Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2015, 7:30 am

And it's up! :mrgreen:

That's me on the left, and my fiancee (Witchscat) on the right. Also visible are my two guitars (electric 6-string and acoustic 4-string bass) and my computer setup on the left, and my 3D printer on the right, just to satisfy everyone's curiosity. :wink:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 9:07 am

Shep wrote:

That's me on the left, and my fiancee (Witchscat) on the right. Also visible are my two guitars (electric 6-string and acoustic 4-string bass) and my computer setup on the left, and my 3D printer on the right, just to satisfy everyone's curiosity. :wink:

Well done. I've left a comment on your video as well.

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2015, 9:23 am

Jono wrote:
Well done. I've left a comment on your video as well.
Thank you! Just approved your comment too :D For now I'm going the "approved only" route, but if we ever get too big for me to spend time approving it, I'll allow all comments and just delete any that are inappropriate as I see them. In the meantime however, I don't mind filtering through them all.

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 11:10 am

:mrgreen:

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 11:16 am

Also, are those black things light-occluding curtains on your windows?

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2015, 12:01 pm

QuiversWhiskers wrote:
Also, are those black things light-occluding curtains on your windows?
Yup, those are blackout cellular shades. We tried with the shades up originally, but the it made for bad lighting conditions, so we pulled them down for the video. Works wonders actually. :)

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm

New camera, new video series, new car coming in on Thursday, life's lookin' good right about now! :mrgreen:

Now that things have settled down from last week's funeral (not sure how many of you caught from the video description, but my great Uncle Ed passed away a week ago today) I think we're ready to start answering some more questions! Anyone have anything they want us to address? We'll definitely cut back on content this time to make for shorter videos, but still need Q's to A :wink:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 8:33 pm

Shep wrote:

The first episode was really good! You both covered a lot of great information. If you guys have Aspie friends, maybe they could be episode guests (I am imagining Kramer's "Merv Griffin Show" set, hehe). And, what about call-in questions to complement the write-in questions? Maybe your cat could be the band leader (teach him the bass guitar). :lol:

Seriously, I really liked the show. Keep up the great work!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 8:44 pm

Hey Shep and Witch!

Good luck with your show!

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 8:09 am

AspieUtah wrote:
The first episode was really good! You both covered a lot of great information. If you guys have Aspie friends, maybe they could be episode guests (I am imagining Kramer's "Merv Griffin Show" set, hehe). And, what about call-in questions to complement the write-in questions? Maybe your cat could be the band leader (teach him the bass guitar). :lol:

Seriously, I really liked the show. Keep up the great work!

Interesting suggestions. I do have a couple friends who are on the spectrum. I don't know what their schedule is like, though, so I will have to ask when they are available. Also, I could try to teach Chubs to play bass, but being a cat, she'd rather sleep and go bird-watching that learn. :lol:

@kraftiekortie, thanks! :D

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2015, 11:10 am

Thank you Utah and Kortie! It means a lot to have early fans! :D (And ditto to everyone else who has wished us well so far too :wink: )

AspieUtah wrote:
what about call-in questions to complement the write-in questions?
Hmm, that's got me thinking about some kind of automated voicemail actually. Will research this one further, but it'll require a button press or two to weed out any telemarketers if we go this route. Or were you thinking "call-in questions" as in they actually call us while we're filming? That might be harder at the present moment due to (relatively) low viewership (24 total views and 1 subscriber at present moment), so getting someone to call in would be quite hard, and getting them to call in at a time when we're filming would be even harder.

Still though, I'll look into the automated voicemails option for now, just to see if it's even possible, and if so, what associated costs etc. would be.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

Shep wrote:
Hmm, that's got me thinking about some kind of automated voicemail actually. Will research this one further, but it'll require a button press or two to weed out any telemarketers if we go this route. Or were you thinking "call-in questions" as in they actually call us while we're filming? That might be harder at the present moment due to (relatively) low viewership (24 total views and 1 subscriber at present moment), so getting someone to call in would be quite hard, and getting them to call in at a time when we're filming would be even harder.

Still though, I'll look into the automated voicemails option for now, just to see if it's even possible, and if so, what associated costs etc. would be.

Yeah, recorded voice-mail questions would work best. No need to rush, you have your hands full currently with video production. But, it would be a fun idea for the future.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2015, 11:31 am

AspieUtah wrote:
No need to rush, you have your hands full currently with video production.
I actually don't right now since we've answered all questions asked so far, so I'm looking for ways to generate more inquiries. :? We would be ready to film our next episode as early as tonight (soonest we're together), but short of fabricating the content myself (which I'm not a fan of, nor would I know what to ask myself) or soliciting friends and family members, I'm not sure how to go about getting the content for our next video.

I don't have anything planned for lunch hour anyways, so I can research the recorded voicemail option then, but until we get more questions, I'm kind of "in limbo" with the next video of the series.

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 12:21 pm

Hey, I had another idea. As you were both diagnosed very young, you probably both received your fair share of interventions and ABA or CBT and stuff. Perhaps you could talk about how those treatments or therapies helped or hindered you or maybe didn't really do anything for you.

Another idea would be to tell about how your ASD affects you individually: your social traits, your sensory traits, etc. Perhaps make a pie graph or something to illustrate your personal mix of traits. Are all of your traits displayed or present on an equal level or are some aspects of it more or less prominent for you? That kind of thing. Some of that was already covered or touched on in the first episode, too.

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jan 2015, 4:41 pm

Bumping for more ideas. Out of content at this point. Anyone? :?

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 12:25 pm

Subscribed to your channel. :)

Maybe one idea is to take user questions and make a video to answer that question or questions.

You could also do something where you talk about something from an Aspie perspective, weather it is a hobby, place, event, news story, etc.

(P.S. make a video of your DeLorean, I'll watch that. :wink: )