Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

Perhaps make the videos answering one or two questions per video. For me at least, 18 minutes is a long video to watch.

You could make a video asking youtube users to submit their questions for you to answer.

Quote:
Don't have anything that sticks out as a point of interest though. Did you have something in mind?

What I was thinking was something along the lines of for example "As an Aspie, I do or don't like these kinds of places because...".

You could make a tour video of your car. Those are popular and I made one for my 1986 AMC Eagle.

Quote:
I've got a GoPro camera that's designed to be mounted and whatnot

A scenic drive or just some kind of driving video with tat camera would be awesome. I need to get one of those Go Pro camera's.

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jan 2015, 6:30 pm

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
Perhaps make the videos answering one or two questions per video. For me at least, 18 minutes is a long video to watch.
My thoughts exactly. We're definitely tweaking the format to make it a shorter video. We actually answered nine questions the first go around, and had a much longer introduction (plus an interruption) than most videos will have, so estimating about 3 minutes for all of that (which may be a conservative estimate), it comes out to about 14 minutes of Q&A. At a rate of a very rough 1.5 minutes per question on average, we should probably stick to 3 questions max to keep it under the 5 minute mark.

You could make a video asking youtube users to submit their questions for you to answer.
I asked at the end of the video.

Right now, I'm just looking for a few more questions to answer. If I get more than what I think we can answer in a five minute timespan, that actually works in our favor in that we can have multiple videos made. Unfortunately, I have zero to answer and would prefer not to solicit my own family members for questions. In all fairness however, it's looking like I may have to resort to that if I can't get any leads via this thread... :(

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 10:30 pm

I guess I'll throw some questions out then. Not sure if they will be exactly what you are looking for but I'll try. :)

1. Are there any particular foods you can't stand to eat?
2. Do you like having things in a very particular order? (i.e. DVD's, hats, tools, etc)
3. Do you have trouble getting to sleep?
4. Are there any kinds of clothing that you don't like, weather it be fit or material?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. How did you first find out about Aspergers and Autism?
7. When traveling, do you travel light or take a lot with you?
8. Are you a neat freak?
9. How did your diagnosis, for better or for worse, affect your school career?
10. How has Aspergers benefited you compared to others around you?
11. What is the one public place that sensory overload is to much to handle?

Hope that you can use at least a couple of these.

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2015, 8:00 pm

I guess I'll throw some questions out then. Not sure if they will be exactly what you are looking for but I'll try. :)

1. Are there any particular foods you can't stand to eat?
2. Do you like having things in a very particular order? (i.e. DVD's, hats, tools, etc)
3. Do you have trouble getting to sleep?
4. Are there any kinds of clothing that you don't like, weather it be fit or material?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. How did you first find out about Aspergers and Autism?
7. When traveling, do you travel light or take a lot with you?
8. Are you a neat freak?
9. How did your diagnosis, for better or for worse, affect your school career?
10. How has Aspergers benefited you compared to others around you?
11. What is the one public place that sensory overload is to much to handle?

Hope that you can use at least a couple of these.
Perfect! Thank you VERY much for this! :mrgreen:

I will say that #6 is something that we may not be able to answer (we were both diagnosed very early on in our lives), but the rest of them are excellent questions. Ten questions makes for at least three videos. Awesome! Now it's just a matter of figuring out the order in which to answer them :lol: (I know, first world problems)

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 7:03 pm

We apologize for the delay, but Episode 2 is now up!

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm

Informative, interesting and fun! :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 8:43 am

Our third video is up! :D

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm

Great idea. Have you thought about filming from a better angle? And maybe doing more in the staging department, to create a more inviting visual?

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2015, 6:39 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Great idea. Have you thought about filming from a better angle? And maybe doing more in the staging department, to create a more inviting visual?
That would be a "no" to both actually. Could definitely use some ideas in that department though -- what did you have in mind? Especially now that the, erm, "louder" side of the family has moved out as of last weekend, and since it's spring, we can pretty much move it anywhere, even outdoors (back porch, side yard, etc.). I guess a better way to ask might be "what kind of visual is inviting to you?" If it's a change in scenery, then could solve the angle issue altogether.

Just to give everyone an update as well -- we're starting to get questions via comments to our videos, so once we sort through the next episode answering the final three questions from the post in this thread, we'll start moving onto the comments in the videos. Before we film the next episode though, I'm curious what everyone thinks about the location and thoughts on improving it. Definitely open to suggestions! :D

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:47 am

I like how it is now. Seems less formal and more genuine this way. Easier on the eyes in my opinion. There are lots of videos with staged backgrounds and stuff and they seem a little more fake or stressed or something. Like the whole video recording is stressed.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:18 pm

I guess opinions are going to vary, but I found the "stuff" in the background distracting. Some things are fine, like the guitar and the furniture, but other things just bring in a sense of clutter.

As for angle, the camera is too close to your legs, creating a distorted perspective. I think it should be shot more straight on to your faces.

Shooting outside can be tricky, because you have to get the lighting right, and keep it even. Probably master the indoor first, and then maybe try to learn the outdoor.

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Mar 2015, 6:50 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I guess opinions are going to vary, but I found the "stuff" in the background distracting. Some things are fine, like the guitar and the furniture, but other things just bring in a sense of clutter.
In that case, we may move the shooting location elsewhere within the same room. I do have a few ideas that we can try (bed, other couch, etc.) and have far less "clutter" so to speak. Might not be a bad idea actually :)

DW_a_mom wrote:
As for angle, the camera is too close to your legs, creating a distorted perspective. I think it should be shot more straight on to your faces.
Gotcha. We do have a tripod that we can set it on, so I'll get that set up too.