Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2015, 5:22 pm

In many Europe countries, fascist political partys is growing very fast.

Why is that? Good or bad? Will this happen in USA and Canada also?

Is being a facist really the same thing as being a nazi racist?

In my country, Sweden, Sverigedemokraterna got 12,9 % of the votes in 2014 election. New statistics researchers are showing that if a election was held today, they would get 18 %.

The lefts and liberals are all over the facists in Europe, attacking them with words and telling them how bad they are etc.

Eternally500
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2015, 5:50 pm

You are indeed right fascist is growing in Europe, but no it want grow big in the US or Canada there are fascist groups in North-Ameria but they are not very organized.

Its not really a surprise that it is growing more because allot of EU countries are becoming more and more against immigration and if something isent done about it slowing done then by end of this decade things can start to heat up quite allot in Europe.

No being a fascist is not the same thing as being a nazi rasist, if you look up fascist and read about the difference about of say compared to Italy and Germany in the beginning of the 1930's you will see very different policy's when it comes to jews. In Italy jews in the early start of fascist country where very welcome but that policy changed when they entered along side the axis powers.

Also I would recommend a book called Einstein his universe and life you can also learn allot fascist history in that book to.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10884.Einstein

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 6:21 pm

It's a reaction to massive muslim immigration.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 6:25 pm

slenkar wrote:

That doesn't explain the massive anti-Semitic epidemic in Greece right now.

Eternally500
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2015, 6:33 pm

slenkar wrote:

Its not just a massive Muslim immigration it has to do with all middle east immigration.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm

slenkar wrote:

Half of my city is muslims and I live in one of Swedens biggest town.

But im not against it, becuse muslims are also humans and they have come here becuse they had it bad in their country.

We cant just close our border and say "go back to the war". Its inhuman.

Sure, muslims bring alot of problems, but all groups does that.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 7:15 pm

The problem is from what I've seen and read, is that they want to impose their way of life from their previous country in their new one. You cannot force a government to obey the will one religion.

I have no ill will towards the majority of Muslims, but when they are calling for what is taught in the Koran and oppressing women and minorities, then there is a major issue.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm

(Moved from News and Current Events to Politics, Philosophy and Religion.)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 9:14 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
I have no ill will towards the majority of Muslims, but when they are calling for what is taught in the Koran and oppressing women and minorities, then there is a major issue.

A portion of Muslims fail to understand the separation of church and state.

If they want Sharia, there's plenty of countries that have it.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 1:17 am

There is a difference between Europe and USA in the makeup of the immigrants. (The USA btw takes in more immigrants each year then all other countries combined.) Muslims have not immigrated to the USA in large numbers.

Part of that is just geography. Most immigrants are from the closest countries. In the USA's case, that is Mexico. Muslims may not choose the USA also because of perceived anti-Muslim sentiment in the USA, especially since 9/11.

The USA does have its own version of anti-immigrant sentiment, but it is not a growing phenomenon. Part of the difference is that immigrants to the USA tend to blend in more. Muslims tend to remain a separate community within the countries they immigrate to.

With people it is very simple. Difference is friction.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 1:41 am

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Part of that is just geography. Most immigrants are from the closest countries. In the USA's case, that is Mexico. Muslims may not choose the USA also because of perceived anti-Muslim sentiment in the USA, especially since 9/11.

I know you said perceived anti-Muslim sentiment, but I think anti-Muslim sentiment is much stronger in Europe generally.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 2:16 am

andrethemoogle wrote:
slenkar wrote:
That doesn't explain the massive anti-Semitic epidemic in Greece right now.

That's mainly a left-wing phenomenon.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jan 2015, 6:02 am

I think a lot of North Americans talk about immigration to Europe without any real knowledge of it. Just remember to go beyond the scare stories you've heard. For example, the "Sharia law in London" thing? That was two people putting up posters. There are over eight million people in London and one million of them are Muslims. Generally, a large majority of Muslims blend in well in Europe and aren't trying to impose Sharia law.

But then, the same is true of Europeans. Why would Muslim migration to Sweden be causing fascism? They're still an extremely homogeneous population, and whilst immigration from the Muslim world is on the rise, when it starts so low that's not difficult. Only 3.8% of EU citizens are Muslims. The problem, again, is propaganda and fear that isn't based in reality.

Aside from countries with links to the Ottoman empire, and Russia, the European country with the most Muslims is France - 7.5%. Far from slowing creeping into Sharia, France has banned face covering, which regardless was only practised by about 2000 of the 5 million Muslims in France (0.08% of Muslim women).

So, the rise of fascism (and anti-immigrant sentiment) is because of propaganda, a compelling narrative, and people's general distrust of "the other".

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 7:03 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Aside from countries with links to the Ottoman empire, and Russia, the European country with the most Muslims is France - 7.5%. Far from slowing creeping into Sharia, France has banned face covering, which regardless was only practised by about 2000 of the 5 million Muslims in France (0.08% of Muslim women).

And they only torched 940 cars during this year's New Year's celebrations, which is a reduction of 12% compared to last year.

Jules_Bonnot_1912
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2015, 7:32 am

The_Walrus is right: it's mostly the propaganda that makes it seem as if Europe has a big problem with Muslims. The problem is more the propaganda itself: trying to scare the people with all those lies ... and yes, that's what it is: lies!

Governments are still struggling with the heritance of their colonial past and the immigrant workers. They didn't demand the immigrant workers to integrate (learn the language and customs), because they were expected to leave the country once their job was done. Which didn't happen.
And just look back to the colonies ... how they were created and how it's still the main cause for a lot of problems in the Middle-East and Africa.

Dillogic wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:

A portion of Muslims fail to understand the separation of church and state.

If they want Sharia, there's plenty of countries that have it.

I doubt if it's just the Muslims doing that. Oppressing women and minorities isn't exclusive to them, Christians do it too ... but in a different way.

btw 'separation of state and church' ... how about the Jewish faith? Everytime somebody says something negative about Zionism, they get labelled as anti-semitic.

I do agree that if people want Sharia they should go to a different country ...

Jules_Bonnot_1912
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2015, 7:36 am

Humanaut wrote:
And they only torched 940 cars during this year's New Year's celebrations, which is a reduction of 12% compared to last year.

How do you know that was done by Muslims?