Page 1 of 13 [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2014, 11:26 am

Who was the better man? Who would you rather follow?

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 12:40 pm

Jesus (I'm a Catholic), as I'm not really a fan of Islam and it's beliefs. I have no problem with someone who is a Muslim as long as they are not fanatical (same with any religion).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 12:47 pm

I'd rather follow Jesus.

That other guy married an 8-year old girl when he was in his early 50s, and "consummated" the relationship when she was only 9.

I would rather follow an unemployed carpenter than a wealthy pervert any day.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 7:23 pm

Yep! Muhammad was an egomaniacal paedophile.

Muhammadanism is a demonically inspired plagiarism of Judaism and Christianity produced with the aid of Muhammad's insane narcissism, brutality and concupiscence.

Nice to meet you fellas. Are you up to facing up to Goliath?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 7:41 pm

if i had the choice i would follow neither.

i don't follow paedophiles, wealthy or otherwise.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 7:51 pm

Even as a thought experiment, this one bothers me.
I'd rather not choose either, and for a number of reasons.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 1:30 am

As a cradle to grave Lutheran, the answer is pretty obvious: Jesus. But if I had been raised a Muslim, I'm sure my answer would be very different.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 1:32 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
if i had the choice i would follow neither.

i don't follow paedophiles, wealthy or otherwise.

Uh... since when had Jesus ever been accused of pedophilia?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 1:33 am

semantic blip - sorry. i was talking about mohammed and his wives of single-digit age.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2014, 1:41 am

I would not "follow" either of them. I admire the Buddha more than either of them but the Buddha taught not to "follow" him. A human being does not have to follow or be led by any person, deity or whatever. Human beings have to find their own way through the path of life. We can learn from the teachings and examples of the wisdom of others but ultimately we must experience truth, enlightenment, divinity, whatever you want to call it. IT has to be a personal experience. Noone can do it for us and noone else can tell us what that experience should ultimately be like. They can only point at IT. Zen teaching: Don't mistake the finger for the moon.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 2:01 am

Jesus would kick Mohammeds ass!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 2:19 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
semantic blip - sorry. i was talking about mohammed and his wives of single-digit age.

S'okay! 8)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 2:46 am

I choose neither because I don't get the concept 'god worship'.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2014, 3:19 am

"Who was the better man?"

It baffles me that someone would use that term at all to make a comparison of spiritual "leaders". To make such a statement says to me that the OP does not even understand the topic. Why would anyone who follows a spiritual path even go down that road? There is no "better" in the equation.Both of the figures in your question are supposed to be representations of love, regardless peoples interpretations of the dogma of religion. Love is the absence of judgement. Divinity=love. Not strong love vs mediocre love vs a little love. Love doesn't discriminate. Sorry I take it so seriously. I'm an aspie.

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Dec 2014, 3:27 am

Neither.

On the contrary, I do not consider myself an athiest. This is because I do believe in a higher power or universal creator/mind, or a One Mind of the Universe.

I would say I am spiritual and that is all.

I believe the things of spirituality. But I avoid any religion or religious figures at all costs. Not trying to offend anyone. Just my belief of it.

If you believe Jesus or Muhammad is better than go for it! No one but you can stop you from believing what you want. :wink:

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 7:41 am

Muhammad said that the Q'uran was dictated to him, that he did not write it, that he was only a man who was given visions and messages.

I believe that he consistently told people not to follow HIM, but to obey the Q'uran as God's Word.

Jesus did claim to be more than human, spoke and taught with authority, healed people,contradicted the prevailing religious wisdom not by quoting an angel, but by saying: "but I say unto you.....", indicating that he had more authority than the high priests and the prophets.

He claimed to be the Son of God. Muhammad only claimed to be a prophet, to be repeating what was told to him.

Jesus offered miracles as proof of being more than human.

Muhammad led armies.

Jesus replaced the cut-off ear of a soldier who came to arrest Him, which would lead to certain torture and death.

Jesus told people to follow him.

From what I understand of his message, Muhammad did not.

I believe that SOME Muslims have, over the last two thousand years, begun to elevate their prophet to something like a Messiah, though, meaning that they follow the man, not the message.

The Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, taught that he had found or been allowed to find The Path, and my understanding is that he wanted people to search for The Eightfold Path, not elevate him to divinity.

I always thought that he would have been so hurt to see thousands of images of himself, some layered with gold leaf and jewels, while so many suffer.