Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm

Moromillas wrote:
Skibz888 wrote:
Moromillas wrote:
The worst part about this; Is that incredibly stupid people will come out and say "That's Autism", and spread around even more stigma about us, further aggravating our situation.

Gee, thanks a bunch Chris-Chan.

Honestly, of all the people I know who know about Chris-Chan (who aren't 4-Chan/Encyclopedia Dramatica trolls), they clearly delineate between Chris and autism. Maybe that's not true of 100% of people, but I think Chris has become such an infamous entity in his own right that no kind of condition adequately explains his behavior.

In every discussion I've seen on Chris-Chan, people are saying that it's the culmination of Autism, or that it's Autism in its purest form, or that it's a prime example of what Autism is, or that it's Autism gone wild, all of that talk is very common. You have to have not seen much discussion to think otherwise.

It's not like I regularly join discussions about Christian Weston Chandler. I'm just basing that on the people who know about his antics in my own real-life and online circle. Different perspectives, I guess.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2015, 11:48 pm

I'm just gonna copy and paste this from my tumblr:

Many in the Autistic Community are proud of their Autism and rarely use it as a crutch to excuse certain, deplorable behaviors. Then we have some like Christian Weston Chandler or Chris-Chan as he’s known on the Internet, a 32- year old man child who lives in his mother’s basement and writes/draws fanfiction. Whether or not he has Autism is uncertain but he claims to have it which puts him on my radar. The man believes that his works are brilliant and that the only reason SEGA and Nintendo haven’t bought up his fanfic and made a franchise out of it is because they’re either A. Evil greedy bastards or B. Playing Hardball.

Mr. Chandler once sent out death threats to people, defaced public property, and maced a GameStop employee all over the fact that Sonic the Hedgehog’s arms were colored from flesh to blue in a sub-franchise called Sonic Boom which is considered to be not related to games like Sonic Generations and Sonic Lost World. I use this to highlight the fact that this man is so far gone from reality that he assaults people over a characters arm skin going to a fur color because he believes it’s so important unlike stuff like Ferguson or the Rise of ISIS.

Chris Chan represents the belief that Autism is some sort of dark malevolent force that feeds on you and controls you. In reality this is far from the truth as it is who we are. Autism is a part of us and if you remove Autism you remove who we are as beings, and I would rather be dead than someone else entirely.

Chris-Chan also highlights what happens if we accept a doctrine of pity and fear like what Autism Speaks spreads. Because part of that doctrine means we’re never to be held responsible for our actions. If that sounds good then think about what that attitude leads to; never wanting to better ourselves, being in the same place that we were 10 years ago, wasting our lives away. From what I understand his parents never told him he was wrong or that he needed to grow up they just encouraged him. But we need that kind of criticism in our lives from our families, that’s called constructive criticism it’s meant to better us as people and make us productive members of society. Without it we would still be children, that applies to both neurotypicals and people with autism.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 12:05 am

How long is he going to be in jail? I kind of want to send him some Sonic The Hedgehog soap on a rope. I wonder if they make that.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2015, 12:43 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
How long is he going to be in jail? I kind of want to send him some Sonic The Hedgehog soap on a rope. I wonder if they make that.

Make the arms blue, just to really piss him off.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 3:38 am

OliveOilMom wrote:

Well, it's a class 6 felony, so according to Virginia law:

"(f) For Class 6 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than five years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both."

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2015, 5:56 am

Skibz888 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Well, it's a class 6 felony, so according to Virginia law:

"(f) For Class 6 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than five years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both."

I hope they throw the book at that bastard.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 10:20 am

it is unliklely he will serve jail,even though he could.if your eligible for a 5 year felony you would still likely get probation.

in most cases you would need to commit a violent felony by robbery,or knife, mace wont draw jail time autistic or not if your record is fairly clean.the courts are to overwhelmed for silly antics and what not

Buzz201
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2015, 11:54 am

vermontsavant wrote:
it is unliklely he will serve jail,even though he could.if your eligible for a 5 year felony you would still likely get probation.

in most cases you would need to commit a violent felony by robbery,or knife, mace wont draw jail time autistic or not if your record is fairly clean.the courts are to overwhelmed for silly antics and what not

He'll almost certainly be able to play autism as a card he can use to get out of it as well, because I doubt the judge will know or care too much about it...

(Somebody tried that with a murder case in Scotland, didn't go down too well the victim's family. Didn't work with judge either thankfully, but on a comparatively low-level case he could probably get away with it.)

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 11:33 pm

I only have four words to say to this guy: GET. A. F!CKING. LIFE.

I might have more respect for the guy if he pepper-sprayed the incoming U.S. Congress over something more substantial that would be for the good of the public interest. Otherwise, he deserves to rot in jail for something as inconsequential as a change in the color of a cartoon character. :skull: