Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RoyalBlood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2015, 8:01 pm

I was wondering if anyone else has had moments in there lives where they might start crying and sobbing completely out of control but unrelated to the context of what is happening around you are in your life?

One example is at age 27 saying good bye at an airport to a women I had just met the night before and I was just eating lunch with her and conversing. Some stress but not that much. Later in life,(58), I realy have it occur but now it still happens three or four times a year, but micro versions of the same thing happen from time to time, that is crying softly. :roll:

I have had two severe brain injuries and I know some folks with head injury have this occur also laughing. I had a incident at age 12 at a funeral of three members of a family being burned to death in a robbery and I was in the front rows of the church and started to laugh, struggled to repress it and of course it got worse, so I covered my face acted unconsolable excited fast as possible and laughed uncontrollably outside.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 12:53 am

It seems some autistic s have delayed emotional reaction at inopportune times. Another words you might have been crying about a hurt from a day ago, or a few years ago that never got released at the "typical" time which is right or shortly after the event occurred.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2015, 6:46 am

I haven't had any trauma like you but I do get into bouts of uncontrollable crying, where it just won't stop. Usually lasts several hours and I feel so, so low. All sorts of things spark it off but the crying is never about whatever sparked it. Just this intense sadness that I cannot alleviate. In those moments I begin suicide ideation in a serious way. Sometimes it happens regularly but other times just out of nowhere. It happens to me probably a couple of dozen times a year. This only started about 10yrs ago though.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

RoyalBlood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2015, 8:42 pm

I have dealt with the depression aspect and to some extent I was depressed because I didnt know what was wrong with me and why people felt I was strange. I started seeking diagnosis during High School as I was baffled by my social awkwardness. But what i was saying above was more like a delayed response where i was fine and happy in fact elated at a successful social interaction. So I was buoyant but sobbing, panicking really.

It was really in the course of treatment for depression that a smarter than before therapist put his finger on it to a slight degree, then with time ten years ago the whole Asperger diagnosis was made. I think it was delayed because some therapist look for real glaring overt syptoms rather than more subtle bigger picture.

Sorry can't focus I need to come back to this

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 11:04 pm

I cry quite a bit. Too much for a grown woman, really.

For me, it is a pressure valve release and is usually related to stress or being overwhelmed. Crying is the quickest and easiest release. I don't cry on purpose, but that is how it usually comes out. Either I get angry or I cry. But usually I cry.

The problem really starts because I am unaware that the stress/pressure is building up so much until I am at my wits end and cry. Depending on how bad the stress/overwhelmed feeling is will determine how much I cry. If I am feeling very bad about myself in the midst of it all, I will cry a lot more. Usually, the stress/pressure has been building for days and I have been "coping" with it. Then something else happens and it pushes me over the edge beyond what I can cope with and I cry.

In most situations, a good cry will allow me to gain a fresh perspective. The stress has been relieved and I feel "reset."