Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 5:38 pm

On Christmas Day I had the pleasure of viewing a film about a lovely lady by the name of Margaret Keane, a talented artist with a gentle spirit who seems to have really been absorbed by her paintings which all have this special magic, the energy I picked up on while watching the film and yearned to be in a studio surrounded by her paintings.

I felt so happy, and a peacefulness that accompanies a sense of understanding a great mystery during the scenes of her studio and I thought the movie was really fantastic and just so warm because it was about an artist that was so united with her work so much she could convey a message, perhaps she wasn't keen to.

Her last name, Keane, is a homonym of keen, even, hehe.

The past few days I got to thinking about her paintings and what they mean. She drew the same image over and over, most, including her consider them to be images of youngsters but I got to thinking, what if they really aren't? What if they are, in reality, images of another species on a distant world, an unhappy one? Maybe Margaret Keane is just sensitive to them without even knowing it? Perhaps this species is suffering for some reason and Margaret Keane opened a portal into their world and was able to express it to us, in a limited capacity, and this is why she was compelled to paint the same type of image over and over, which appears to be sad?

What do you all think?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm

Maybe it's the other way around.

Maybe our current urban myth notions of what aliens look like: the Grays - big heads-little spindly bodies- are really unconsciously redrawn human children. When we hallucinate that we are being abducted we unconsciously paint the abductors as larval versions of ourselves for some reason.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 7:18 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Maybe our current urban myth notions of what aliens look like: the Grays - big heads-little spindly bodies- are really unconsciously redrawn human children. When we hallucinate that we are being abducted we unconsciously paint the abductors as larval versions of ourselves for some reason.

The woman who painted them didn't officially offer an explanation. Her husband said they represented sad orphans here on earth, or the sadness some children experience. It's exaggerated expressionism.

I am the one who thought of the alternate idea because sometimes, I wonder, if there is such a place that is experiencing a conflict between two species and one is suffering due to it and I know this is happening on earth due to poaching and mankind destroying other species' habitats. What if this species that is suffering from what I believe is a war with another species on a distant world is capable of sending their thoughts and only a few people here can pick up on them but not completely so they just come through in these single frames without much detail or explanation, as in, someone like Margaret Keane drawing this sad image over and over?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 7:37 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

The woman who painted them didn't officially offer an explanation. Her husband said they represented sad orphans here on earth, or the sadness some children experience. It's exaggerated expressionism.

I am the one who thought of the alternate idea because sometimes, I wonder, if there is such a place that is experiencing a conflict between two species and one is suffering due to it and I know this is happening on earth due to poaching and mankind destroying other species' habitats. What if this species that is suffering from what I believe is a war with another species on a distant world is capable of sending their thoughts and only a few people here can pick up on them but not completely so they just come through in these single frames without much detail or explanation, as in, someone like Margaret Keane drawing this sad image over and over?

I understand all of that: that the artist says they are children, and that you are the one to insert aliens into it. But you and I, and everyone, are effected by the current pop culture notion of what aliens are supposed to look like. So that might be why you thought "aliens" when you see (what I assume are) the big headed small bodied figures in her paintings (havent actually seen her paintings). And that pop culture image is in turn based upon what abductees report. And that in turn might be an artifact of some human tendency to hallucinate fetal looking humans. Just a thought.

If you had something else to go by that would be nice- other hints in her paintings-like does she unconsciously paint these people in settings with double suns? Or other things that indicate a non solar system setting?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 7:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I understand all of that: that the artist says they are children, and that you are the one to insert aliens into it. But you and I, and everyone, are effected by the current pop culture notion of what aliens are supposed to look like. So that might be why you thought "aliens" when you see (what I assume are) the big headed small bodied figures in her paintings (havent actually seen her paintings). And that pop culture image is in turn based upon what abductees report. And that in turn might be an artifact of some human tendency to hallucinate fetal looking humans. Just a thought.

If you had something else to go by that would be nice- other hints in her paintings-like does she unconsciously paint these people in settings with double suns? Or other things that indicate a non solar system setting?

Most people just think they look like human children with exaggerated features and are an expression of the sorrow and alienation of the child from society, not anything of alien origin.

I am the only one, that I know of, who has suggested they might not even be human children, but full grown members of an alien species on another planet and if you think of them in that context, they don't resemble humans so much. They would be much smaller than a full grown human.

I haven't read or heard one other person suggesting the same thing so it is not common.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 1:57 pm

Hahaha when I was a kid, I used to wonder the same thing about Star Wars movies. What if the creators of Star Wars were relaying some info about another part of the Universe without being aware and Star Wars-type situations were really occurring in a galaxy far, far away. Considering how spacious the universe is, and how many objects are in it. doesn't seem so far fetched.

As strange as it sounds, I have always considered these possibilities and been fascinated by the idea that it could be real.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Dec 2014, 2:09 pm

I also like to speculate about such things, simply because there has to be life out there. Who knows what's all out there: places that resemble Middle Earth or planets in the Star Wars universe; planets where dinosaurs still roam or that are more advanced than we can ever imagine... endless possibilities and the infinity of the universe is the limit!

The more we know, the more we realize that we know very little and that the sum of knowledge is also infinite!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 3:35 pm

What? No. The only way the sum of all the information can be infinite is if the universe itself is infinite, which is... unlikely.

Since we don't know the value of P(life|suitableworld) yet, or the value of P(suitableworld), we can't say anything about P(extreterrestialintelligence)...