Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CharlotteEstevez
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jan 2015, 5:27 am

G'Day!
I was wondering... is there anybody here who cuts themselves? I mean like, real cuts that bleed and leave scars after a couple of weeks? I started cutting myself in 2010 and up until now I haven't really found any coping skills. I've tried several ways of distracting myself but nothing seems to help me. So I was wondering if any of you guys cut and know how to avoid it.
I usually cut when I'm overly stressed and have too many thoughts running through my head.
Thanks in advance!

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 6:02 am

I started cutting around the age of 15, back when I started struggling with depression and mania as a result of the onset of bipolar. It's a stress reliever...I often feel like there's a lot of emotional pressure building up inside me and self-harm was a major way of relieving it. It's been on and off for the last 11 years, and I'm prone to the occasional relapse. I haven't done it for a couple of months, though.

I've never cut deep enough to warrant medical attention, but my left forearm is still heavily scarred, almost like a washboard. I used to wear only long sleeves in public but now I've relaxed a bit and wear a sweatband over the area.

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2015, 10:25 am

I don't actually cut myself cuz I don't walk around with a knife in my hand. But I do scratch myself but like really badly. So badly and often that I have the scars weeks after. Usually every time I feel the tiny bit anxious, but I don't really realize it cuz I'm used to it. The only thing I found to do is to put special cream on those parts but that only hides it so you're not alone.

Sarah xx