Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

rtmpgt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2015, 1:11 pm

Okay. So, i haven't been on here in a while, but i thought i might ask for a little advice on something.

See, My partner and I both have AS, both cases are incredibly different. Mine, is less severe, Hers, is intensely severe. I currently live alone, and i'm fairly independent, and experienced when it comes to interpersonal relationships, albeit i find it difficult to negotiate some types of personality. Most of her friendships, are based upon relationships with those she's met online, but she fares better in conversation, she's quite chatty...

She's been out of university for about a year now, finding it really hard to find a job in her chosen career path, and suddenly she's regressing into an obsessive state. She doesn't stop talking about Fictional crushes, tropes, and such. I know stories are fun, and interesting... But the fact that she talks about them all the damn time is kinda bugging me a little. I'm not sure what it is, sometimes i zone out when i talk with her, and i end up engaging with others, or talking on my phone or something like that.

Every single time i let her know, subtly, what's going on, and that it's freaking me out a little, she gets very, very upset... Almost as if i did something wrong. I don't mean to hurt her feelings, but I just don't want to talk about the same goddamn thing every time. It's driving me nucking futs! What can I do, to at least try to get her to get onto a new topic?