Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 6:29 pm

Possible triggers for: suicide and depression

There's a Tumblr user—or several—who is/are attacking vulnerable Supernatural fans through the anon function, and someone has posted a list of tumblr users who have been attacked, some of whom have attempted suicide and are comatose.

I read over a couple of the blogs on that list for updates. Not because I was worried and cared about their well-being. No. Because I found it interesting, and I was curious.

Several times, while reading the updates, I laughed. Apparently this is common on the spectrum, and I've been in past situations where I'd fight the urge to laugh or smile after something really bad happened.

I refreshed one of those blogs, and I new update popped up.

The girl had died.

When I first read it, my heart jolted, but I didn't feel any pain. After that, there was nothing. I feel nothing for her or the other sufferers. I don't condone what the anon is doing, and I understand that he's/she's a pretty *****y human being, but I don't feel any emotion.

I dunno why, but I just thought'd I'd share that.

I took the Empathy Quotient test yesterday, and I scored a 14.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 8:37 pm

I guess it's good that I wasn't bothered too much by it, because it turns out the girl was hacked. Second person that's happened to.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 10:43 am

Pity post, huh pity

I remember when a kid I knew killed himself the summer after we graduated highschool. I strangely felt no sadness, but rage instead against myself and everyone else who failed him. I also felt like he had taken my out away, I'd been grappling with suicide as well at the time. I hated myself for feeling that as well. I've been to 3 funerals in my life, including his, and felt nothing in the way of sadness. I've never really looked at this from perspective, huh, I'm more coldblooded than I thought. Now that I really think about it I tend to smile/laugh at almost anything that makes me nervous in social situations. I suppose I'm just really good at emulating empathy when I do show it, it's not really my own.

Also on a lighter note I scored 13 on the empathy test, which is coincidentally the same number of other people that posted on the other thread and I was that unlucky number thirteenth. Illuminate :alien: