Page 7 of 18 [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 7:57 pm

Good ole David.....he is overly staunch in his opinions, despite evidence to the contrary.

Who knows? When all is said and done, maybe David might reflect a little bit on what's been said here. He wouldn't be able to admit it within this thread, though.

I, for one, do not turn a blind eye to evidence at eye level.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 10:30 pm

I'm pretty poor at social stuff, but since maybe 25-ish, I haven't met an adversary that I couldn't find something to like in them. And odd as you may think it, I like this one too. Although, because I live closer to Kiwiland than he does, he may struggle to reciprocate. :P

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 10:35 pm

You bods can get as sanctimonious as you like; it will not make me forget or ignore all the natural science and philosophy I've been practically obsessed with for many years... ever since I was logically forced, kicking and screaming, into the exact opposite journey Narrator describes of himself.

So far we haven't even come to a logical assessment that any kind of science is even possible, let alone what it is and how it works. You insist that science is not science unless it is convenient to your ideological assumptions.

Anyhow*, beer seems a much more pleasant way to pass the time... I'll get stuck into it immediately.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 10:38 pm

Narrator wrote:
I'm pretty poor at social stuff, but since maybe 25-ish, I haven't met an adversary that I couldn't find something to like in them. And odd as you may think it, I like this one too. Although, because I live closer to Kiwiland than he does, he may struggle to reciprocate. :P
You're dead right! Melbourne is much too close to Kiwiland for my liking. :)

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 10:56 pm

The Ceduna pub then

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 12:47 am

Narrator wrote:
The Ceduna pub then
Cocos Islands a better option, I think.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 10:29 am

Hmm.. some interesting facts...

IN the last year, generally speaking, as a rule, in REAL LIFE, I AM illustrating real life examples of human behavior no one has encountered before, per their own words, not mine.

So according to HUMAN BEHAVIORAL life, by the scientific method alone, MY BEHAVIOR DOES NOT EXIST, AS I AM AN EXPERIMENT THAT SO FAR CANNOT BE REPEATED, by ways of human behavior.

Trust me, the anecdotal evidence of ME, per my behavior IN DANCE, IN REAL LIFE, recorded ON LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF FACEBOOK pages, by others, NOT ME, is real, although no one has been able to test the current experiment that is me, PER MY DANCE BEHAVIOR, by the SCIENTIFIC METHOD, AS NO one can duplicate my DANCE behavior TO DATE.

OK, LET's GET REAL, I am, perhaps, one of many extreme examples of unique and eccentric human behavior in ACTION, which can be recorded, to prove THE 'weird' BEHAVIOR EXISTS, AS UNIQUE, AND not repeated, so far, in human behavior, measured as such by the so-called SCIENTIFIC METHOD.

BUT TO SOME degree, all human behavior, and humans in general, are unique experiments that CANNOT EVER BE repeated precisely PER ANY SO-CALLED SCIENTIFIC METHOD that currently exists.

So science works pretty cool, for somethings in life, like the speed of light, and all of that.

BUT humans are much more complex in POTENTIAL FOR HUMAN creativity, than science CAN MEASURE NOW, AND REPEAT, AND THAT'S A FACT.

SCIENCE, is horribly limited when it comes to the greatest mystery of human, and that is human itself, particularly the magicK that comes with HUMAN creativity, when FULLER TAPPED AND EXPRESSED, TO THE dismay of the objectivist NAYSAYERS in life, who are simply living in robotic ways of systemizing life, outside of them, PER CULTURAL ILLUSIONS, instead of tapping the true creative potential that EXISTS WITHIN HUMANS, WHEN tapped as such, by whatever 'aRtistic', AS OPPOSED to 'aUtisitc' method THAT works!.. per Simon Baron Cohen, talk (reasoning.. systemizing.. robotic MIND vs. creative.. artistic.. empathic MIND).

Perhaps, the most fascinating factor of this particular forum is watching systemizers try to make the art of philosophy into a science.

It JUST WILL NOT WORK, unless one is talking about science and science alone.

Philosophy is art and science, not science alone.

And that is just PHILOSOPHY 101, FOR THOSE WHO REALLY GET IT. ;)

AND SOME folks cannot, per innate and/or environmental factors, as the case studies do 'clinically' provide evidence for here.

And sorry, I do not drink, I dance instead.

FREE STYLE INTEPRETIVE DANCE (not so much the dancing with the stars science type) does the same thing BASIC THINGY for releasing PENT UP SILLY HUMAN EMOTIONS, PER ANGER AND other more nuanced human emotions, PERHAPS, IN part, for some folks, as a consequence of a LIFETIME OF BEING OSTRACIZED, and generally not yet, being able to figure out the greatest mystery AND MASTERY, per ART and SCIENCE IN life, in being able to balance one's own mind and body, for simple human animal homeostasis THAT really smart wild animals enjoy, as the mainstay of life IN NOW.

And that's the whole IDEA THINGY behind THE ART AND SCIENCE OF PHILOSOPHY, PER BALANCING THE ART AND SCIENCE OF HUMAN LIFE, AS IS NOW in mind and body balance.

And UNTIL ONE FIGURES THAT OUT, this ain't EVEN PHILOSOPHY 101, DUDES, with or without a beer, or TRUE DANCE OF LIFE IN ART AND SCIENCE BALANCED AS SUCH.

And without taking physical intelligence, which science does now show drives both physical and emotional intelligence AND SENSORY INTEGRATION, into fuller ACCOUNT IN BOTH PRINCIPLE AND REAL LIFE EFFECT AND AFFECT, PHILOSOPHY WILL continue to be ineffective as it has been in the past.

Including the science that now shows that LUST IS THE CORE human attribute that underlies the true POWER OF HUMAN CREATIVITY AND PRODUCTIVITY.

OUR 'VICTORIAN' cultures of the past and the present, still leave the philosophy of physical and sexual intelligence untapped.

It shows clear in the number of philosophy of ART human formed male nude RENAISSANCE statues where the penises ARE removed by chisels to hide THE FRIGGING SIMPLE TRUTH OF LIFE that we AS HUMAN BEINGS are AT CORE CREATIVE PASSIONATE animals, and not a frigging SCIENCE PROJECT ALONE, DESIGNED BY A PRUDE, INSTEAD OF A PASSIONATE LIVING GOD AS MOTHER NATURE TRUE!

SO SAD TO CUT THE PENISES OFF (or at least 20% of them [circumcision]) AND MUTILATE THE VAGINAS (FGM) OF GOD.

Humans, overall, are FRIGGING INSANE, as a result of modern cultures that repress, oppress, and subjugate FREE ART OF HUMAN NATURE/CREATIVITY, BY ways of illusory fears for MATERIAL RATHER THAN true human CREATIVE GAIN through INNATE HUMAN NATURE more fully expressed AS ARTISTIC ways, instead of 'Zombie Apocalypse' ways alone, as one CAN SEE MORE CLEARLY in culture as it goes AS IS NOW, overall.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

David all we are asking for is empirical evidence for what you are claiming. Surely if you are so convinced that the majority view in physics ,biology, chemistry and cosmology is wrong you would have supporting evidence! All we are asking for is that evidence.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 5:30 am

Here's anther example of how political and ideological assumptions destroy science.

http://www.principia-scientific.org/the ... smear.html

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 5:41 am

David who cares. Basically you are full of s**t. Provide evidence or shut up. In all my time on this forum I have not come across some one who has such an absence in credibility as yourself.

Like I have asked repeatedly provide evidence for your claims,

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 8:05 am

Oldavid wrote:
Here's anther example of how political and ideological assumptions destroy science.

David, on page 6 of this thread, I gave rather lengthy evidence of how your credibility on "assumptions" and ideology is quite lacking. One day, when you've taken the plank out of your own eye, maybe you'll have the temperance for such discussions. Unfortunately, right now you sound a tad ignorant of your own glaring hypocrisy. Just one more example of your ideological subjectivity.

Edit: But that's ok.. gives me something to look forward to. :P

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 10:33 am

Oldavid wrote:

http://www.principia-scientific.org/the ... smear.html

From the article:

Quote:
The caterwauling over climate change has nothing to do with real-world warming, cooling, storms or droughts. It has everything to do with an ideologically driven hatred of hydrocarbons, capitalism and economic development, and a callous disdain for middle class workers and impoverished Third World families that “progressive” activists, politicians and bureaucrats always claim to care so much about.

This assumption about the motives of people "caterwauling over climate change" is indeed political and ideological. But neither it nor any other political or ideological assumption has destroyed science. Science has not been destroyed and is actually in fine health.

Elsewhere on that website there is a calm and non-inflammatory article about the discovery of a new antibiotic. (Although, in the comment section, somebody comments that the very excellence of the research makes them furious about climate change research.) That's because the discovery of new antibiotics is not emotionally charged for them so they can look at it objectively.

Some subjects of research will cause an emotional reaction in some people, but this emotional reaction does not destroy science.

You say a lot about what you think science isn't. But never about what you think it is. When I pressed you on that point earlier you claimed to have already given an answer but this answer was just a misunderstanding of entropy.

I don't think you understand what science is at all. You consistently mix up science with specific researchers or specific research.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 10:47 pm

I have consistently said, and always implied, that natural science is the discovery of the workings of nature by observation, hypothesis, and experimentation. There must be a method to science or it degenerates into a mush of conjecture, assumption and superstition; as it has done in the current popularised "versions" sold entirely by media hype.
Scientific method:

Wikipedia wrote:
The scientific method is a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.[1] To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry is commonly based on empirical or measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.[2] The Oxford English Dictionary defines the scientific method as "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."[3]

Although procedures vary from one field of inquiry to another, identifiable features are frequently shared in common between them. The overall process of the scientific method involves making conjectures (hypotheses), deriving predictions from them as logical consequences, and then carrying out experiments based on those predictions.[4][5] An hypothesis is a conjecture, based on knowledge obtained while formulating the question. The hypothesis might be very specific or it might be broad. Scientists then test hypotheses by conducting experiments. Under modern interpretations, a scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable, implying that it is possible to identify a possible outcome of an experiment that conflicts with predictions deduced from the hypothesis; otherwise, the hypothesis cannot be meaningfully tested.

The purpose of an experiment is to determine whether observations agree with or conflict with the predictions derived from a hypothesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

That's simple enough; though I expect it's way more than you "Snake-oil" salesmen can understand or accept because it's inconvenient to your ideological prejudices (assumptions).

What popularised nonscience does (as in the example of climate "science" above) is to assume the desired "result" then "cherry-pick", or fraudulently misrepresent, or simply fabricate "observations" to suit.

It's painfully obvious that there is here a cadre of "Jihadists" who's mission is to eliminate any questioning of their Materialist ideology and its prophets so that no debate can ensue about any genuinely scientific issues.
Dogma #1: Everything is explained by Materialism.
Dogma #2: Anything that can't be explained by Materialism... refer to Dogma #1.

I was rather hoping that there might be some sharp-minded and interestingly "unconventional" folk to be found on a supposedly "'spergic" forum but, once again, I am disappointed.

Perhaps the problem is that the "diagnostic tools" for diagnosing 'Spergia can't distinguish between 'Spergics and ordinary, common, garden variety, narcissists.

Anyhow*, I'll continue with the beer and direct my conversation to people who have a bit more to their knowledge base than commonplace media hype.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 11:23 pm

Once again David I ask you to provide evidence for your specific claims. All you have done in the post above is demonstrate just how accurate Narrator's assement of your level of self awareness is. The above post is nothing more than a hypocritcal diatribe, replete with half truths and nonsense conjecture. As I have said before you are nothing but a one trick pony who has the ability to verbalise diarrhoea. For pities sake it would appear that you cannot even understand the qoute you just posted. If you did then you would realise that it is you not us that violate the principles of the scientific method.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 11:31 pm

lol.. so true to form, David. Ignore the log in your own eye.
And just to up the anti.... I'm drinking a Corona or two

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 1:44 am

Narrator wrote:
lol.. so true to form, David. Ignore the log in your own eye.
And just to up the anti.... I'm drinking a Corona or two
I can't drink Corona.... I don't have an appropriate tie to match.... or any of the other lah-de-dah that identifies me with the "in" crowd.