSORY LIFE OF CULTURE AS IS. :)

Einstein had this figured out, TOO, but he for one2, was NOT AFRAID TO STICK HIS TONGUE OUT AT THE ILLUSIONS OF HUMANS EITHER. :P

Butt no, I do not use my tongue. ;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 10:39 pm

aghogday wrote:
... through complex human cultures by the 'smartest' of all animals who NOW CAN AND DO effectively and AFFECTIVELY separate his and or her self from GOD aka Mother Nature True.

SO OKAY, overall, primates in the wild are obviously more like GOD AKA MOTHER NATURE TRUE than humans, simply as they are wild and free and not CHAINED (BRAIN WASHED) to illusions of abstract language....

There is an argument that our human nature is in line with nature because we act as we have evolved to act. We are as destructive as an epidemic, which is also natural. We are kings of our domain, just as lions are kings of theirs. We use our brains and our tools, just as primates and other creatures do. Our complexity is just a higher level of function for a natural organism.

What we have not yet reached is a balance. There are signs in anthropology of other creatures that caused the annihilation of other species until they came into balance with their surroundings. But, as with a plague, our persistence cuts a wide swathe through the rest of the natural world.

Would you call a plague any less natural than a creature who can produce a similar result? And by extension, if to be natural is to be god-like, then surely both a plague and humans are no less natural and god-like than the rest of the natural world?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 11:15 pm

Narrator wrote:
aghogday wrote:
... through complex human cultures by the 'smartest' of all animals who NOW CAN AND DO effectively and AFFECTIVELY separate his and or her self from GOD aka Mother Nature True.

SO OKAY, overall, primates in the wild are obviously more like GOD AKA MOTHER NATURE TRUE than humans, simply as they are wild and free and not CHAINED (BRAIN WASHED) to illusions of abstract language....

There is an argument that our human nature is in line with nature because we act as we have evolved to act. We are as destructive as an epidemic, which is also natural. We are kings of our domain, just as lions are kings of theirs. We use our brains and our tools, just as primates and other creatures do. Our complexity is just a higher level of function for a natural organism.

What we have not yet reached is a balance. There are signs in anthropology of other creatures that caused the annihilation of other species until they came into balance with their surroundings. But, as with a plague, our persistence cuts a wide swathe through the rest of the natural world.

Would you call a plague any less natural than a creature who can produce a similar result? And by extension, if to be natural is to be god-like, then surely both a plague and humans are no less natural and god-like than the rest of the natural world?

As science shows there are STILL small peaceful HUMAN societies, numbering close to 20 in the world today that both live in balance with nature and one another in a similar sharing matriarchal leaning way of balanced culture LIVING WAYS that many Anthropologists suggest our forager ancestors DID before the Agrarian ways of human being started IN more of a sedentary and collective way of life.

Nah, humans are not A virus, it is HUMAN cultures that CAN BE A virus.

Humans are simply not evolved to live as many live now, in high density populations, as science suggests that humans are only currently evolved to connect to around 150 to 200 sets of eyes give or take a few 100 perhaps, depending on environmental adaptation.

The result of that IS A VIRUS OF CULTURE PER ENVIRONMENT but innate human nature per MOTHER NATURE TRUE aka GOD as of NOW, no, NOT AT ALL.

A common origin of misanthropic views is the illusion that culture is real and human nature is not.

To go against human nature and or MOTHER NATURE is to pay consequences in empirically measured results.

Just to list a few, some of those CONSEQUENCES NOW, empirically measurable as such by science, are close to one third of school age children who are assessed as pre-type two diabetic, close to 50 percent of the population on some kind of pain killer in a chronic way, AND PRESCRIPTIONS of Anti-Depressants sky rocketing among adults and children.

For one thing humans are evolved to move almost constantly as foragers in the wild, continuously scanning the horizon for prey AND PREDATOR and other things to eat.

Meanwhile 'really smart' humans today, sit still behind computers and other potential SCREEN ADDICTIONS DAY BY DAY, WITH THEIR skin rarely even 'seeing' the life giving SUN that our ancestors constantly lived under for neuro-chemical AND NEURO-HORMONE derived HAPPY nourishment.

Children in China who increasingly spend their time FIXATED IN front of a computer SCREEN for school ways of learning have been assessed at up to 90% near-sighted, as use it or lose it does apply, and not scanning the horizon means losing far sightedness IS real and true, as science now shows, as well.

AND NOW more and more humans are not CONNECTING TO EACH OTHER in evolved ways of flesh and blood interaction to nourish the natural reward of social bonding oxytocin.

It has gotten to the point in Japan where a majority of young folks assessed by science no longer even desire to hook up in the flesh and blood 'biblical' way of getting together and making babies.

And the clean up crews come and clean up what's left of elders in Japanese APARTMENTS in that booming new business opportunity as elders often have no flesh and blood contacts left.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I could present an entire Novel here ABOUT THE VIRUS OF MODERN HUMAN CULTURAL WAYS OF LIFE, and 'narrate' (;) it as such, if I so desired, but I'll stop here as 'they say' brevity is the wit of wisdom, BUT STILL I do not play by OLD NEW CULTURAL RULES, as 'i say', too. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 1:33 am

Is wearing clothes acting against nature?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 4:07 am

Narrator wrote:
Is wearing clothes acting against nature?

It could be, e.g. during sex.