Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 12:35 am

I am hearing voices since the end of March early April 2014 I'm seeing these psychiatrist and a therapist and in the hospital three times but nothing seems to be working and is making me very depressed I just want to go back to living my normal autistic life. My voices have been a lot of trouble to the point where I don't even think i have autism anymore. They got me taken me out of School pleaced me on home and hospital hospital and now making me change schools to possibly a school in a 12 to 1 class which has one teacher and 2 aids probably for most of the behavioral or mental illness my therapist says it's a place for all types of disabilities but I doubt it. I. Used to like school now I hate it I hate even home and hospital because it's so much work. I Feel like I can't function in school work and I have to leave The school that I love to death have you called the friends that I made and tried so hard to make when It took years to make good friends and I finally stop being bullied by the kids in my old elementary school. Finally had a place where I felt safe. Until my illness( I don't know what it is yet or even if I am mentally ill) started and I thought that someone was stocking me or following me Sounds like lockers and doors slamming and other things people talking were people bullying me because I know I hate loud noices. And then my friend the Gay friend that I blurted out I'm autistic to moved away the day I got out of my third time at the hospital I had camp that day so I never got a chance to say goodbye and he helped me so much when I was ill and even when I was sort of bullied at one point. And before he left and the 2 and third hospitalization I made a new friend who help me get a ton of friends. And now I have to leave all that. If/when I get excepted into this new school or another school.

Also my good teachers that I've been Friends with and was so nice.

I never felt so low in my life besides the bullying. And I don't know what to do.

My voices Say there going to be there forever that they're here to protect me and I don't know what to do to get them away.

I've also going to lose my therapist to specializes in autism although she didn't really know much about it in the first place. She is so young and is still studying this.

Nobody let me into my IeP meeting so I have no idea what my test scores are or how I'm doing academically or anything or even what services I'm going to get. But no one seems to know what happened at the meeting or won't tell me what is going on. Man I should've listened in.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 10:39 am

it would only be fair for you to know what went on in your iep meeting. consider continuing to ask until you get the answers you need.

as someone who has heard voices, too, i can relate to how terrifying that is. i hope you and your doc find a medicine that helps soon. one very good thing is that you realize they are in your head. that will help you deal with them, even though it's uncomfortable.

sorry about being forced to change schools. can you keep in touch with friends from the old school on facebook or by phone and get-togethers?

LilZebra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2015, 10:17 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
I am hearing voices since the end of March early April 2014 I'm seeing these psychiatrist and a therapist and in the hospital three times but nothing seems to be working and is making me very depressed I just want to go back to living my normal autistic life. My voices have been a lot of trouble to the point where I don't even think i have autism anymore.

My voices Say there going to be there forever that they're here to protect me and I don't know what to do to get them away.

Hun, your 'good voices' are here to _help_ you. They can be any kind of spirit. They come from Heaven, and can come 'down' to our level in 3rd dimension.

People who have experienced trauma (abuse or a traumatic event) are more likely to hear voices or other related experiences.

They can be passed on loved ones (a grandparent, unborn sibling, future child).

Please ask them their names. Who they are.

Please don't be afraid of them, as I said, they're on _your side_.

Please stay away from Psychiatrists because they have the power to issue harmful drugs, that, like you said, don't really address the problem.

There is a Hearing Voices Movement organization, Intervoice, that can help you sort out your voices. I'm in Winnipeg, Canada where there is now a local chapter.

Here is the link:
http://www.intervoiceonline.org/

https://www.youtube.com/user/v01ce5000

and on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/intervoice/?fref=ts

Take care

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 6:04 am

I disagree with the above post. Antipsychotics have helped me in times of crisis. You should consult a therapist as well though.

I remember staying up 3 days one time and hearing my parents argue all day long. Eventually it just turned into "You stupid b***h, you stupid b***h, you stupid b***h" over and over and over again all day long. I thought I could read minds, that other people could read my mind, that people were trying to murder me. All of it was false and I was never abused or experienced anything traumatic (other than perhaps run of the mill schoolyard bullying)I was given antipsychotics, got some good sleep and within a week the voices went away.

Trauma is a possibility but sometimes it's just the brain going haywire.

If current antipsychotics aren't helping you may need to change meds or switch dose. If not, perhaps it is trauma-related or perhaps you just have a stubborn case.

In any case, a good social support group is helpful. The voices would lessen when I was around people I trusted. Maybe it is the same for you.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm

my suggestion just pray, pray to God ask him to protect you
and keep you safe