The Gun Culture is Somewhat In Denial About Gun Safety.

Page 18 of 24 [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 1:43 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I am not saying people shouldn't *have* guns. I just pointed out potential problems and indeterminate wording and offered potent suggestions.

:roll:
Why not just go ahead and come out as an anti and be done with it?
You're not fooling anyone buy tapdancing around it.

Can't say that. I believe in protecting oneself first and foremost and you should be allowed to do that without any penalties and sometimes, a gun becomes necessary. So, to deprive people of their guns can set up this scenario where they are getting guns pulled on them and they cannot fight back like the peasants of days gone and who wants that? No one wants some king's men to come along and bully and that's what happens.

However, there should be more seriousness afforded to gun ownership. I do think some people treat them more like cap guns than the real deal and that's just stupid in my honest opinion. It should definitely get more respect than the kitchen knife. Sometimes, it doesn't.

Let's look at a few exhibits from this thread.
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The Gun Culture Is Somewhat In Denial About Gun Safety

That’s says a lot right there which is indicative of an anti-gun stance. Especially when you don’t know diddly about the “gun culture” or even how to define it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
It's wrong on so many levels. For one thing, the gun is in her handbag without some kind of safety? It could easily go off and shoot her or someone else. What kind of carelessness is this?

They just “go off”, eh? :roll:
Is this another nugget of wisdom from your kuntry kuzzins who spend every waking hour lecturing on gun safety........but then go blow their hands off while improperly negotiating fences with firearms?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
You would think it would alarm any parent who has a handgun with a light trigger.

What’s a light trigger?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I think a lot of problems could be solved with voice recognition triggers or ones that only recognize the finger of the person who owns the gun. Just think, such weapons could not be accidentally discharged by kids nor could someone you are trying to shoot grab your gun and shoot you instead.

Yeah, right. :roll:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
To me it's obvious what happened. These people spend too much time thinking about guns than perhaps they need to.

Advocating some kind of thought control? Besides, how can you think about gun safety without thinking about guns?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
There needs to be a law that says concealed carriers must have the gun on their person when they are out and about, not just in a purse or car glove compartment. This is not infringing upon anyone's gun rights it just says if you are going to have a gun on you at all times, you must do so responsibly and the best place for handgun is on one's person, in a holster with a strap.

Demonstrates that you know very little about the subject of modern holsters.
Ignorance is a standard attribute of anti-gunners.

Quote:
If carriers cannot be responsible and accidents happen, then laws should be made addressing the issue.

Yep, punish the masses for the mistakes of the few.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Another segment featured these two bank robbers in Los Angeles, California, armed to the teeth with semi automatic weapons they modified into automatic and they had plenty of tactical gear like bullet proof vests and protection. So, they ended up shooting several police during a gunfight on the streets of LA, every cop's worse nightmare. What can you do in these situations, when they have all kinds of protections and the Bushmasters and everything else at their disposal to keep on shooting?

As someone else has already pointed out, Bushmaster is a manufacturer and mostly of AR-15’s. The bank robbers in this case did have one Bushmaster AR-15 carbine and the others were an AK-47 and an HK-91. The AK was made by Norinco and the HK-91 by Heckler & Koch.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
These are a couple of the worst examples of irresponsible behavior with firearms.

It was also an illegal act which should be obvious. Their "Bushmasters" :roll: :roll: did not take control of their minds and make them do it nor was it attributable to the lack gun safety conscientiousness.
If you're following the ant-gunner's script the next things will be assault weapons, hi-capacity magazines, and registration.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Instead of philosophizing on the side, why not just put it in the document so everyone knows exactly what you mean? And if you cannot apply the terms the original document held to the modern world, what's so bad about updating?

In other words, change the constitution to suit whatever's in vogue at the moment.

And I could go back and dig out all the times you mention 2 year olds and guns thorough this thread. Do you have a phobia of 2 year olds? Did you have a bad dream where one ran between your legs and bit your b@lls off or something? You have peppered this thread with reference to 2 year olds.
One each 2 year old being involved in one accident in Jerkwater Idaho or wherever it was hardly warrants the obsession with them.

To sum it up; yes, you ARE an anti and there is only black and white where this topic is concerned.

I'd write more but I've run out of eye-rollers since it's been necessary to use all of them up on you. I'll have to buy some more at the store today.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 1:57 pm

^^^

Black and white may rule in the minds of some FOLKS but IT NEVER RULES in the REAL WORLD OF guns and FISTS.

I don't need a gun as I know how to use my MIND, hands, AND FEET.

BUT NEVER THE less, people with lesser skills, both intellectual, emotional and physical, DO need one to REASONABLY defend themselves in the wild.

Like I said, this is not a black and white issue, and UNLESS you are an expert in martial arts, I COULD most definitely take a gun AWAY from you before you ever saw OR HEARD me coming out of the peripheral of your eye or EARS.

BUT fortunately I am a good guy too, and don't do WHAT THE BAD GUYS CAN get away with, with guns or not GUNS WHO HAVE THE Real life skills BEYOND TOOLS OF METAL to get the job done in real LIFE of crime or special operations DEFENSE.

Trust me, there wouldn't be any time for eye-rolls for MOST anyone WHO ATTEMPTED TO TAKE A GUN OUT ON ME.

But again, you'd have to see my REAL LIFE 'NINJA' SKILLS TO BELIEVE IT for even one second of eyes or eye-rolls, friend.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 6:12 pm

aghogday wrote:
^^^
Black and white may rule in the minds of some FOLKS but IT NEVER RULES in the REAL WORLD OF guns and FISTS.

In left vs. right politics and philosophy gun control (by whatever label) is the one topic that is black and white. Reason: No one has ever been able to put together a valid argument in favor of it.

Quote:

Well hell, then; I bet you don't even have a jack and lug wrench in your car, just the spare tire alone. He man that you are, I' m sure you can hold the the car up with one hand and take off and replace the rim and lug nuts with the other hand. I mean after all...........

Quote:
BUT NEVER THE less, people with lesser skills, both intellectual, emotional and physical, DO need one to REASONABLY defend themselves in the wild.

Why should someone like you need a gun in the wild? I'm sure you can kick a bear or cougar's ass with one hand.

Quote:
Like I said, this is not a black and white issue, and UNLESS you are an expert in martial arts.

Yeah, that made sense.... :roll:

Quote:
I COULD most definitely take a gun AWAY from you before you ever saw OR HEARD me coming out of the peripheral of your eye or EARS.

How???
Oh, I get it. Me, being the weak little cretin that I obviously am, would draw my piece for any reason and wag it around in an attempt to bluff someone out of a confrontation. You'd step in and save the day by taking my piece AWAY from me and b***h slapping me. Yep, just like in the movies.
This calls for a triple eye-roller for YOU. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quote:
BUT fortunately I am a good guy too, and don't do WHAT THE BAD GUYS CAN get away with, with guns or not GUNS WHO HAVE THE Real life skills BEYOND TOOLS OF METAL to get the job done in real LIFE of crime or special operations DEFENSE.

Refer back to the tire changing thing. /\

Quote:
Trust me, there wouldn't be any time for eye-rolls for MOST anyone WHO ATTEMPTED TO TAKE A GUN OUT ON ME.

Trust me, in my world the gun stays concealed out of sight and out of mind until and only in the instant it is needed. If it ever does come out it'll be to shoot someone. My would be assailant might not ever see it.
And before we go there, I do believe in the use non-lethal force when practicable.

Quote:
But again, you'd have to see my REAL LIFE 'NINJA' SKILLS TO BELIEVE IT for even one second of eyes or eye-rolls, friend.

Those who dote on their ninja skills online are rarely the ones that actually have them.......but here's some more eye-rollers for you just the same.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 2:07 am

Raptor wrote:
Is this another nugget of wisdom from your kuntry kuzzins who spend every waking hour lecturing on gun safety........but then go blow their hands off while improperly negotiating fences with firearms?

Haha, no. Actually that came from a right wing nut that often talks about what he doesn't know. I figured he knew about it. Guess not.

Quote:
hat’s a light trigger?

It's another gem from the right wing nut. Same guy said to hammer in a drip edge before hammering in shingles but it would actually damage the drip edge if it were done that way so *shrug.* Guess it's another time he erred.

Quote:
Advocating some kind of thought control? Besides, how can you think about gun safety without thinking about guns?

Just advocating not getting shot with your own gun.

Quote:
Yep, punish the masses for the mistakes of the few.

Just trying to help :ninja:

Quote:
And I could go back and dig out all the times you mention 2 year olds and guns thorough this thread. Do you have a phobia of 2 year olds? Did you have a bad dream where one ran between your legs and bit your b@lls off or something? You have peppered this thread with reference to 2 year olds.
One each 2 year old being involved in one accident in Jerkwater Idaho or wherever it was hardly warrants the obsession with them.

Well, it's because the topic is partly about a two year old :roll:
Quote:
To sum it up; yes, you ARE an anti and there is only black and white where this topic is concerned.

I'd write more but I've run out of eye-rollers since it's been necessary to use all of them up on you. I'll have to buy some more at the store today.

Nah, I am not anti gun but I do know something about life back in the day, when that thing called the US Constitution was penned and many years after the Declaration of Independence and there were a lot of people that couldn't have guns in this country, slaves, and indentured servants to name two. So lemme ask you, if the "founding fathers" intended for everyone to have guns, tell me, why didn't slaves and various peasants have any? I can tell you why. Because they didn't want them to have any! Only proves people misinterpret what the second amendment means and how they meant it to mean when they wrote it, otherwise everyone in this country would of let out a big woop the moment it was ratified because it would have meant they could all have guns and we all know that didn't happen.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 18 Jan 2015, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 2:09 am

The Myth Behind Defensive Gun Ownership
Guns are more likely to do harm than good.
By EVAN DEFILIPPIS and DEVIN HUGHES
January 14, 2015

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... z3P9dztzFh

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 10:29 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
...Just advocating not getting shot with your own gun....

Weapon retention is a big deal to most firearm owners who believe that they need to know about such a tactic during lawful defensive use of a firearm. One of the best web sites about this topic http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/?s=retention is pubished by ActiveResponseTraining.net whose "primary mission [is] to provide the most realistic, innovative and effective women's self defense training available." While focusing on in-person instruction, the web site shares many of its best ideas freely online.

While unrelated to this Wrong Planet topic, one of my favorite common-sense ideas was about "The Bag Trick…How to easily conceal a weapon in public" http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/t ... -in-public from May 27.

The mother of the two-year-old child should have learned and followed some instruction about retaining her firearm to herself, not where the child could access it. However, I amn't sure that a law requiring such retention would have prevented the mother's death if she had ignored the law as she did with the idea.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 10:42 am

Raptor wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^^^

In left vs. right politics and philosophy gun control (by whatever label) is the one topic that is black and white. Reason: No one has ever been able to put together a valid argument in favor of it.

Quote:

Well hell, then; I bet you don't even have a jack and lug wrench in your car, just the spare tire alone. He man that you are, I' m sure you can hold the the car up with one hand and take off and replace the rim and lug nuts with the other hand. I mean after all...........

Quote:

Why should someone like you need a gun in the wild? I'm sure you can kick a bear or cougar's ass with one hand.

Quote:
Like I said, this is not a black and white issue, and UNLESS you are an expert in martial arts.

Yeah, that made sense.... :roll:

Quote:
I COULD most definitely take a gun AWAY from you before you ever saw OR HEARD me coming out of the peripheral of your eye or EARS.

How???
Oh, I get it. Me, being the weak little cretin that I obviously am, would draw my piece for any reason and wag it around in an attempt to bluff someone out of a confrontation. You'd step in and save the day by taking my piece AWAY from me and b***h slapping me. Yep, just like in the movies.
This calls for a triple eye-roller for YOU. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quote:

Refer back to the tire changing thing. /\

Quote:

Trust me, in my world the gun stays concealed out of sight and out of mind until and only in the instant it is needed. If it ever does come out it'll be to shoot someone. My would be assailant might not ever see it.
And before we go there, I do believe in the use non-lethal force when practicable.

Quote:

Those who dote on their ninja skills online are rarely the ones that actually have them.......but here's some more eye-rollers for you just the same.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't use my 'Ninja skills' unless absolutely necessary, either, on real flesh and blood folks.

AND by the way, the 'Ninja' is a myth, so the quotes mean metaphor, only.

And I have already documented some of my skills here clearly for the naysayers, like lifting 810LBS 12 times on Nautilus Parallel free weight LEG PRESS machine PER more than any 20 something year old Marine CAN DO at my military ELITE military installation where I train in both strength training and martial arts.

I am now up to around 900LBS.. and will get that documentation on request....;)

But anyway, I never come 'armed' without evidence.

Nor do I want to waste too much time of the reading and potential viewing audience, so for just a glimpse of proof of my skills in strength.. as if you can imagine what Bruce Lee might be able to DO if he too.. could KICK WITH 900LBS of Force.

And to be clear I also have 'empath' skills, and my way of evading the BAD GUYS, IS SIMPLY feeling their lack of soul, and getting out of the way, same as Bruce Lee philosophy, as WELL illustrated in the second video below..;)

I do not have any scars on my body for good reason, the best offense IS A GREAT DEFENSE.

AND IF you have not developed as much strength as possible in life, in at least moving confidently in life, you are doing yourself a disfavor in my opinion, and to be clear the pronoun of you is a Universal one that I personally believe applies to MOST anyone.

And yes, I was an extremely fragile person earlier in my life, and have the photos to prove that too upon request, but I did not let it stop me from un-domesticating myself by tapping into the epigenetic potential that most all humans have upon proper environmental challenge and adaptation.

I have simply MOVED OUT OF THE BOX IN my free style methods of exercise, as both a Health Science Major in College, and Exercise physiologist per anthropological study of the human species throughout recorded and non-recorded paleontological history.

Also another one of my degrees IS Anthropology, and a THIRD ONE, per Social Sciences Interdisciplinary.

My conclusion IS that 12K years is not nearly enough to domesticate humans, and the weakness of humans is almost entirely environmental produced by a life of sedentary way.

I have proven irrefutably, at least per my own case study, that un-domesticating an even extremely fragile looking younger person like me IS POSSIBLE WHEN one WORKS THE ENTIRE BODY MODERATELY AT LEAST 4 HOURS A DAY.

Being retired at age 54, I have the time to FULLY EXPLORE THE RESEARCH going my own way.

But anyway, here are those videos, with only one rep. nicely documented by the female gym attendant, as she exclaims HOLY S**T. The rest of the twelve reps are nicely documented by her flight student husband by way of high def. photography, as linked in the youtube video; ONLY for EVIDENCE, AS I DO WAY MORE THAN TALK THE TALK, FRIEND.

MY POINT HERE IS this can potentially be possible for most any human being who adapts to environmental challenge to be a relative SUPERMAN IN strength, fearlessness, and ability to navigate freely throughout distance and space, WITH GRAVITY LIKE BRUCE LEE, per 'water', INSTEAD OF AGAINST IT.

YA SEE, HUMAN LIFE IS MY ALL ENCOMPASSING SPECIAL INTEREST, and you like GUNS.

My father had the same all encompassing SPECIAL interest his entire life with thousands and thousands of dollars worth of GUNS, and I thought it was very interesting too, I just WENT ANOTHER WAY. :)

AND BY the way, I've never changed a tire, as I do not like to get my hands dirty; I just call in someone to do it professionally, if Need be. :)

And as far as fights go, I'll call the cops FIRST, if NEED BE. ;)

THIS BOY IS A LOVER AND NOT A FIGHTER, no matter what my skills and 'GUNS' PER biceps look like on the OUTSIDE FOR SIMPLE and complex HUMAN DEFENSE.

The brain is the greatest TOOL EVER TO AVOID CONFLICTS.

And it's the main reason I'VE NEVER HAD TO ACTUALLY FIGHT IN A SERIOUS FIGHT.

So far, they've all ended with my first show of martial arts prowess.

AND NAH, IT IS rare that anyone lifts their head up around me at the gym.

It's human nature, and that's IT.

I've been the beta male and even OMEGA MALE, MOST OF MY LIFE, AND
NOW most EVERYWHERE I GO IN REAL LIFE, I am the recognized alpha male.

I care not to be recognized one way or the other but it is still interesting per my special interest of Anthropology as A FULL PARTICIPANT OBSERVER in anthropological case study.

Not everyone gets to be the omega male and alpha male in the span of one lifetime.

Yes, it's fascinating to be me. And I TRULY MEAN THAT IN A SCIENCE KIND OF WAY.

AND now too, in an ART KIND OF WAY.

AND the art part is the most fascinating pART OF ALL. :)

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 10:59 am

Such idiocy in this thread.

If you want a gun fine. Just lock that s**t up.

If I had a gun I would have it locked up so good that I would have time getting to it.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 1:06 pm

aghogday wrote:
Raptor wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^^^

Ah yes....Mr. Invulnerable, I know you.

I know the feeling of invulnerability having commonly physically lifted over 1000 pounds when moving machinery for a living, and could provide information to prove it......

BUT the fact still remains, even THE FLASH can be defeated in a particular single battle.

Watch your ass young one. You may not be able to afford certain mistakes. We'd miss you around here.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 2:30 pm

ZenDen wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Raptor wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^^^

I know the feeling of invulnerability having commonly physically lifted over 1000 pounds when moving machinery for a living, and could provide information to prove it......

BUT the fact still remains, even THE FLASH can be defeated in a particular single battle.

Watch your ass young one. You may not be able to afford certain mistakes. We'd miss you around here.

Thanks. I practice the Zen Art of Ego online but I am NO ego as i.

i have a hunch per way of your user name you WILL be able to understand that too...

But if I analyzed I based on i's words online alone.. I too might express similar cognitive empathy...for I.

It's the sentiment that truly counts and i feel that from your words here but trust me they are NOT warranted in real life..:)

But anyway, sincerely.. Thanks for the considerate concern..as expressed here in your words..:)

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 10:12 am

aghogday wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Raptor wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^^^

i have a hunch per way of your user name you WILL be able to understand that too...

But if I analyzed I based on i's words online alone.. I too might express similar cognitive empathy...for I.

It's the sentiment that truly counts and i feel that from your words here but trust me they are NOT warranted in real life..:)

But anyway, sincerely.. Thanks for the considerate concern..as expressed here in your words..:)

:D My "concern" concerns your observations. Your observation of yourself and your martial abilities may be correct, but I guarantee you your observations of others and their abilities, is not.

Criminals study and practice their filthy profession while incarcerated with filth of the same order: The "hidden assistant ploy; the "cuff" knife, and many things you haven't heard of or experienced (unless you've been spending time in prison?), and as we all know, even the "superhuman" have human reaction times.

These criminals (not all, of course) have all the time they wish, to learn and practice the immediate application of their criminal acts and the likely-hood of you recognising and reacting properly (in time) to every ploy is exceedingly low; your reaction times are merely human and their constant practice allows them a faster response to the situation they've created. It's just science.

Just use all your resources, especially the one attached above your shoulders. Remember: A conflict successfully negotiated is a win for everyone. This should always be your goal. :D

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 10:42 am

ZenDen wrote:
aghogday wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Raptor wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^^^

:D My "concern" concerns your observations. Your observation of yourself and your martial abilities may be correct, but I guarantee you your observations of others and their abilities, is not.

Criminals study and practice their filthy profession while incarcerated with filth of the same order: The "hidden assistant ploy; the "cuff" knife, and many things you haven't heard of or experienced (unless you've been spending time in prison?), and as we all know, even the "superhuman" have human reaction times.

These criminals (not all, of course) have all the time they wish, to learn and practice the immediate application of their criminal acts and the likely-hood of you recognising and reacting properly (in time) to every ploy is exceedingly low; your reaction times are merely human and their constant practice allows them a faster response to the situation they've created. It's just science.

Just use all your resources, especially the one attached above your shoulders. Remember: A conflict successfully negotiated is a win for everyone. This should always be your goal. :D

Perhaps you missed my metaphor; however, I attempted to make it clear that I understand your point here abundantly and avoid dead hearted souls all together and call the law instead.

If you re-read my second comment that I used to rebut my first comment that was sarcastic in tone, perhaps you will gather more facts to my intention in communication.

But as far as the run of the mill brat in the bars I frequent who spend their time on their BUTT ON A SMART PHONE, NAH.. THEY WON'T EVEN COMPETE WITH ME, IF I took 'em serious enough to compete.

I DO NOT FREQUENT GANG BARS, FRIEND. ;)

THE bar I go to is guarded with men with guns called police, and security guards everywhere one looks, with a strict dress code.

But never the less, that does not preclude the possibility of drunk 'nerds' thinking they are men. ;)

Again, though, sincerely THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN, and I do not blame you for misunderstanding my communication, as I often use wit, when I see other Autistic folks abused around here, with black and white minds.

IN other words, I was just joking. ;) And when I got the expected response from the other guy I CLEARED IT ALL UP; AT least I hoped to. ;)

And that's what I mean about the ZEN art of EGO.

It works a lot better than personal attacks.

And to be clear again, I see that you are just trying to help me here, and that is all you are trying to do, and again, it's the thought that counts, so thanks again. :)

But no worries here, I am more than emotionally mature now, IN REAL LIFE POTENTIAL DANGER, AS A 54 YEAR OLD SEASONED DUDE WHO WORKED WITH OTHER SEASONED DUDES IN THE military for a quarter of a century. ;)

I HAVE NO SCARS AND HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN IN A REAL SERIOUS FIGHT FOR GOOD REASON.

AND THAT my friend is the ASSET SITTING ON TOP OF MY VERY BROAD SHOULDERS..;)

And on top of that I like to write AND WORKOUT AND DO MALE NUDE ART.

I AIN'T GONNA TAKE any chances in messing up WHAT I LIKE TO DO.

BRUISED HANDS AND BODY, WON'T HELP ME IN what I like to do in life, and hell no FIGHTING IS FOR THE IGNORANT AND STUPID, as far as I am concerned, IN REAL LIFE. :)

And owning a GUN is 'stupid and ignorant', at least where I live, in mind and body balance, AND A SOCIO-ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT THAT IS SAFER THAN MOST, IN ONLY MY OPINION, as that applies to me.

My father was in law enforcement for 46 years, as the longest serving deputy sheriff in the state of Florida, and he never even got shot at, WITH OR WITHOUT A GUN. Nor did he ever have to shoot anyone else.

But he too, had a good head on broad shoulders. :)

AND THAT IS WHY HE LASTED 46 YEARS.

Most humans are easy to figure out, FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE cognitive empathy ability to do it, and a good statistician understands the REAL RISKS, NOT THE COP SHOWS, AND other emotional hyperbole drama ONLINE OR OFF, as it applies to the real risk of life, and variables related per the pros and cons of gun ownership.

And yes, I am both, and have been publicly recognized by other professionals as such, my entire life, in the flesh and blood thingy, that is far more real than this new wave of online fantasy stuff. :)

But that's enough about me..eh..;)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:36 pm

aghogday wrote:
IN other words, I was just joking. ;) And when I got the expected response from the other guy I CLEARED IT ALL UP; AT least I hoped to. ;)

No, the other guy (probably me) just doesn't always feel like taking the time to sort out all of your pointless rambling peppered with sporadic SHOUTING. It's to no avail one way or the other……[/quote]

Quote:

Let me guess; you think you have everyone in the world that cowed. No, they just have no interest in you. Don’t despair, though; you seem to have enough interest in yourself to more than make up for it. I’ve spent my share of time in a few weight rooms here and there and it would never occur to me to be cowed by anyone there. Even if it did, my vanity would never allow it.

Quote:

Given the multiple roles people can find themselves in even in the course of the day, the alpha, beta, omega thingy applies more to dogs and other animals than people. We fill the role the situation requires of us at the time. People that tend to apply ethology to humans too much I tend to look down upon as sub-human.
If the shoe fits….

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 1:16 pm

Raptor wrote:
aghogday wrote:

No, the other guy (probably me) just doesn't always feel like taking the time to sort out all of your pointless rambling peppered with sporadic SHOUTING. It's to no avail one way or the other……

Quote:

Let me guess; you think you have everyone in the world that cowed. No, they just have no interest in you. Don’t despair, though; you seem to have enough interest in yourself to more than make up for it. I’ve spent my share of time in a few weight rooms here and there and it would never occur to me to be cowed by anyone there. Even if it did, my vanity would never allow it.

Quote:

Quote:
Raptor wrote: Given the multiple roles people can find themselves in even in the course of the day, the alpha, beta, omega thingy applies more to dogs and other animals than people. We fill the role the situation requires of us at the time. People that tend to apply ethology to humans too much I tend to look down upon as sub-human.
If the shoe fits….

Truly sorry IF you don't understand metaphors but it's part of my intelligence set that I am not going to leave behind, just cause some people don't understand them HERE.

Humans are animals, get used to it, or deny the truth; SURE that's up to you.

I choose to see the truth for what it is in flesh and blood WAY, as well as metaphors FOR TRUTH.

NORMAL HUMANS have aversion to killing other humans with their bare hands, as an instinctual trait, when not left cold by distant parents or other ways of not gaining or losing human empathy.

Guns overcome that aversion; therefore, GUNS are dangerous to even HOLD.

I am confident enough, both in my humanity, and the humanity of others, overall, to keep it that way.

Others certainly can play whatever game of life they like. :)

And I am free enough to express myself freely, without care over the opinions of others, no matter where I go, online or offline in life in just the talk OR 'dancing' A real FLESH AND BLOOD life.

I choose real flesh and blood life; writing is only a casual art. :)

THIS Interwebz stuff is serious business..eh..;)

Meh..

And by the way, I don't need shoes.

The bottom of my feet are calloused and brown enough TO GET THE JOB DONE without any clothes of culture. :)

And honestly, I could care less, what any guy thinks of me; I am all about the GALS and the dance of life.

And hell yeah... I can prove it in more than just FRIGGING INTERNET LAND words..;)

And yeah.. they find me me VERY INTERESTING, unless photos lie. ;);):)

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/12/09/gods-muse-of-dance/

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 4:37 pm

Well, since I'm pretty sure I'm not an alpha spec ops ninja, I'm going to rely on my shotgun to keep the bad guys away.

To each their own.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2015, 4:41 pm