Discussion: Autism and Polyamory

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LadyDaemontus
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2015, 12:24 am

What are your views on Polyamory?
What are your experiences?
How did you make poly relationships work?
What went wrong?

Basically, discuss Polyamory here.

''I can be the villain to your whore~''

Girljinxed
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2015, 4:24 am

Is anyone else involved with poly with an aspie?

pj4990
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

Yes. I tend not to talk about poly much as I find discussing personal relationships with strangers on the internet to be difficult to get a useful and interesting conversation about as there isn't really anything objective.

Girljinxed
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2015, 4:07 pm

That could be said of discussing anything here on the internet, yet that's what forums are all about :) I'll open dialogue with anyone who is interested about the topic.

pj4990
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm

I find that it applies more polyamoury than any other subject I've come across. How autism affects me has a a useful overlap with how it affects other people on this forum, how three oddballs have an oddball relationship out of personal choice is something I've found works in such a personal way that discussing it with other people isn't helpful. It's a lifestyle entirely tailored to the people involved, not something I've found I can really identify with any community on. I know there is a poly community, but my experience seems completely irrelevant to theirs and vice versa.

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Feb 2015, 6:00 pm

I admit to being very curious about the whole polyamory thing. I think the reason why I'm not too tense over it is because I believe that you can have more than one "one", if you understand. So, the idea of love being a family (or even a sexual curiosity) seems pretty interesting to me. Would I love to try it one day? Sure, just to see what it is like.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 7:07 pm

I'm not even wanted by one (IRL), being wanted by many (or wanting many) just doesn't compute.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Feb 2015, 2:04 am

I get so attracted to the person I'm with that I cant imagine wanting a 2nd.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WaltD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2015, 10:23 am

There is some autistic angle to polyamoury because we look at relationships in a different way.
And I can not live together anyway.
If you are able to ban jealous thoughts from your system because you realize it's just a bunch of negative feelings and insecurity. And you find monogamy are restrictions you put on yourself in order to restrict your partner.
It can be done but it will be difficult keeping it strait (honest) and other people telling you it can't be done.
I find it easiest to keep it one on one though. But it's good to share different things with diferrent partners.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:27 pm

I wouldn't mind being in a poly relationship but when getting involved with more than one gf it can lead to more complications. I would worry about about one getting jealous of the other due to attention time and such so have to equally distribute the attention to both to ensure both get equal attention doing so requires extra energy.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 28 Feb 2015, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qFox
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2015, 1:31 pm

I value faithfulness.

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2015, 1:55 pm

qFox wrote:
I value faithfulness.

So do poly people. Really, the only difference between monogamy and polyamory is the amount of people involved. There's still no lowdown cheating on any of the partners. However, you can introduce a boyfriend or girlfriend in the mix directly.

WaltD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2015, 7:47 am

There is actually no room for (white) lies in a threesome and that's another link to autism; we (the autists) find it difficult to lie.

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2015, 2:17 am

You mean polygamy?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 2:39 am

Polyamory is very interesting. I know I can handle it myself, but I've only tried it with imaginary relationships. That's as far as I'm likely to take it.

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2015, 3:12 pm

charcoalsketches wrote:
I think the reason why I'm not too tense over it is because I believe that you can have more than one "one", if you understand.

I find the whole "one" concept incomprehensible.The idea of deliberatly seeking exclusivity seems crazy to me.