Are you a child of God? Will you be God’s master or slave?

Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

badgerface
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2015, 11:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Truths are often obtained through other avenues not named Logic.

This is correct for some things - it's illogical to believe anything without evidence, and particularly if there is substantial evidence to the contrary; although the truth is that a lot of people do . . .

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 11:45 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
I am nobodies slave and I have no master I am free to do as I wish because god does not exist!

Spoken as a logical fallacy but no argument.

Regards
DL

GOD is both a rational and emotional THING.. AMONG many other THINGS.. AND FEELINGS PER mother nature TRUTH.

TO NOT use an entire mind and body in POTENTIAL balance of emotions is a terrible thing to lose.....even IF one ever has it or finds it.. as GOD is mysterious like that with 'her' children.....

And perhaps one day this will make sense to one.. but perhaps a challenge too.. as English is not one's first language..perhaps...

But still French is a very emotional language when used with TRUE EMOTIONAL power.. PER THE ONLY FEELING THAT TRULY MOVES HUMANS IN action and not just empty words of not much of anything but talk...

Words.. without essence of emotion are just housing of VEHICLES AND VESSELS OF empty things.. sadly as it.. IS so.. for those who never have these tears of truth....

IN other words.. words without emotions ARE ONLY MYTHS.... when IT comes to truly being human...as is... evolved to be....

So is one myth or human.. just something to think about.. as when folks are made into myths.. misery and despair can occur...

Is better to be a legend NOW than myth.. as at least.. someone.. notices a life..... and tells a story of flesh and blood... truth or lie.. however.. that and 'they' may come.. as FREEDOM of emotion balanced reason.... OR not.. of course.. on the course and journey of life in NOW.. and not some ancient time of human myth.... re-written over the course of centuries and Aeons alike...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2015, 12:33 pm

I've always thought that religion, science, mathematics, philosophy, metaphysics, astronomy, astrology, art, music where all part of the same thing. And it's only that one is always waiting for the other to catch up somehow. Everything that has ever been thought of has been thought by the human mind. So every thing ever written was written by man. So it's silly we even argue about it anyway. everything is only a theory until proven fact. The only way all this makes sense to me is to observe nature and it's physics, technology and how it interacts with the environment. We do have laws in nature and obstacles man kind has tried to overcome. We need to realise that all of our existence has been created from the human mind and it really does not matter what you believe in as long as it brings you peace and happiness, because that's all that really matters in life, Your happiness. your god is symbolic to your happiness, you may only get one life who knows, it's only sceptical NOT FACT. So live it at your happiest

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 12:46 pm

aghogday wrote:
[
GOD is both a rational and emotional THING.. AMONG many other THINGS.. AND FEELINGS PER mother nature TRUTH.

TO NOT use an entire mind and body in POTENTIAL balance of emotions is a terrible thing to lose......

That is why I put this above.

Truth is a treasure to the mind.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... /mary.html

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 12:46 pm

aghogday wrote:
[

TO NOT use an entire mind and body in POTENTIAL balance of emotions is a terrible thing to lose......

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

Regards
DL

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm

And just to say the very thing that gets me through the day is looking at nature and it's diversity in awe, I see every cell and function as a gift, like super powers. And when I reflect back all I see is alien. Life never ceases to amaze me despite all of its challenges.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 12:53 pm

Grommit wrote:
I've always thought that religion, science, mathematics, philosophy, metaphysics, astronomy, astrology, art, music where all part of the same thing. And it's only that one is always waiting for the other to catch up somehow. Everything that has ever been thought of has been thought by the human mind. So every thing ever written was written by man. So it's silly we even argue about it anyway. everything is only a theory until proven fact. The only way all this makes sense to me is to observe nature and it's physics, technology and how it interacts with the environment. We do have laws in nature and obstacles man kind has tried to overcome. We need to realise that all of our existence has been created from the human mind and it really does not matter what you believe in as long as it brings you peace and happiness, because that's all that really matters in life, Your happiness. your god is symbolic to your happiness, you may only get one life who knows, it's only sceptical NOT FACT. So live it at your happiest

Can you be happy if you are not living a moral life?

Should your highest moral tenet be centered on others or on yourself?

Most seem to think that centering on others is the highest morals but you seem to be centering on yourself.

Please listen to this presentation and see if you would rephrase your view.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

I agree that our happiness should be close to our highest desire but cannot see being happy if those around us are not.

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
aghogday wrote:
[

Regards
DL

The only treasure i 'know' is now and i FEEL that WAY...as TRUTH in heArt.

MIND IS only tool.. for treasure AS NOW...

And nah.. even if THE REAL MAN Jesus says otherwise.. i for one put no human above another.. in potential wisdom evolving.... OF COURSE.. including me.... on course.. as the ONLY way to evolution OF human SPIRIT AND HEART.. is through humble acceptance of NOT KNOWING IT ALL and understanding that mind is only tool AND NOT essence of what human BEING IS..

Or relying on books of past alone for TRUTH.

YES, Still waiting for one to tell me something NEW, and not re-hashed or LINKED from someone else.

And I will hold out hope for that..

As truly almost anything is possible WHEN HUMAN RELATIVE FREE WILL is found.. utilized and MASTERED IN practice and NEVER GOAL in NOW.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Grommit wrote:

Most seem to think that centering on others is the highest morals but you seem to be centering on yourself.

I agree that our happiness should be close to our highest desire but cannot see being happy if those around us are not.

Regards
DL

IT IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR humans to make other humans happy in TRUE EFFECT of affect if they are not happy and LOVE themselves...AS IS.. AS the two are married and not LIKEly separate partners....

If so.. a timid soul is all they may be....

So far who has has one made happy in this discussion.. by one's expressed philosophy about life....

To me it seems one may be SOMEWHAT 'cold' IN WAYS of heart.. SOUL.. and spirit.. from the words one parrots here from the words and links from others... that truly for the most part seem like empty housing of nothingness to me... IN VEHICLES and vessels of a time of NOw in words gone past....

To be right is nothing.. to connect in emotions IS all tHere IS in TRUE HUMAN LIFE....

TO DO THAT takes sharing.. PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY ABOUT FEELING LIFE.. and not just parroting WHAT someone else has done and said...

In just my opinion of course.. AS IT WORKS ALL THE TIME IN NOW FOR ME...:)

I smile my way THROUGH life, CONNECTING TO ALL OTHERS IN REAL LIFE unconditional love FLESH AND BLOOD CONNECTIONS.. with never a real worry or care...

And nah.. with no worries about the differences of others.. neither so-called higher or lower than i...

Perhaps that is a fool to you..

But my cat does the same thing.. as he too doesn't worry about abstract constructs of BS.....in human abstract language and complex human cultural ways of illusion...

And nah.. my cat is no fool.. as he is more human than many folks I come across in an average day's work of Unconditional Love....

Just living is enough for one who FEELS THE WAY TO DO IT THAT WORKS! IN connection to all others AS ONE!

AND THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS IN THIS LIFE.. for one who truly 'knows' THE FEELING OF life....AS IS per the REAL AND ONLY ONE CONNECTING INTERDEPENDENT RELATIONSHIP OF ALL THAT IS AKA GOD.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

“The modalities of awakened doing are acceptance, enjoyment, and enthusiasm. Each one represents a certain vibrational frequency of consciousness. You need to be vigilant to make sure that one of them operates whenever you are engaged in doing anything at all – from the most simple task to the most complex.”~ Eckhart Tolle

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

I am a child of God and I'm his master. I'm also not to afraid to say that I'm a Christian.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 2:15 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I am a child of God and I'm his master. I'm also not to afraid to say that I'm a Christian.

That is not the usual Christian thinking. It is the usual Gnostic Christian thinking.

Welcome.

Do you try to lead your fellow Christian to your view?

Most of those will likely quote you John and his, you are either a slave to God or a slave to sin mantra.

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

Grommit wrote:
“The modalities of awakened doing are acceptance, enjoyment, and enthusiasm. Each one represents a certain vibrational frequency of consciousness. You need to be vigilant to make sure that one of them operates whenever you are engaged in doing anything at all – from the most simple task to the most complex.”~ Eckhart Tolle

I second you and Eckhart Tolle, on this simple but true human BEING wisdom.

ONE must feel human to be human, truly, in at least one of these ways of FEELING HUMAN BEING..:)

TO ACCEPT all that is unconditionally TO enjoy all that is UNCONDITIONALLY TO EXPRESS PASSION IN THE ENTHUSIASM OF LIFE WITH ALL OTHERS and all that is unconditionally CAN BE AS SIMPLE AS A DANCE OF SONG IN CONNECTING NON-VERBAL LANGUAGE OF MOVEMENT WITH ALL OTHERS present in Now too!

This ain't rocket science.

THIS IS THE LANGUAGE OF LIVING LIFE FREE AS HUMAN BEING LIKE A BUTTERFLY WHO ARRIVES ALIVE FREE FROM COCOON EXISTENCE!

AND IT IS

SACRED UNCONDITIONAL LOVE..

THE HIGHEST POWER OF FORCE EVER KNOWNow AS GOD!

First tHere is dark then light then movement or dance followed by sound or song fueling dance or movement in INFINITE LOOP OF EXISTENCE AS IS!

SO WHY NOT DANCE AND SING AND REFLECT THE GOD OF ALL THAT IS!..

IS what i for one, dance and sing NOW FOR ONE THAT IS ALL THAT IS AKA GOD!

IT Works for me, at least, as one part of the BIG ONE THAT IS GOD in my fractal existence as IS NOW. :)

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 2:18 pm

Grommit wrote:

Was this supposed to answer my question to you?

I hope I did not ask what you could not answer.

Regards
DL

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2015, 4:17 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Which part would you like me to rephrase, I'm not sure what you mean or who your rephrasing about. I'm not sure what you mean about: can you be happy if you are not leading a moral life. Does it mean somebody living without morals, or does it mean somebody does not understand morals, or do we just give ourselves a hard time. I don't quite understand as I do live by my own morals which derive from my own feelings which would mean that I am self centred and would often wonder what it is I did to offend. I guess if you didn't live up to your own moral standards you could be unhappy, and if you didn't have any it wouldn't matter anyway. I am curious to what you mean by that?

Another question I don't understand, I suppose it depends for what purpose, If you spend more time focusing your energy on other people then you are talented person, but then I would hope that the morals where intended for that person and not just self satisfaction and corruption, which is also interesting because without self satisfaction there is no moral centre for others which presents a conundrum, or they coincide each person making each other happy or sad. Now I'm talking waffle and my brain has gone to pancake batter I'm just going to say what I originally wanted to say which is without understanding yourself is without understanding others and visa versa. Arghhhh overload.............. if there was no happiness we would cease to exist surely, who wants to live unhappy? Why would you want to hear this from me anyway did I do something wrong.

You can lead a horse to a lake but you can't make it drink.

So in a way I'm not self centred because I want to give people hope as much as I want hope, and it's information that keeps me fascinated

And who do you quote on not being happy, I don't know what this means everybody gets unhappy. Unhappiness sets a motion just does happiness. If it's you that can't see the happiness then I have described my happiness such as you have described yours about god. Everyone has to find there's it's part of living, even animals pleasure seek.
Happiness is your god to staying healthy, having happy cells and thinking more focused thoughts. Only you know what makes you happy. But I admit being happy is not easy and seeing other people suffer isn't easy either. But like I said happiness as well as sadness and fear is like a plague and it takes people to break or start a cycle.

Lol after all this I don't even know where this is going but I'm posting it anyway. Oh yeah happiness

I'm still sticking with my opinion that we are all god, and god does not hold all of the pleasure because he gave it all to us here. For me a metaphorical sense. 7 billion people and the planet, that's a huge responsibility for mankind. We all need to wake up and smell the coffee. I'm more interested about serving the planet than I am god. And even if I don't succeed well at least I tried.

Regards

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 4:58 pm

Grommit wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Which part would you like me to rephrase, I'm not sure what you mean or who your rephrasing about. I'm not sure what you mean about: can you be happy if you are not leading a moral life. Does it mean somebody living without morals, or does it mean somebody does not understand morals, or do we just give ourselves a hard time. I don't quite understand as I do live by my own morals which derive from my own feelings which would mean that I am self centred and would often wonder what it is I did to offend. I guess if you didn't live up to your own moral standards you could be unhappy, and if you didn't have any it wouldn't matter anyway. I am curious to what you mean by that?

Another question I don't understand, I suppose it depends for what purpose, If you spend more time focusing your energy on other people then you are talented person, but then I would hope that the morals where intended for that person and not just self satisfaction and corruption, which is also interesting because without self satisfaction there is no moral centre for others which presents a conundrum, or they coincide each person making each other happy or sad. Now I'm talking waffle and my brain has gone to pancake batter I'm just going to say what I originally wanted to say which is without understanding yourself is without understanding others and visa versa. Arghhhh overload.............. if there was no happiness we would cease to exist surely, who wants to live unhappy? Why would you want to hear this from me anyway did I do something wrong.

You can lead a horse to a lake but you can't make it drink.

So in a way I'm not self centred because I want to give people hope as much as I want hope, and it's information that keeps me fascinated

And who do you quote on not being happy, I don't know what this means everybody gets unhappy. Unhappiness sets a motion just does happiness. If it's you that can't see the happiness then I have described my happiness such as you have described yours about god. Everyone has to find there's it's part of living, even animals pleasure seek.
Happiness is your god to staying healthy, having happy cells and thinking more focused thoughts. Only you know what makes you happy. But I admit being happy is not easy and seeing other people suffer isn't easy either. But like I said happiness as well as sadness and fear is like a plague and it takes people to break or start a cycle.

Lol after all this I don't even know where this is going but I'm posting it anyway. Oh yeah happiness

I'm still sticking with my opinion that we are all god, and god does not hold all of the pleasure because he gave it all to us here. For me a metaphorical sense. 7 billion people and the planet, that's a huge responsibility for mankind. We all need to wake up and smell the coffee. I'm more interested about serving the planet than I am god. And even if I don't succeed well at least I tried.

Regards

Did you follow that link?

It does not sound like you did so I am not surprised that you did not get the gist of what I was trying to show.

Have a look and just do the one question.

Should our highest moral tenet be centered on others or self-centered?

Regards
DL